After 15 Minutes GST to be implemented . Crores and lakhs property owners Goosebumps

MagajathiAnimuthyam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• TampaChinnodu

• Idassamed

• boeing747

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

I didn't read the latest GST bill. My awareness is based on what I read from the first draft in the rbi,finance ministry site in 2014. and also GST in other countries, where I do business.

GST is just like VAT - a tax on value addition, and not on the entire product. It means, suppose a product goes through 10 middlemen. At every stage GST is charged.

suppose A buys a product worth 100rs, tax on it is 18% - total cost will be 118rs.

now someone buys the product from A, after A works on it, and prices the product at 300rs, tax on it is 18% - total cost 354rs.

the tax A should pay to the govt is 54rs right, but he gets an 18rs credit, because the guy he bought from already paid the 18rs.

so he only has to pay 36rs. He can pass on this saving to the customer, ofcourse, and charge the product a little less. Replicate this for the entire chain. The tax to be paid only on the value addition (how much value you add to product after you purchase it, whether it is by storing it, or by processing it, whatever).

---

This existed already as VAT in India, but was only applicable for intra state trade. Suppose you buy a product from TamilNadu, and you sell to Andhra, the Andhra dealer cannot claim that tax credit. There was something called CST for interstate trade, but that's another thing. Its not a VAT.

so GST fixes this, by eliminating CST, and basically all other taxes, and providing input tax credits to dealers all through India wherever they buy, and wherever they sell.

----------

This is the simplest way GST works. Its slightly more complicated than that. especially with interstate trade, which GST was supposed to solve. 

Good post 

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

I didn't read the latest GST bill. My awareness is based on what I read from the first draft in the rbi,finance ministry site in 2014. and also GST in other countries, where I do business.

GST is just like VAT - a tax on value addition, and not on the entire product. It means, suppose a product goes through 10 middlemen. At every stage GST is charged.

suppose A buys a product worth 100rs, tax on it is 18% - total cost will be 118rs.

now someone buys the product from A, after A works on it, and prices the product at 300rs, tax on it is 18% - total cost 354rs.

the tax A should pay to the govt is 54rs right, but he gets an 18rs credit, because the guy he bought from already paid the 18rs.

so he only has to pay 36rs. He can pass on this saving to the customer, ofcourse, and charge the product a little less. Replicate this for the entire chain. The tax to be paid only on the value addition (how much value you add to product after you purchase it, whether it is by storing it, or by processing it, whatever).

---

This existed already as VAT in India, but was only applicable for intra state trade. Suppose you buy a product from TamilNadu, and you sell to Andhra, the Andhra dealer cannot claim that tax credit. There was something called CST for interstate trade, but that's another thing. Its not a VAT.

so GST fixes this, by eliminating CST, and basically all other taxes, and providing input tax credits to dealers all through India wherever they buy, and wherever they sell.

----------

This is the simplest way GST works. Its slightly more complicated than that. especially with interstate trade, which GST was supposed to solve. 

nice explanation annai*=:

kakapothe ee GST valla state ki vache direct income now has to come thru central govt anukunta going fwd. this might create some issues with non aligning state govts with centre, have to see how it goes

15 minutes ago, boeing747 said:

nice explanation annai*=:

kakapothe ee GST valla state ki vache direct income now has to come thru central govt anukunta going fwd. this might create some issues with no aligning state govts with centre, have to see how it goes

The entire design is a mess man. GST is collected by the states, and then part of it sent to the center.

when there's interstate trade, then the GST is paid to the center (its called IGST), which can be claimed as input credit by the purchaser in the state. The claimed input credit will then be transferred to the state govt by the center.

This is by far the worst GST system in the world. needlessly complex.

But there's no question of political alignings in this. In fact, states can start refusing to hand over the GST share of center, or can delay the transfer. To avoid such a scenario only (because center doesn't trust states), have they introduced this bullshit called IGST.

11 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

The entire design is a mess man. GST is collected by the states, and then part of it sent to the center.

when there's interstate trade, then the GST is paid to the center (its called IGST), which can be claimed as input credit by the purchaser in the state. The claimed input credit will then be transferred to the state govt by the center.

This is by far the worst GST system in the world. needlessly complex.

But there's no question of political alignings in this. In fact, states can start refusing to hand over the GST share of center, or can delay the transfer. To avoid such a scenario only (because center doesn't trust states), have they introduced this bullshit called IGST.

so states collect chestaya GST?!? I heard something different like central govt will get all the GST amount and they distribute that to states based on the allocation ani..might be wrong what I heard

1 minute ago, boeing747 said:

so states collect chestaya GST?!? I heard something different like central govt will get all the GST amount and they distribute that to states based on the allocation ani..might be wrong what I heard

right now, majority of trade is within states.. in that case states collect it. both the central and state share.

since trade between states is predicted to increase after GST rollout, center will collect a decent amount of GST. 

