United Airlines screwed up again.

siru

A mother claims she was mistreated by United Airlines after she was forced to fly with her 25-pound son on her lap for three hours. Shirley Yamauchi had bought the 2-year-old his own seat costing nearly $1,000.

United blames a mistake at check-in that caused it to give the boy's seat to a man on standby. His mother said the airline's mistake caused her to worry about not only her son's safety, but also her own, reports CBS News correspondent Kris Van Cleave. 

"I was concerned for his safety," Yamauchi said. "I had to attempt to put his seatbelt over him for the two of us, and it was very difficult. … He's so big, I couldn't put down the folding table. I put the drinks on my armrest. I knocked down the drinks with my elbow." 

Yamauchi and her son Taizo were waiting to take off on a Houston-to-Boston flight at the end of a marathon day of traveling that started in Hawaii when a man who had been on stand-by said her son was in his seat -- the same seat her son had a ticket for. Yamauchi said she complained to the flight attendant.

"She gave me a short answer saying that the flight was full and she shrugged and she walked away," Yamauchi said. 

Yamauchi considered protesting further but said she was afraid of retaliation after Dr. David Dao was forcibly removed from an overbooked United flight when he refused to give up his seat.

UA Response

“On a recent flight from Houston to Boston, we inaccurately scanned the boarding pass of Ms. Yamauchi's son. As a result, her son's seat appeared to be not checked in and staff released his seat to another customer and Ms. Yamauchi held her son for the flight. We deeply apologize to Ms. Yamauchi and her son for this experience. We are refunding her son's ticket and providing a travel voucher. We are also working with our gate staff to prevent this from happening again.”

8 minutes ago, siru said:

UA Response

“On a recent flight from Houston to Boston, we inaccurately scanned the boarding pass of Ms. Yamauchi's son. As a result, her son's seat appeared to be not checked in and staff released his seat to another customer and Ms. Yamauchi held her son for the flight. We deeply apologize to Ms. Yamauchi and her son for this experience. We are refunding her son's ticket and providing a travel voucher. We are also working with our gate staff to prevent this from happening again.”

how in the hell can a machine inaccurately scans ? f u UNITED

17 minutes ago, stockdazzler said:

how in the hell can a machine inaccurately scans ? f u UNITED

ya somehow the machine sensed its a child and suddenly didnt scan it..while totally unrelated to this issue, some guy pays extra 75$ to be on wait list and he got a seat.

Themachine worked again..its a miracle lol

9 minutes ago, siru said:

ya somehow the machine sensed its a child and suddenly didnt scan it..while totally unrelated to this issue, some guy pays extra 75$ to be on wait list and he got a seat.

@3$%

11 minutes ago, siru said:

braces_1

8 minutes ago, kittaya said:

ban chesinattena ika....

repati nunchi thakkuva prices chudachaa ???

Mana nizam entante..repu kayak.com lo 1st cheapest flight UNITED undi anuko..ade konukuntam..ade Spirit undi anuko..ade prefer chesthamm

Anthe kaani evaro infant ki seat ivvaledanta aa airlines manam ekkakudadu ane thinking manaki ee jeevitham lo raadu..

3 minutes ago, ronitreddy said:

Mana nizam entante..repu kayak.com lo 1st cheapest flight UNITED undi anuko..ade konukuntam..ade Spirit undi anuko..ade prefer chestha,..

Anthe kaani evaro infant ki seat ivvaledanta aa airlines ani manam ekkakudadu ane thinking manaki ee jeevitham lo raadu..

Evariki raadhu reddy... world wide financial insecurity perigipoyindhi.... kakkrutthi vishayam lo naa ranking

1. Hispanic

2. Black

3. Indian (in spite of having enough money)

4. Thella

Just now, Feelingbad said:

Evariki raadhu reddy... world wide financial insecurity perigipoyindhi.... kakkrutthi vishayam lo naa ranking

1. Hispanic

2. Black

3. Indian (in spite of having enough money)

4. Thella

Kottesam kada 

13 minutes ago, ronitreddy said:

Mana nizam entante..repu kayak.com lo 1st cheapest flight UNITED undi anuko..ade konukuntam..ade Spirit undi anuko..ade prefer chesthamm

Anthe kaani evaro infant ki seat ivvaledanta aa airlines manam ekkakudadu ane thinking manaki ee jeevitham lo raadu..

anthe antav.....

1 minute ago, kittaya said:

anthe antav.....

Nen anna annakapoina evarki nastam ledu kada man..Na opinion cheppina anthe..Nijam andariki telsu kada man

31 minutes ago, siru said:

PK-1_1.gif