Is GST a good thing or bad thing?

lazybugger

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

dude, its badly designed.

18% that congress proposed is unworkable, if central gets half of it.

28% is too high for a growing economy like India. Check which other countries have this rates.

don't say slabs. all countries have slabs, talk about the highest rate.

again..... learn completely what the gst bill is and then put forward the negatives...your only objective is to peddle your propaganda 

how many countries have 5 slabs? what goods goes into 28% slab? how many countries have exempted petrol,alcohol so that states don't lose out on their major revenue?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• batman

• Android_Halwa

• Peddayana

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Only welfare states have this high indirect taxes.

Is India gearing up to be a welfare state, or are they going to use this money to initiate more transfers from the poor to the rich, by building useless infra like metro, airport, etc?

i am answering this assuming you have no idea apt gst

how will states lose out when alcohol, petrol/diesel/eletricity are exempt from gst? these are their major revenue sources which they can live as per their wish

how is it transfer of poor to rich when most consumable goods consumed by poor the tax has been decreased under new gst...only luxury items used by rich are in 28 % slab?

common bring out more steam from your propaganda machine....

8 minutes ago, batman said:

again..... learn completely what the gst bill is and then put forward the negatives...your only objective is to peddle your propaganda 

how many countries have 5 slabs? what goods goes into 28% slab? how many countries have exempted petrol,alcohol so that states don't lose out on their major revenue?

you are arguing two contradictory points.

1. about how gst rate isn't that high.

2. no loss of revenue, because the truly highly taxed commodities are exempt. No mention of how it would affect the supply chain. haha..

you also don't know how gst operates in other countries. Or fail to acknowledge how unique India is, given the difference between the states. The comparison can only be done with EU, and in EU, the countries get to keep the entire tax minus input credit. EU doesn't get half of GST.

----

I know you feel intelligent whenever you spar with me. but I'm tired of your bullshit. you have nothing of value to add to a conversation. just buzz off.

3 minutes ago, batman said:

how will states lose out when alcohol, petrol/diesel/eletricity are exempt from gst? these are their major revenue sources which they can live as per their wish

how is it transfer of poor to rich when most consumable goods consumed by poor the tax has been decreased under new gst...only luxury items used by rich are in 28 % slab?

you are too dumb to understand. petrol/alcohol etc are only temporarily exempt from GST. It can't be a permanent thing dumbo. It makes no sense to have GST and not apply it to certain commodities.

my entire objection to GST is based on the high share center takes. First understand what I'm saying before mouthing off bullshit.

It'll be perfectly fine to have GST of 12-15%, and have state take 2/3rds of the rate.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

you are arguing two contradictory points.

1. about how gst rate isn't that high.

2. no loss of revenue, because the truly highly taxed commodities are exempt. No mention of how it would affect the supply chain. haha..

you also don't know how gst operates in other countries. Or fail to acknowledge how unique India is, given the difference between the states. The comparison can only be done with EU, and in EU, the countries get to keep the entire tax minus input credit. EU doesn't get half of GST.

----

I know you feel intelligent whenever you spar with me. but I'm tired of your bullshit. you have nothing of value to add to a conversation. just buzz off.

i am sure thats exactly how you feel. but i will continue to burst your bullshit propoganda and can't help if it is giving you so much pain+-

you talk abut contradictions and then say taxes collected are high (arguing for the rich who pay that 28% tax slab), saying its transfer of money from poor to rich and then say india turning into welfare state

12 minutes ago, batman said:

how much are 'luxury' items taxed in China? in Brazil? isn't India competing with them, or they competing with Sweden?

bullshitter. use google before you spout off bullshit.

2 minutes ago, batman said:

i am sure thats exactly how you feel. but i will continue to burst your bullshit propoganda and can't help if it is giving you so much pain+-

you talk abut contradictions and then say taxes collected are high (arguing for the rich who pay that 28% tax slab), saying its transfer of money from poor to rich and then say india turning into welfare state

You don't even understand my argument.

Rich should be taxed high, but better to tax their incomes.

No country in the world uses indirect taxes to address inequality. except, based on low IQ bhakts like you, India now.

4 minutes ago, batman said:

When I'm saying that both 18% and 28% rates are wrong, and for different reasons, you keep talking about some slabs, as if I don't understand them.

the wrong thing is, center gets half the cut. understand? which is why, BJP took the 28% slab, and why Congress couldn't pass the 18% top rate (because it is infeasible).

stick to point. don't use pointers from your shakas. They are useless.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

you are too dumb to understand. petrol/alcohol etc are only temporarily exempt from GST. It can't be a permanent thing dumbo. It makes no sense to have GST and not apply it to certain commodities.

my entire objection to GST is based on the high share center takes. First understand what I'm saying before mouthing off bullshit.

It'll be perfectly fine to have GST of 12-15%, and have state take 2/3rds of the rate.

moron for a while atlas stop talking like you usually do....from your arse....talk apt current even if temporary ....petrol/alcohol states free to tax and any revenue loss through sales tax would be compensated. how are states going to lose ? talk abut now ? answer if you have balls....

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

When I'm saying that both 18% and 28% rates are wrong, and for different reasons, you keep talking about some slabs, as if I don't understand them.

the wrong thing is, center gets half the cut. understand? which is why, BJP took the 28% slab, and why Congress couldn't pass the 18% top rate (because it is infeasible).

stick to point. don't use pointers from your shakas. They are useless.

this is precisely how ppl talk who get their little knowledge from JNu libraries 

12 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

how much are 'luxury' items taxed in China? in Brazil? isn't India competing with them, or they competing with Sweden?

bullshitter. use google before you spout off bullshit.

aha don't you worry abt competing with the world.....due to GST, transportation time from manufacturing units to ports for exports will now be 1/3rd now which will enable india to speedup the delivery time which will make their goods more competitive in global market

this according to me is the best thing abt GST and atlas for this reason alone GST is gr8

maybe this point you missed in your book from JNU library 

17 minutes ago, batman said:

aha don't you worry abt competing with the world.....due to GST, transportation time from manufacturing units to ports for exports will now be 1/3rd now which will enable india to speedup the delivery time which will make their goods more competitive in global market

this according to me is the best thing abt GST and atlas for this reason alone GST is gr8

maybe this point you missed in your book from JNU library 

How is this 'speedup' going to happen? Last I checked its Turn around time at ports that are the cause of delays in major ports in India.

and it has nothing to do with GST.

CITI_c$y

batman is competing with Halwa for brainless moron of the year award in this db.

right now batman is in the lead, but I'm sure Halwa will bounce back in this thread, with some more inane observations on TN, to take the front place.

44 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

batman is competing with Halwa for brainless moron of the year award in this db.

right now batman is in the lead, but I'm sure Halwa will bounce back in this thread, with some more inane observations on TN, to take the front place.

i guess it happens to every1 who shows a mirror to a moron like you....

5 minutes ago, batman said:

i guess it happens to every1 who shows a mirror to a moron like you....

No I base it on who leaves discussions midway, and claims victory without addressing the issue raised.

you two fit the bill.