Engineer applies for Team India head coach, claims to bring 'arrogant' Virat Kohli back on track

Kool_SRG

Kumble had mentioned in his exit statement that all was not well between him and Kohli, that is why he decided to move on.

New Delhi: Anil Kumble resigned from the position of Team India head coach just ahead of the limited-overs series against the West Indies and left the entire cricketing world in shock. 

There have been a lot of speculations about who will take up one of the most coveted coaching jobs in the world.

A lot of high profile names like - Virender Sehwag, Ravi Shastri, Mahela Jayawardene, Tom Moody, Zaheer Khan - have been in and out of contention to replace the legendary spinner.

Since the BCCI extended the deadline to submit applications for the post to July 9, an engineer from West Bengal, Upendra Nath Brahmachari has reportedly applied for the position of the head coach of Team India.

This person, who referred Kumble as a legendary player and a coach, promised to take out all the "arrogance" out of the allegedly "arrogant" India captain Virat Kohli in his email, reported by News18.com.

"I am an engineer and working with an MNC in the construction field and I don’t have the experiences required by BCCI. But still, I feel that I would be the right choice for the said post."

"After the resignation of the legendary cricketer Mr. Anil Kumble I decided to apply [for] the post of head coach of Indian cricket team (Men’s) as I feel that the captain of Team India, Mr. Virat Kohli doesn’t need a legend as the coach. If the CAC select any former cricketer (as per the requirement of BCCI’s advertisement) as the coach he will also be insulted by Virat the outcome will be like Anil," read his application.

He asked the BCCI to consider his application because he wants to bring Virat back on track and after the job is done, they can appoint any legendary coach they want.  

"Why I should be appointed as the head coach? Because I can adjust with the arrogant attitude of the captain & no legend can do so and slowly I will drag him to the right track & then BCCI can appoint a legend as the head coach," Upendra wrote.

"Hence it's my modest request, considering the above thinks [sic] please give me a chance to face the CAC and appoint me as the head coach of the Indian cricket team (Men's)," he concluded.

Kumble had mentioned in his exit statement that all was not well between him and Kohli, that is why he decided to move on.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kool_SRG

• lazybugger

• gilly

• Allrequal

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravi Shastri joins Virender Sehwag and Tom Moody in race for India's next coach

Ravi Shastri has decided to apply for the position of the Indian cricket team's next head coach.

Former captain and team director Ravi Shastri has thrown his hat in the ring as the BCCI looks for the next head coach of the Indian men's cricket team.

Shastri was team director from 2014 to 2016, up until the World T20. He soon made way for Anil Kumble, who was selected coach by the cricket advisory committee (CAC) in 2016. Shastri was also one of the applicants last year but he was overlooked despite a good run.

Kumble's one-year tenure came to a controversial end when he resigned following differences with skipper Virat Kohli. In a statement hours after tendering his resignation, Kumble said he was told by the Indian board that Kohli was not satisfied with his 'style of coaching'.

Even before the Champions Trophy had started this month, reports of a rift between Kumble and Kohli had emerged in the media. Earlier, on May 25, the BCCI had invited applications for the position of the head coach -five candidates had been finalised - Tom Moody, Virender Sehwag, Richard Pybus, Lalchand Rajput and Dodda Ganesh.

However, the BCCI invited fresh applications and the deadline was extended to July 9.

It was widely believed that Moody and Sehwag were the only credible candidates standing in the race but Shastri's entry could queer the pitch for the others.

Kohli, it is understood, wants Shastri to come back into the dressing room. The cricketer-turned-commentator enjoys a great rapport with the team and the players are eager to have him back on board.

" An engineer from West Bengal, Upendra Nath Brahmachari has reportedly applied for the position of the head coach of Team India.

This person, who referred Kumble as a legendary player and a coach, promised to take out all the "arrogance" out of the allegedly "arrogant" India captain Virat Kohli in his email, reported by News18.com."

Ee engineer applicant evado gaani manchi kasi candidate la unnadu...

Ravi Shastri ni malli line lo pettadaaniki chesina script la undi by Kohli damn

Hope CAC won't allow it happen , big no to ravi from my side...Any one else Lal chand Rajput or Moody better choice.

dont bring kufli Ravi, ee kohli gaadu, I nene lekapothe India crckt lednkunthunademo 

vedi G balupu anta digali, CAC wont allow Ravi to be a coach, ee pilla pu kohi gadu, next coach tho kuda godava pettkute ee pali adini team lo nunci teesi 10gali 

1 minute ago, Kontekurradu said:

dont bring kufli Ravi, ee kohli gaadu, I nene lekapothe India crckt lednkunthunademo 

vedi G balupu anta digali, CAC wont allow Ravi to be a coach, ee pilla pu kohi gadu, next coach tho kuda godava pettkute ee pali adini team lo nunci teesi 10gali 

@gr33d

Scripted la undi evadaina ok , except Ravi... CAC sukkalu chupinchaali ravi gaaniki...

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Ravi Shastri malli ochada, confirmed vaade Indian team coach then. 

CAC recommendation will be key here... Paata BCCI aite Ravi ki cake walk but now COA will also have its say.

30 minutes ago, Kontekurradu said:

40 minutes ago, Allrequal said:

Aa engineer gadiki pani mode aa ledankunta kufli gadu

+10  

prathi loudaaa gadu as if though kohili gadu motham chainattu chesthunaruuu

DADA kuda arrogant ae kada and he fought with greg chappell kadaaaa   India kadu kabatii     dada ki favor chaesaru na mattaaaa 

2 minutes ago, gilly said:

+10  

prathi loudaaa gadu as if though kohili gadu motham chainattu chesthunaruuu

DADA kuda arrogant ae kada and he fought with greg chappell kadaaaa   India kadu kabatii     dada ki favor chaesaru na mattaaaa 

kumble never had issues in his career...