Should govt seize property of someone earning more than X amount ..

lazybugger

btw, they should be seized. obviously.

supposed capitalist haven Singapore does that, through variety of taxations). 

Throwing the free market rule book, when the wealth you hoard is of no use to society, is not going to pass muster anymore.

Aint gonna happen...,

Social media can pass on loads of such information, but can never manage to win any argument of that sort in reality.

Its people who should rebel against the corruption instead of being blind bhakths of administration...but, that ain't gonna happen either...

Earning capacities undadam talent . Why should it be seized? Taxes right ga katti legal ga sampadiste seize cheyadam right a? Of course I support seizing from someone  who earn illegally. 

29 minutes ago, reality said:

Aint gonna happen...,

Social media can pass on loads of such information, but can never manage to win any argument of that sort in reality.

Its people who should rebel against the corruption instead of being blind bhakths of administration...but, that ain't gonna happen either...

Jeremy Corbyn - the labour party leader of UK suggested on TV that people who lost their homes in the Grenfell fire should be accommodated in London Houses that are vacant. Those houses that are just properties bought to take advantage of a tax loophole that UK offers. 

The idea seems to be out of the blue, and even Corbyn didn't quite expand on how he can accomplish that, but I see this happening within 10yrs.

Not because someone will win an argument about it in reality, but majority of people will find nothing wrong with the idea. 

Either this, or a police state that keeps poor people out of the sight for rich/middle class. Those are the only two options going forward.

9 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

Earning capacities undadam talent . Why should it be seized? Taxes right ga katti legal ga sampadiste seize cheyadam right a? Of course I support seizing from someone  who earn illegally. 

Hmm.. depends. Lets say, about 50% of US population pays income taxes now. What if job losses continue, and people keep going under, and are forced to do menial jobs for low pay. What if at a point of time only 30% of the population are able to pay taxes, and the rest live on some sort of direct govt welfare?

right now, these people are being shown boogeyman of immigrants, Protestant work ethic, etc to keep them in control. But it won't be possible for long.

I don't know if earning capacities is directly proportional to talent. I know plenty of dumb fcukers who make a lot of money, because they know the right people. So how do you keep the system running, without having to resort to shooting poor people who plan to rob you, or kill you for the money you made from your talent?

16 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

The system will collapse. Then it won't matter if you have talent or not. Only thing that will matter is are you beefy enough to punch the sh1t out of anyone in your way. Can you use assault rifles. Can you beg, grab, steal from others without feeling guilty, etc.

Ofcourse, until that happens, no one will believe that the system can collapse.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

Hmm.. depends. Lets say, about 50% of US population pays income taxes now. What if job losses continue, and people keep going under, and are forced to do menial jobs for low pay. What if at a point of time only 30% of the population are able to pay taxes, and the rest live on some sort of direct govt welfare?

right now, these people are being shown boogeyman of immigrants, Protestant work ethic, etc to keep them in control. But it won't be possible for long.

I don't know if earning capacities is directly proportional to talent. I know plenty of dumb fcukers who make a lot of money, because they know the right people. So how do you keep the system running, without having to resort to shooting poor people who plan to rob you, or kill you for the money you made from your talent?

I agree talent leni vallu kuda has capacities to become rich and successful. Right ga legal sampadinchi rich ayinavadu might provide employment also from his businesses right. I dont know much about how all this works but income batte income tax untundi. Job unnppudu 40% tax pay chestunnappudu jobless appudu govt responsibility kadu antara to provide welfare? They wont be jobless for ever right? Social security total point aey adi kada? 

In the recession of 2008, several homes in the US that were lying vacant were occupied by the homeless. Some of these squatters were previous owners who refused to vacate the place, and let the bank put it up for sale.

So this kind of random defiance is not uncommon under grim circumstances.

9 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I agree talent leni vallu kuda has capacities to become rich and successful. Right ga legal sampadinchi rich ayinavadu might provide employment also from his businesses right. I dont know much about how all this works but income batte income tax untundi. Job unnppudu 40% tax pay chestunnappudu jobless appudu govt responsibility kadu antara to provide welfare? They wont be jobless for ever right? Social security total point aey adi kada? 

okay. very hard to explain it without going completely off the track.

The topic here is. People lost homes in a London building fire. Now they are homeless. and the main opposition party leader is asking for them to be accommodated in posh London homes that are vacant, because all the owners are foreigners, who bought the house only to escape tax in their home country.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

okay. very hard to explain it without going completely off the track.

The topic here is. People lost homes in a London building fire. Now they are homeless. and the main opposition party leader is asking for them to be accommodated in posh London homes that are vacant, because all the owners are foreigners, who bought the house only to escape tax in their home country.

Oh ok. I thought this was a general disco.  

13 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I'll try to put this in a different way. What's the use of letting people spend on purchasing assets (mainly lands and buildings), and hoarding them, preventing others from accessing them, and they themselves not accessing them or using them for any productive purpose?

suppose a govt prints X amount of currency to be in circulation, and this property uses up 0.0000001X of the value that the currency in circulation can give to the economy. 1000s of such properties that are bought everyday, giving no real value to the economy. Ofcourse, this argument is simplistic, because it discounts several people who are employed because of these purchases, and when houses are constructed.

But there comes a point when asset values are simply unaffordable for the common man. It is that point when economy doesn't generate enough value for regular people to be able to afford that property. In that case, those already holding the properties have a huge advantage over those who don't. 

That is the point when the 'rich talented guy' who provides employment opportunities through his business, still cannot create enough people who can afford to buy that property.

London is in that stage. That's why this conversation has struck a slight chord there.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I'll try to put this in a different way. What's the use of letting people spend on purchasing assets (mainly lands and buildings), and hoarding them, preventing others from accessing them, and they themselves not accessing them or using them for any productive purpose?

suppose a govt prints X amount of currency to be in circulation, and this property uses up 0.0000001X of the value that the currency in circulation can give to the economy. 1000s of such properties that are bought everyday, giving no real value to the economy. Ofcourse, this argument is simplistic, because it discounts several people who are employed because of these purchases, and when houses are constructed.

But there comes a point when asset values are simply unaffordable for the common man. It is that point when economy doesn't generate enough value for regular people to be able to afford that property. In that case, those already holding the properties have a huge advantage over those who don't. 

That is the point when the 'rich talented guy' who provides employment opportunities through his business, still cannot create enough people who can afford to buy that property.

London is in that stage. That's why this conversation has struck a slight chord there.

I see. Good info.