• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• Srimantudu

• Hitman

• ronitreddy

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Hitman said:

you cant claim.. its just that you are getting started with eligibility and you can see estimate.. you only claim once you reach the age mentioned and GC/Citizen.

Correct, usually 62 or 67 years

23 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

Eligibility criteria meet aina kuda to avail benefits usa lo undali 

Not true you can claim them no matter where you live, don't have to live in the US

19 minutes ago, chicchara said:

10 yrs h1 aitey eligible..

opt time lo ssn and medicare kattam kadha.. so avi credits ki count avvavu

u worked 10 yrs on h1..tht is astonishing

Kathar tatha ante emankunnav mari

15 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Eee treaty lo India ledu ani ekkado chadiva. Something like bilateral agreement edo undali anta. Daaniki India, USA ki deal work out avvaledu ani annaru kada. Chala days back idi chadiva nenu. 

That's only true if you are trying to claim the taxes you paid here via the country of citizenship you have if you haven't accumulated 40 credits. 

Once you have accumulated 40 credits(typically 10 years of taxes being paid) you will be able to claim them no matter what nationality you belong to or where you live at the age of 62(early opt out) or 67 whatever you choose. 

3 minutes ago, Piracy Raja said:

H1 meda oka 10 yrs undi india velipote emina vastaya manaki?

It means Indians who are not citizens, not green card holders and not living in US after completion of 40 quarters will get social security pension paid in India after they reach age 66. The catch is; tax withholding for such persons on that pension will be high for the small social security pension amount.

Can someone who worked on an H1B for 10 years and contributed to social security taxes will get social security benefits after retirement even though he/she doesn't get a Green Card or citizenship?

No, you do not need to be a US citizen for a certain country list; India is in that list where you will get Social Security pension paid in India. It means Indians who are not citizens, not green card holders and not living in US after completion of 40 quarters will get social security pension paid in India after they reach age 66. The catch is; tax withholding for such persons on that pension will be high for the small social security pension amount. No worries; refund will be paid once you file your US tax return from India.

13 minutes ago, telugu_bidda said:

how to check our credits ...account create chesukovala ? 

Yes I created mine on ssa.gov I believe, and they sent me a letter detailing all the benefits and what I am going to get if I retire at 62 vs 67 years of age

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Yes I created mine on ssa.gov I believe, and they sent me a letter detailing all the benefits and what I am going to get if I retire at 62 vs 67 years of age

Enni paisalu coming vuncle? :P

17 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Correct. retirement age lo india lo unna.. you will get SSN money deposited into your account. that is very big benefit..

Not a great amount of money to be honest, keeping in mind the inflation rates in India.