But the input credit is not just about Center transfering to states, it'll happen the other way too.

simple man.. 

1. manufacture and sell within state. pay GST to state.

2. manufacture in one state and sell to another state.. pay GST to center.

3. but input credits from these activities will be credited to you. And the adjustment between state/center happens in the background. there's nothing political to it.

2 hours ago, sandie said:

Luxury goods paina tax ekkuva untundhi ani chadhiva

branded and car paina ekkuva pay cheyyali

Also heard almost double tax on homes, not sure if it is also on lands too.

ఆహార పదార్థాలు
ధర తగ్గేవి
1. పాల పొడి
2. పెరుగు
3. బట్టర్‌మిల్క్‌
4. అన్‌బ్రాండెడ్‌ తేనె
5. వెన్న
6. జున్ను
7. మసాలా దినుసులు
8. టీ కొన్ని రకాలు
9. గోధుమలు
10. బియ్యం
11. పిండి
12. బిస్కట్లు కొన్ని రకాలు
13. వేరుశెనగ నూనె
14. పామ్‌ ఆయిల్‌ 
15. సన్‌ ఫ్లవర్‌ ఆయిల్‌
16. కొబ్బరి నూనె
17. ఆవాల నూనె
18. చక్కెర
19. బెల్లం
20. చక్కెర మిఠాయి
21. పాస్తా
22. స్పగెట్టి
23. మాకరోని
24. నూడుల్స్‌
25. పళ్లు, కూరగాయలు
26. పచ్చళ్లు
27. మురబ్బా
28. చట్నీ
29. స్వీట్లు
30. కెచప్‌
31. సాస్‌లు
32. టాపింగ్స్‌ అండ్‌ స్ప్రెడ్స్‌
33. ఇన్‌స్టంట్‌ ఫుడ్‌ మిక్స్‌లు
34. మినరల్‌ వాటర్‌
35. ఐస్‌
36. బేకింగ్‌ పౌడర్‌
37. ఎండు ద్రాక్ష
38. జీడిపప్పు

నిత్యావసరాలు
1. సబ్బులు
2. కొబ్బరి నూనె
3. డిటర్జెంట్‌ పౌడర్‌
4. అగరబత్తులు
5. టిష్యూ పేపర్లు
6. నేప్కిన్లు
7. అగ్గిపెట్టెలు
8. కొవ్వొత్తులు
9. బొగ్గు
10. కిరోసిన్‌
11. గృహ ఎల్‌పీజీ
12. స్పూన్లు
13. ఫోర్క్‌లు
14. వంట గరిటెలు
15. స్కిమ్మర్స్‌
16. కేక్‌ సెర్వర్స్‌
17. ఫిష్‌ కత్తులు
18. పట్టకారు
19. టూత్‌పేస్ట్‌లు
20. టూత్‌ పౌడర్‌
21. కాటుక
22. ఎల్‌పీజీ స్టౌవ్‌
23. ప్లాస్టిక్‌ టార్పాలిన్స్‌

స్టేషనరీ
1. నోటు పుస్తకాలు
2. పెన్నులు
3. అన్ని రకాల కాగితాలు
4. గ్రాఫ్‌ పేపర్‌
5. స్కూల్‌ బ్యాగ్‌
6. ఎక్సర్‌సైజ్‌ బుక్‌ 
7. పిక్చర్, డ్రాయింగ్,కలరింగ్‌ బుక్స్‌
8. తోలు కాగితం
9. కార్బన్‌ పేపర్‌
10. ప్రింటర్లు

హెల్త్‌ కేర్‌
1. ఇన్సులిన్‌
2. వైద్య కోసం ఉపయోగించే ఎక్స్‌రే ఫిల్మ్‌
3. డయాగ్నోస్టిక్‌ కిట్లు
4. కళ్ల అద్దాలు
5. కేన్సర్, డయాబెటిక్‌ మందులు

దుస్తులు
1. సిల్క్‌
2. ఊలు దుస్తులు
3. ఖాదీ నూలు
4. గాంధీ టోపీ
5. రూ.500 కంటే తక్కువ ధర పాదరక్షలు
6. రూ.1,000 కంటే తక్కువ ధర దుస్తులు

