The Palkhi Festival

JANASENA

fQYSUbVfts-T7odkrFJckdiFeHvab0GWOfzhj7tYdC0uglagsDNeZE8GzVjF8VLALbTJOuqYKu6DdYPaG-XaTbIQT_XmEyWtOdbitkKmzIe-6J9fRC53-6C0OOmZ3_r_xFxqfsx5IR3y--11qSJNKnk9KjdJWDFCP_dCzlpqqUjfWLc1RzS7_2I_tNetltDRWLz8WpG5dJo8BRBS6-BNrwRtkO3pmmk

The Palkhi Festival of India dates back 1,000 years. Religious devotees in Maharashtra, the state that is home to Mumbai, make a pilgrimage over 23 days. Your Shot photographer Mahesh Lonkar saw the festivities one night. "I saw beautiful yellow light from my balcony," he remembers. "Devotees [were] performing collective singing, chanting, [and] shopping around the temple with enthusiasm for their creator."

2 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

fQYSUbVfts-T7odkrFJckdiFeHvab0GWOfzhj7tYdC0uglagsDNeZE8GzVjF8VLALbTJOuqYKu6DdYPaG-XaTbIQT_XmEyWtOdbitkKmzIe-6J9fRC53-6C0OOmZ3_r_xFxqfsx5IR3y--11qSJNKnk9KjdJWDFCP_dCzlpqqUjfWLc1RzS7_2I_tNetltDRWLz8WpG5dJo8BRBS6-BNrwRtkO3pmmk

The Palkhi Festival of India dates back 1,000 years. Religious devotees in Maharashtra, the state that is home to Mumbai, make a pilgrimage over 23 days. Your Shot photographer Mahesh Lonkar saw the festivities one night. "I saw beautiful yellow light from my balcony," he remembers. "Devotees [were] performing collective singing, chanting, [and] shopping around the temple with enthusiasm for their creator."

FB post CITI_c$y