How I weaned myself off Ayn Rand.

lazybugger

15 minutes ago, kreole said:

So should I assume that you are trying to validate your miserable life when you are seeking to put down everything and everyone through your pitiful posts?

I never put down anyone down. unless a moron like you comes along and whines about me like a little b1tch about what I post, never addressing what my post is about.

Try addressing it in between all the insults and abuses that you seem to enjoy throwing at me, then it'll be easier for me to ignore them and address your opinions about what I post. simply explaining myself to moron after moron, who feels entitled to know about me, is tiring no. Nobody can do it.

my life is as miserable or as awesome as anyone's is. I'm just more aware of how it affects me and everyone not connected to me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• tennisluvr

• kreole

• Mitron

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I never put down anyone down. unless a moron like you comes along and whines about me like a little b1tch about what I post, never addressing what my post is about.

Try addressing it in between all the insults and abuses that you seem to enjoy throwing at me, then it'll be easier for me to ignore them and address your opinions about what I post. simply explaining myself to moron after moron, who feels entitled to know about me, is tiring no. Nobody can do it.

my life is as miserable or as awesome as anyone's is. I'm just more aware of how it affects me and everyone not connected to me.

I said it it once and I say it again you are a pathetic excuse for a human being..

53 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Interesting because most Ayn Rand fans I met in the US happened to be Democrat supporters. 

Republican politics revolve around it, man. speaker of the house is an avowed fan of Ayn Rand. 

Rand Paul and his father use her philosophy as the starting point to any conversation on politics.

plenty of republican leaders have expressed their admiration for her and her writings. Most prominent democrats are corporate bootlickers, and welfare statists. Not Randists.

Randists are better than corporatists. but Randism will lead to corporatism.

In effect, democrats are dealing with the mess Ronald Reagan created in the 80s. 

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Interesting because most Ayn Rand fans I met in the US happened to be Democrat supporters. 

I know plenty of people in finance who say they are democrats, but support most of Republican talking points, except ones involving abortion and religion.

They are ashamed to admit that they are republicans. 

Rand herself used to consider her work as Romanticist Fiction, except about people who transcend traditional definitions of romanticism. she wasn't groundbreaking in that too. It was already explored by several writers and philosophers.

somewhere down the line (I guess the success of Fountain Head), gave her the idea to start a silly political cult, to milk her bile for what its worth. She even named that travesty, Objectivism.

It can provide someone with a somewhat useful personal guiding principle, but fails utterly as a political and social ideal. 

The interesting thing is that Rand supporters are mostly morons who'll never engage in arguing about how facts violently disagree with their philosophy. and live in their own la la land, where geniuses are revered and respected. While they toil at their 9-5 jobs like slaves, without coming anywhere close to realizing their creative potential

Many people don't realise, but Rand has been one of the most influential political thinkers in the US.

Says a lot about how infantile US politics has been in the last few decades.

It definitely helps their economic competitiveness, but it creates a lot of discontent, that is going to blow up one day, like the USSR did. especially if Republicans keep getting elected to office.

Indian politics is getting there too.

bunch of morons promoting private property rights as the ultimate ideal, at the same time calling out naxalites for protecting their property, without even hinting at the obvious contradiction.