DB grammar classes

NinduChandurudu

4 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

If you have a plural noun, you should replace "its" with "their"

both is plural

animate/inanimate doesn't matter 

oho..right...i thought that u were referring to the line where i used " any sentence that stands on its own "....i also used sentences in the next few lines where i should have used their instead of its.*=:

One thing most commonly noticed that's grammatically incorrect among English speakers of Indian origin is using "Carrier"(something that you put your lunch in) instead of "career"(your profession). 

Also one more thing I noticed quite commonly is referring to a "come on", as in "come on don't be such a douche" as "common"(which means regularly seen)

Another thing I have noticed, and this is also very exclusive to English speakers of Indian origin is to refer to something where you are trying to use the word "only" in a sentence. 

For example consider this sentence: 

"I am certain I was present at that location at the specified time"

A lot of Indian English speakers say it this way: 

"I was there only at the specified time". 

The "only" there is added to signify the narrator's certainty about being present at the specified location and to emphasize his presence there. However it's an incorrect way to use "only" in this context. My presumption as to why it's used this way happens to because a lot of Indian languages use a vowel sound to indicate this, for example: 

"Nenu akkade vunna" gets literally translated to "I was there only"(incorrect). Correct way would be to say "I am certain I was there". 

Next time, notice this among Indian speakers of English it's quite common.  

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Another thing I have noticed, and this is also very exclusive to English speakers of Indian origin is to refer to something where you are trying to use the word "only" in a sentence. 

The "only" there is added to signify the narrator's certainty about being present at the specified location and to emphasize his presence there. However it's an incorrect way to use "only" in this context. My presumption as to why it's used this way happens to because a lot of Indian languages use a vowel sound to indicate this, for example: 

"Nenu akkade vunna" gets literally translated to "I was there only"(incorrect). Correct way would be to say "I am certain I was there". 

Yes

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

aa indian english ki dandam ra nayana

postpone ki prepone gallery_24383_15_128369.gif

2 minutes ago, dakumangalsingh said:

DB grammar classes ante

LTT,

modable

pm pls lanti keywords explanation anukunna

nenu gmat ki chaduvtunna...bore kotta kunda db lo rasa ..so that i would remember them better anthe @3$%

3 minutes ago, NinduChandurudu said:

nenu gmat ki chaduvtunna...bore kotta kunda db lo rasa ..so that i would remember them better anthe @3$%

GMAT lo emuntundi?

6 minutes ago, dakumangalsingh said:

aa indian english ki dandam ra nayana

postpone ki prepone gallery_24383_15_128369.gif

It's actually instead of using "advance". 

I had an Indian colleague of mine send an email once to the entire team informing them of a meeting being "pre-poned", he should have said "advanced" or maybe even "rescheduled". 

Since it's a very commonly used term among Indian users of English, he assumed people would understand it. But what he failed to realize was that the American counterparts at work might not be even aware of such a term. Safe to say they were confused about what he meant till they "got it". 

However, I have noticed that this term has been included in the Oxford dictionary in the past few years primarily because it's become such a commonly used term in Indian English, so it's not incorrect to use that term anymore although I would suggest against using it esp when you work and live outside India. 

Also it always amazed me as to what we call "being on time" meant if pre-pone = advance, and postpone = delay. Guess we have to start calling it poned@3$%

For example: He's on time might be called he's pone as per that logic. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

It's actually instead of using "advance". 

I had an Indian colleague of mine send an email once to the entire team informing them of a meeting being "pre-poned", he should have said "advanced" or maybe even "rescheduled". 

Since it's a very commonly used term among Indian users of English, he assumed people would understand it. But what he failed to realize was that the American counterparts at work might not be even aware of such a term. Safe to say they were confused about what he meant till they "got it". 

However, I have noticed that this term has been included in the Oxford dictionary in the past few years primarily because it's become such a commonly used term in Indian English, so it's not incorrect to use that term anymore although I would suggest against using it esp when you work and live outside India. 

Also it always amazed me as to what we call "being on time" meant if pre-pone = advance, and postpone = delay. Guess we have to start call it poned@3$%

thats wat I meant to say, ala prefix lu vunte add chesi dobbinru manollu

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

GMAT lo emuntundi?

verbal lo grammar, reading comprehension and critical reasoning

and quant same as gre

+ Essays, Integrated reasoning ( not weighted in the score)