Are you close to your father ?

Pichekkistha

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

Don't listen to people who say you need to take care of parents no matter what they are, just because they brought you into this world. 

Not all parents deserve respect and love from their kids. I have seen great parents as well as worst parents.

Don't worry about what others say. They have no clue what a bad parenting can lead to. 

Looks like you have a story to share too...

26 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I don't like my father too. He gave me $5m to do whatever I want with it, and get out of his sight.

But I can never forgive him for the way he belittled my mom. He's no more. Sometimes I miss him.

Attana...papam..

2 minutes ago, Pichekkistha said:

Adhi kuda cheyyakunda Road meedha vadileyyaala uncle ? Moreover, it cannot compensate what my mother lost over 30 years ... I am talking about happiness & bonding... You are talking about position & luxury....  I don't expect anyone to understand this... unless they are in similar position.

what have you tried from your side to fix this?

2 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

of course he doesnt need to love his father.. but he should not hate him or bother about his behavior if he hasnt made any attempt from his side or hasnt got the balls to talk to his father and find out whats going on with him...

dude, its awkward to talk to parents (especially father). I say, just let the father live out his life in peace, and he help his mother get away from his father, and let her live her life in peace.

There's nothing going on with the father. Men are like that. They think their job ends with providing for the family. His father is satisfied and happy that his son is doing well. Let him enjoy it no. talking to him, will only make him unhappy. 

He's too old to change.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

dude, do you really think people look up to their fathers? Not unless their fathers were achievers, or visibly toiled for keeping them safe and secure.

since kids do not know what fathers undergo, pretty much everyone who says that they look up to their father is lying.

Well... i've been hearing a lot of this and eventually believed its true

28 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I don't like my father too. He gave me $5m to do whatever I want with it, and get out of his sight.

But I can never forgive him for the way he belittled my mom. He's no more. Sometimes I miss him.

story allinava ? nijama @lazybugger uncle? 

$5M ichinaaka inka lolli endi.. roju racha cheskoka?

1 minute ago, Pichekkistha said:

I never looked upto my father... don't remember a single moment of it....

"they can neither change father nor console mother..  " This is true... and in similar position. #$1

But, mee father meeru ee stage lo vundaniki one of the reasons (as u said financially is one).

I understand and sry about your situation... but you should be strong and talk to you mom as often as possible. Also, try to talk with dad as if nothing is wrong between you two !! 

And one more thing, koncham harsh truth -- entha mom and dad iyna .. they are two separate persons and valla madhya jarigevi(mentally, emotionally, physically or relatives relations, self respect issues, egos) pillalaki 70 percent kooda theliyavu so instead of thinking about why father behaves like this, you try to talk or be happy with both of them and try to talk as little as possible about past with mom / dad ..  I hope you feel happy some day. 

48 minutes ago, Pichekkistha said:

I was never close to my father.... and i don't want to be either....... This post might be to find if i am alone and if not, may be it consoles me.

In fact he is not close to neither my mother nor my brother. But i always find him talking / laughing a lot with relatives / friends . I don't understand what he is is trying to achieve. My mother..she can't utter a word / give suggestion or complain on anything at all. Its been close to 30 yrs. I feel $orry  for her.

I don't remember an instance that we were together... went to a restaurant, a movie, a trip, a ride nor a fun chat either. All he spoke to me was to either warn me or yell at me. I used to get out when he comes home for lunch. Never felt like sharing anything. Even under a low phase of life, he didn't support (except financially). I sponsored US visa for them 3 yrs back and been asking to visit because my mother wants to come. he doesn't visit and doesn't let even my mother visit.

I am not even sure if i like him...Generally, i am a happy & contended person. Don't have complains on anyone in life except him. He is over 55 now. I don't even know if i will be able to take care of him by myself when he grows older.

40 minutes ago, vendetta said:

kasta nenu connect ayyanu nee story ki 

even my dad doesn't want to visit usa till I get settled , inka evari mida depend avvaru avvaniyaru mamalni gani and bro n mom ni gani, everything has to come from his pockets and porapatuna kuda gifts money em tiskoru .My parents doesn't want to depend on children in old age and they made retirement plans very well .Kontamandi parents ante man  ,but bhayam dad vastunnaru ante tv off cheskuni chaduvkodam lanti acting chesetollam

but baga tippevaru movies , restaurant , places trips baga tiskelievaru . Kurchopetti matladevaru , evening walks ki tiskelli matladevaru ,dairyam cheppevaru , peddaga ayyaka  he became freind of mine

US vaste phone talks chala formalga untay ela unnaru , health Bagunda inte, busy untaru  work toh so ekuva matladdam kudardu, amma toh ekuva phone conversations

I love my dad so much, he is my hero

you both seems amma kongu chatu pillalu 

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

dude, its awkward to talk to parents (especially father). I say, just let the father live out his life in peace, and he help his mother get away from his father, and let her live her life in peace.

There's nothing going on with the father. Men are like that. They think their job ends with providing for the family. His father is satisfied and happy that his son is doing well. Let him enjoy it no. talking to him, will only make him unhappy. 

He's too old to change.

+1000 ....... Couldn't agree more.

Just now, lazybugger said:

He's too old to change.

I dont think TS's mother ever felt she is ill-treated or asked TS to rescue her.... its TSs pure misunderstanding about his father-mother relationship...