ఇతరాలు
1. 15 హెచ్‌పీ దాటని విద్యుత్‌ డీజిల్‌ ఇంజన్లు 
2. ట్రాక్టర్‌ వెనుక టైర్లు, ట్యూబులు
3. వేయింగ్‌ మిషన్లు
4. యూపీఎస్‌లు
5. విద్యుత్‌ ట్రాన్స్‌ఫార్మర్లు
6. వైండింగ్‌ వైర్లు
7. హెల్మెట్లు
8. బాణసంచా
9. లూబ్రికెంట్స్‌
10. బైకులు
11. 100లోపు సినిమా టికెట్లు
12. గాలిపటాలు
13. లగ్జరీ కార్లు
14. మోటార్‌సైకిళ్లు
15. స్కూటర్లు
16. ఎకానమీ క్లాస్‌ ఎయిర్‌ టికెట్లు
17. రూ.7,500 కంటే తక్కువ టారీఫ్‌ కలిగిన హోటళ్లు
18. సిమెంట్‌
19. ఇటుకలు
20. ఎరువులు

పెరిగేవి
ఆహార పదార్థాలు
1. పన్నీర్‌
2. కార్న్‌ఫ్లేక్స్‌
3. కాఫీ
4. మసాలా పొడి
5. చాక్‌లెట్లు
6. నెయ్యి
7. బిస్కట్లు కొన్ని రకాలు
8. చూయింగ్‌ గమ్‌
9. ఐస్‌క్రీమ్‌
10. టీ కొన్ని రకాలు

ఎలక్ట్రానిక్స్
1. ఎయిర్‌ కండిషనర్లు
2. ఫ్రిడ్జ్‌లు
3. వాషింగ్‌ మెషీన్లు
4. టెలివిజన్‌లు
5. స్మార్ట్‌ ఫోన్లు
6. ల్యాప్‌టాప్‌లు
7. డెస్క్‌టాప్‌లు

ఇతరాలు
1. సుగంధ ద్రవ్యాలు
2. ఆయుర్వేదిక్, ఇతర ప్రత్యామ్నాయ ఔషధాలు
3. బంగారం
4. రూ.7,500 కంటే ఎక్కువ రూమ్‌ టారిఫ్‌ కలిగిన హోటళ్లు
5. ఫైన్‌–డైనింగ్‌ రెస్టారెంట్లు
6. ఫైవ్‌ స్టార్‌ హోటళ్ల లోపల ఉండే రెస్టారెంట్లు
7. రూ.100 కంటే ఎక్కువ ధర కలిగిన సినిమా టికెట్లు
8. కన్సర్ట్స్‌
9. ఐపీఎల్‌ మ్యాచ్‌లు
10. రూ.1,000 కంటే ఎక్కువ ధర కలిగిన దుస్తులు
11. షాంపులు
12. పెర్‌ఫ్యూమ్‌లు
13. ఏసీ, ఫస్ట్‌ క్లాస్‌ రైలు టికెట్లు
14. బిజినెస్‌ క్లాస్‌ విమాన టికెట్లు
15. కొరియర్‌ సర్వీసులు
16. మొబైల్‌ ఫోన్‌ చార్జీలు
17. బీమా ప్రీమియంలు
18. బ్యాంక్‌ చార్జీలు
19. బ్రాడ్‌బ్యాండ్‌ సర్వీసులు
20. క్రెడిట్‌ కార్డు బిల్లులు
21. 350 సీసీ కంటే ఎక్కువ ఇంజిన్‌ కలిగిన ద్విచక్ర వాహనాలు
22. చిన్న, మధ్యతరహా కార్లు
23. ఎస్‌యూవీలు
24. చేపల వేట వలలు
25. యోగా మ్యాట్‌లు
26. ఫిట్‌నెస్‌ పరికరాలు
27. ఎరేటెడ్‌ పానీయాలు
28. సిగరెట్లు
29. పొగాకు
30. ఆల్కహాలిక్‌ డ్రింక్‌లు
31. విలాస వస్తువులు 

1 minute ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Also heard almost double tax on homes, not sure if it is also on lands too.

House loans ki thakkuva interests ani emanna include chesaara? 

I read somewhere saying that andhariki own house unde la chesindhi ee govt ani.

3 minutes ago, sandie said:

House loans ki thakkuva interests ani emanna include chesaara? 

I read somewhere saying that andhariki own house unde la chesindhi ee govt ani.

emo bro. detailed gaa sadavale kotha rules.

2 hours ago, boeing747 said:

If this is correct , then Center might favor the states it likes in distributing the amount and ignore others where it thinks there is no chance of winning. Sounds kind of messy.

For now they only added few categories in 28% slab tax category. But this is not a good sign. In future if governments cant find funds because of corruption/mis spending etc they can just easily add more things/services to this 28% slab. 

Someone correct if i am assuming wrong.

25 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

If this is correct , then Center might favor the states it likes in distributing the amount and ignore others where it thinks there is no chance of winning. Sounds kind of messy.

Ala vundadu anukunta entha vachindo antha return evali anukunta