nowhere to run, nowhere to hide for lazy.

lazybugger

I just logged on to an IRC server and into a particular channel that I used to frequent 20yrs ago, when I was in middle school.

I didn't bother creating a nick, and the client took my computer's user name (which is my name) as the nick. 

Obviously I didn't recognize a single nick, but the place was quite active. Not as active as it was, when I was there. but that was the 90s, and internet was niche.

So I decided to join in the conversation, by typing something as random as - How to respond to gossip.

and voila!!!

one girl identified me as 'that guy' - who was pimping Kuerten long before he won Roland Garros, and a bunch of nicks joined the chorus in identifying me.

WTF!!! I didn't know what to do, and I denied that I'm 'that guy' @3$%

and weaseled my way out of that channel.

btw, the girl who identified my nick used to be my crush those days, and its slightly flattering that she remembered me after all these years.

Although I did not want to know how she's doing.

I even felt a slight bit of guilt about how she was reminescing about good days of the past.

I should have atleast pm'ed her. 

6 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

btw, the girl who identified my nick used to be my crush those days, and its slightly flattering that she remembered me after all these years.

Although I did not want to know how she's doing.

I even felt a slight bit of guilt about how she was reminescing about good days of the past.

I should have atleast pm'ed her. 

You snooze you lose

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

You snooze you lose

I actually picked to date a 50yr bedridden lady to date, over this girl. I was hardly 14yrs then.

But she still remembers me as the sweetest guy she knew. lol.

I don't think I want to reconnect with the kind of person I was then. I was an A1 asshole. fresh off reading Ayn Rand, and thinking that I'll be whole world's ruler.

13 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I actually picked to date a 50yr bedridden lady to date, over this girl. I was hardly 14yrs then.

But she still remembers me as the sweetest guy she knew. lol.

I don't think I want to reconnect with the kind of person I was then. I was an A1 asshole. fresh off reading Ayn Rand, and thinking that I'll be whole world's ruler.

so are you still the same ? A1?

2 minutes ago, ranku_mogudu said:

so are you still the same ? A1?

nah. If I was A1, I wouldn't be this polite here.

I can pretty much say that I'm one the nicest guys in this db. I find majority of you as completely pathetic. Not the kind I'd want to deal with.

42 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

nah. If I was A1, I wouldn't be this polite here.

I can pretty much say that I'm one the nicest guys in this db. I find majority of you as completely pathetic. Not the kind I'd want to deal with.

it was just a question and not sure why you have associated with the majority! which implies your bubble as one of the nicest guy%$#$

1 minute ago, ranku_mogudu said:

it was just a question and not sure why you have associated with the majority! which implies your bubble as one of the nicest guy%$#$

I was showing off, obviously.

There's no bubble. I'm one of the white spots in the blackboard that is this db.

Its obvious from how everyone reacts to me, including ones with 100k+ posts.