Is GST a good thing or bad thing?

lazybugger

49 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

How is this 'speedup' going to happen? Last I checked its Turn around time at ports that are the cause of delays in major ports in India.

and it has nothing to do with GST.

CITI_c$y

ya earlier there were no stoppages at state borders right??? only the ports were causing delay...orey orey nee thelivi @3$%

brainless moron you might have checked last time in  JNU built website

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• batman

• Android_Halwa

• Peddayana

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, batman said:

ya earlier there were no stoppages at state borders right??? only the ports were causing delay...orey orey nee thelivi @3$%

brainless moron you might have checked last time in  JNU built website

how long are the stoppages at state borders? matter of hours..

and how long are port congestion based delays? matter of days...

and magically India becomes a part of JIT supply chain because of GST? lol.

batman,

you still did not address my point. my central point.

about why centre needs 50% of the GST bounty. that is my problem with the GST. my biggest problem. another problem is the inability of states to fix their own rates, given how unequal Indian states are.

It'd still be one market if states fix their own GST rates. It'd just take the power away from central govt. which is ideal.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

how long are the stoppages at state borders? matter of hours..

and how long are port congestion based delays? matter of days...

and magically India becomes a part of JIT supply chain because of GST? lol.

yendhi??? matter of hrs aa?? ya paying octroi is a matter of hrs.....

sometime back you said you had business in india....ee knowledge tho nuvvu business chesava ra@3$%

antha fake anamata+-

GST is just an indirect tax.

only Indians will claim that an indirect tax, that too, as high as 28% is going to kickstart the economy.

1 minute ago, batman said:

sometime back you said you had business in india....ee knowledge tho nuvvu business chesava ra@3$%

antha fake anamata+-

how many states have octroi tax?

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

batman,

about why centre needs 50% of the GST bounty. that is my problem with the GST. my biggest problem. another problem is the inability of states to fix their own rates, given how unequal Indian states are.

It'd still be one market if states fix their own GST rates. It'd just take the power away from central govt. which is ideal.

why is it a problem to you as long as the TN state will get compensated. gst is a destination tax so center will collect that bounty of 50% mostly from consumption heavy states like bengal,UP and compensate to manufacturing states like TN ? i don't see any problem for TN and only see your bullshit propaganda

3 minutes ago, batman said:

antha fake anamata+-

lol. I didn't say I had a business. I said I wanted to, and left the idea, after investing in it.

tell how many states levy octroi tax pls. let me see if you know.

majority of states.. actually almost all of them, don't.

4 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

batman,

states antha beg for funds from central no? If they do not get taxes , how can they fund central projects? 

If Central gov does not get any money , rich states may get richer and poor states may get poorer kada?

why is it a problem to you as long as the TN state will get compensated. gst is a destination tax so center will collect that bounty of 50% mostly from consumption heavy states like bengal,UP and compensate to manufacturing states like TN ? i don't see any problem for TN and only see your bullshit propaganda

It increases the rates. how dumb are you?

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

how many states have octroi tax?

orey states don't collect octroi ra ....cities do....the local municipality collects that. most port cities do, since you are talking about ports now. find out how much time is wasted at mumbai coz of octroi and how much corruption bmc does in that

arey neeku  knowledge lekapothe velli chadivi nerchuko ra ikkada propoganda peddle chese badulu....

1 minute ago, Peddayana said:

states antha beg for funds from central no? If they do not get taxes , how can they fund central projects? 

If Central gov does not get any money , rich states may get richer and poor states may get poorer kada?

lol. states and center had this agreement that direct taxes will taxed by the center, and indirect taxes by the state. That's the basis of taxation in the structure of India.

GST demolishes it.

States are not begging, they are being given a share of the direct taxes collected, based on some formula center has.

If central govt doesn't get money, states can keep it, and plan their expenses better. simple.

Just now, batman said:

orey states don't collect octroi ra ....cities do....the local municipality collects that. most port cities do, since you are talking about ports now. find out how much time is wasted at mumbai coz of octroi and how much corruption bmc does in that

arey neeku  knowledge lekapothe velli chadivi nerchuko ra ikkada propoganda peddle chese badulu....

orey.. so mumbai is the whole of India na? stupid laaga argue chesthav.

malli hero laaga feeling.

which other 'cities' collect octroi. tell me dumbo. 

most port cities do aa? chennai doesn't collect it. and it is the second largest container terminal in India.