How I weaned myself off Ayn Rand.

lazybugger

4 hours ago, WHAT said:

Fountainhead ninna ne konna ... chaduvudam ani.... nee post chuste  start cheyalo vaddo ardam katle...

read, man. form your own opinion. Just don't stop with Ayn Rand. anthey.

she pretends like she has figured out the world, more than any other author I've read.

But the characters she creates in her world are not complex, not resembling real life. The heroes though are inspiring in some aspects. Especially the guy in Fountain Head, except some of the horrible things he does that borders on misogyny in the modern world.

I'm too tired to write anything coherent now. but I won't discourage anyone from reading anything. you may end up liking it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• tennisluvr

• kreole

• Mitron

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kreole said:

I reread it again 10yrs ago, because I wanted to pick flaws in it

Nee brathukantha inthey lazybugger.. Finally u ll become old and die as a flawed human.

how do people write stupid sh1t consistently here?

nuvvu perfect human aa? ayyintey nannu eppudo ignore lo pettintaav. also ee db ki raaney raavu.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

read, man. form your own opinion. Just don't stop with Ayn Rand. anthey.

she pretends like she has figured out the world, more than any other author I've read.

But the characters she creates in her world are not complex, not resembling real life. The heroes though are inspiring in some aspects. Especially the guy in Fountain Head, except some of the horrible things he does that borders on misogyny in the modern world.

I'm too tired to write anything coherent now. but I won't discourage anyone from reading anything. you may end up liking it.

I started reading Atlas Shrugged and slept midway through after reading 50-60 pages. I usually don't fall asleep while reading something so I promptly gave the book back to the library.

Just now, lazybugger said:

how do people write stupid sh1t consistently here?

nuvvu perfect human aa? ayyintey nannu eppudo ignore lo pettintaav. also ee db ki raaney raavu.

Well said. 

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Never read anything written by Ayn Rand. I however find Albert Camus's writing and thought process much more fluid than most others I have read from around the same time. 

Not sure if I should read Rand at all. 

Okay. I'll read this Camus guy some day, and tell you what I thought about it.

You should read Rand, if you like black and white characters with no layers. agendas that are 100% transparent.

The only book she wrote where the story overwhelmed her pathetic rambling was "We, The Living". It has a really awesome character that is torn between ideology and his love. Even here, the other characters come across as heartless b1tches.

This is the theme in all her stories - that being a heartless b1tch is okay, because your universe revolves around you. everyone else can go fcuk themselves. 

If you want to read something that boosts your ego, you should pick up Ayn Rand. The quality of writing though is sh1t.

Yeah I am not perfect.. I know my flaws and I have learnt to live with them as well. But I think you have put urself on a huge moral pedestal and if you look down at some point in ur life, u ll realize what a fuckd up life u have lived.

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Okay. I'll read this Camus guy some day, and tell you what I thought about it.

You should read Rand, if you like black and white characters with no layers. agendas that are 100% transparent.

The only book she wrote where the story overwhelmed her pathetic rambling was "We, The Living". It has a really awesome character that is torn between ideology and his love. Even here, the other characters come across as heartless b1tches.

This is the theme in all her stories - that being a heartless b1tch is okay, because your universe revolves around you. everyone else can go fcuk themselves. 

If you want to read something that boosts your ego, you should pick up Ayn Rand. The quality of writing though is sh1t.

Albert Camus also lived along side another theorist called Jean Paul Sartre(another Frenchie) but Jean Paul Sartre dealt more with existentialism. I have never read Sartre so have no opinion of him currently. 

I dislike Black and White characters, the sort of the ones you see in Shekhar Kammula's movies. 

I think I know the premise of most of her works and the underlying theme as you specified, which happens to be that ego is the primary driver of the world and what makes someone ambitious thereby lending some credence to their existence. While not completely sold out on it, I would still love to read it just because it seems to have some popular following. 

2 minutes ago, kreole said:

Yeah I am not perfect.. I know my flaws and I have learnt to live with them as well. But I think you have put urself on a huge moral pedestal and if you look down at some point in ur life, u ll realize what a fuckd up life u have lived.

so learning to live with your flaws means not being accepting of them as flaws, I guess. It means that you advertise those flaws with pride to knock down others from exploring their flaws. cool.

you just come across like a jealous b1tch. My life is what it is. You seem to need validation from my life, instead of focusing on yours.

idiot.

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Albert Camus also lived along side another theorist called Jean Paul Sartre(another Frenchie) but Jean Paul Sartre dealt more with existentialism. I have never read Sartre so have no opinion of him currently. 

I dislike Black and White characters, the sort of the ones you see in Shekhar Kammula's movies. 

I think I know the premise of most of her works and the underlying theme as you specified, which happens to be that ego is the primary driver of the world and what makes someone ambitious thereby lending some credence to their existence. While not completely sold out on it, I would still love to read it just because it seems to have some popular following. 

Only in the US. and now India.

Among republicans and hindutva elite mostly.

10 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

so learning to live with your flaws means not being accepting of them as flaws, I guess. It means that you advertise those flaws with pride to knock down others from exploring their flaws. cool.

you just come across like a jealous b1tch. My life is what it is. You seem to need validation from my life, instead of focusing on yours.

idiot.

What is there to be jealous of you(**) ? I d rather say 'pity'  may be closer to describing my thoughts about your posts.

4 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Only in the US. and now India.

Among republicans and hindutva elite mostly.

Interesting because most Ayn Rand fans I met in the US happened to be Democrat supporters. 

11 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Interesting because most Ayn Rand fans I met in the US happened to be Democrat supporters. 

Possibly because they hate the religious side of republican politics. but I'm pretty sure statistically Ayn Rand tools are mostly republicans.

13 minutes ago, kreole said:

What is there to be jealous of you(**) ? I d rather say 'pity'  may be closer to describing my thoughts about your posts.

it doesn't matter what you think about it.

what's the point in telling that to me a dozen times, if not to derive some sort of sadistic satisfaction?

you should learn to pity yourself first, for needing such validation by putting down someone else.

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

it doesn't matter what you think about it.

what's the point in telling that to me a dozen times, if not to derive some sort of sadistic satisfaction?

you should learn to pity yourself first, for needing such validation by putting down someone else.

So should I assume that you are trying to validate your miserable life when you are seeking to put down everything and everyone through your pitiful posts?