I94 and i797 question

ilovemyself

4 hours ago, ilakatamaflia said:

I-797A-sample.png

Exactly na argument kuda Adhe. I 797 lo I 94, dec2017 varaku undhi, so not out of status kadha ani chepthunna..

2 minutes ago, ilovemyself said:

Exactly na argument kuda Adhe. I 797 lo I 94, dec2017 varaku undhi, so not out of status kadha ani chepthunna..

Than I think you are not out of status, let's wait for experts opinion.

I was also confused same as you but roommate explained me that I94 on I797 is valid.

3 hours ago, Mitron said:

I797 vachina taruvata out of country velli vaste new i94 online lo vastadi.

Then that's the valid i94. I797 lo i94 invalid.

If you haven't traveled out of US after getting new 🆕i797 then i94 attached to i797 is valid one.

I hope you understand.

@ilovemyself nee situation check chesko

I have entered usa with my current i797 (valid until dec2017) but my old passport has validity until apr2017, so he gave online i94 until apr2017. Recently I got my new passport, can I go to cbp now and update my online i94.

2 hours ago, sattipandu said:

looks like u have travelled outside the country after recieiving the latest h1b ext and when u came  back the i-94 was issued only till 1st april , its the CBP mistake that they didnot give you an I-94 that should have been valid till 31st Dec

in such case , ur out of status now, try calling ur local CBP office and explaining to them, in some cases they do rectify and issue a new I-94 end date.

CBP sometimes does rectify  this if you went just out of status but seeing it as u are out of status for 3 months , u may have to exit the country ASAP and enter again, only then a new I-94 will be issued at re-entry lasting till 31st Dec

ur lawyer is right , the last issued document is valid, i'm assuming in ur case the I-94 issued at airport customs is valid and ur out of status.

i know 3 frnds who had something similar happen to them, all of them had I-797's that were still valid  for another 3 months so they exited the country and re-entered.

only problem is if you dont have visa stamping you may have to get that done.

Your lawyer can provide documentation as to the misunderstanding in this case if visa officer needs any clarification on this.

No. CBP entered april2017 in i94 because my old passport has validity until apr2017.  

I have entered usa with my current i797 (valid until dec2017) but my old passport has validity until apr2017, so he gave online i94 until apr2017. Recently I got my new passport. I will go to CBP and rectify the i94 online.

2 hours ago, ilovemyself said:

I have entered usa with my current i797 (valid until dec2017) but my old passport has validity until apr2017, so he gave online i94 until apr2017. Recently I got my new passport, can I go to cbp now and update my online i94.

You can try with DIS (Deferred inspection site) search for your local DIS and go in person.

Before check with your attorney. what he says.

You are out of status. as you travelled out of us after getting approval and you got new i94 while entering us and your i94  came with i797 is invalid.

Your attorney is correct. You are out of status.

Ask your attorney how to rectify this. To my knowledge, you will have to go to home country to get new I-94 in this case but check with attorney.