linkedin lo fake h1 profiles gurinchi

desiboys

How to Identify the fake H1B profiles?

Abraham Regan, MBA, PMP®, ITIL®

VP, Global IT Talent Acquisition at Confidential

Fake Resume: How it Works?

OPT students from India who finished masters usually join a consultancy(when they didn't get full-time job) after completion of masters program in USA. Consultancy forces them to submit a fake resume to client with 6 or 7 years of experience to get into work quickly and to get high billing rate.

US Clients don't do background check of consultants joining with them properly. That's where the loophole is. IT Consultancies make use of this opportunity to send consultants to projects with fake resume.

• First Question should be when did he/she came into USA
  • On what Visa did they arrive into USA – Most of the consultants would say they arrived on H1 or L1 Visa.
  • Please note H1B candidates cannot work in USA more than 6 years and after 6 years they have to apply for I-140 – when you look at the resume and it states Consultant has been working in USA since 2008 on H1B and he/she provided and H1B copy with the validity till 2018 and I am sure this consultant is fake. I would request the consultant to provide me a copy all Visa Pages since 2008 and I-140 PAGE. If the consultant is genuine they would share this information with us and I don’t want to risk submitting a fake consultant and lose my client.
  • (Candidate/Employer who Holds H1B of the candidate) - submitting a fake resume knows that companies and recruiter agencies search for candidates through online job boards using keywords. They also know that to end up in the top two to three pages, they need to match as many keywords as possible, so it is not uncommon to add skills to their resumes that are commonly searched for by companies, whether they possess the skill or not. Ask candidates to send updated resumes with details for their listed skills, specifying whether they’ve applied the skill on the job or just had a training course. If they have undergone training, find out where that was undertaken and for how long.
  • If they have hands-on experience, find out when it was obtained and when it was that they last applied it in a work environment. Asking these questions forces an applicant to cut down their list to only those skills with which they are most comfortable.
  • Look up for them on LinkedIn (Remember some of the genuine candidates are not on LinkedIn). Most of the candidates with fake profiles have no LinkedIn Page
  • Ask for the references/names of the Reporting Manager they worked in the past or Present and try to locate them on LinkedIn
  • Ask for year of graduation highest degree (Reason why to ask for the year of graduation is - if he or she completed their graduation full-time in the year 2012 and on their profile says 7+ years of experience, that’s something fishy)  
  • Ask for candidate's 1-797 Full Copy and with the receipt number validate it on the following link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. Enter the receipt number to find the date of approval and we cannot completely depend on the authenticity of H1B even though the information obtained directly from USCIS cannot completely validate the H1B Copy as we can’t see  the candidate name mentioned anywhere.
  • Below is the Screen shot

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXUAAAAJDEwNmJmZGM3LWFhZWEt

• Below is the Fake H1B Copy
  • AAEAAQAAAAAAAAeUAAAAJDE2Y2IyYzcwLTE4MjUt
  • Original H1b copy has Torch in the background and
  • Please check the Font and cross check dates from each document
  •  VerifyI-94 information using https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html. You need to get the passport copy and the consent from the candidate . This is again full proof since the information obtained is directly from Department of Homeland Security.
  • Verify Divers License or any photo ID
  • VerifyI-94 information using https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html. You need to get the passport copy or Visa Page from Candidate. This information obtained from Department of Homeland Security will provide us the details of the consultant arrival and Departures.
  • At last - Remember that mistakes and misunderstandings do happen. If you find a discrepancy, give the candidate an opportunity to explain. Use common sense and trust your intuition and experience. There is no perfect system to spot a fake resume however it is really essential to use every tool possible to minimize the risk of hiring a mistake.

I wish you all the best in finding right Talent.

I am available whenever you may have questions, comments or suggestions. Please don’t hesitate to comment or message me.

Sincerely

Abraham Regan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kevinUsa

• ARYA

• ronitreddy

• TampaChinnodu

Top Posters In This Topic

Intha background check chese time recruiters ki untada?

Ivi anni cheyyali antey recruiter ki one day paduthadi for each candidate. Appudu recruiting lo kooda contract positions open avuthayi

23 minutes ago, desiboys said:

VP, Global IT Talent Acquisition at Confidential

Fake Resume: How it Works?

OPT students from India who finished masters usually join a consultancy(when they didn't get full-time job) after completion of masters program in USA. Consultancy forces them to submit a fake resume to client with 6 or 7 years of experience to get into work quickly and to get high billing rate.

US Clients don't do background check of consultants joining with them properly. That's where the loophole is. IT Consultancies make use of this opportunity to send consultants to projects with fake resume.

• First Question should be when did he/she came into USA
  • On what Visa did they arrive into USA – Most of the consultants would say they arrived on H1 or L1 Visa.
  • Please note H1B candidates cannot work in USA more than 6 years and after 6 years they have to apply for I-140 – when you look at the resume and it states Consultant has been working in USA since 2008 on H1B and he/she provided and H1B copy with the validity till 2018 and I am sure this consultant is fake. I would request the consultant to provide me a copy all Visa Pages since 2008 and I-140 PAGE. If the consultant is genuine they would share this information with us and I don’t want to risk submitting a fake consultant and lose my client.
  • (Candidate/Employer who Holds H1B of the candidate) - submitting a fake resume knows that companies and recruiter agencies search for candidates through online job boards using keywords. They also know that to end up in the top two to three pages, they need to match as many keywords as possible, so it is not uncommon to add skills to their resumes that are commonly searched for by companies, whether they possess the skill or not. Ask candidates to send updated resumes with details for their listed skills, specifying whether they’ve applied the skill on the job or just had a training course. If they have undergone training, find out where that was undertaken and for how long.
  • If they have hands-on experience, find out when it was obtained and when it was that they last applied it in a work environment. Asking these questions forces an applicant to cut down their list to only those skills with which they are most comfortable.
  • Look up for them on LinkedIn (Remember some of the genuine candidates are not on LinkedIn). Most of the candidates with fake profiles have no LinkedIn Page
  • Ask for the references/names of the Reporting Manager they worked in the past or Present and try to locate them on LinkedIn
  • Ask for year of graduation highest degree (Reason why to ask for the year of graduation is - if he or she completed their graduation full-time in the year 2012 and on their profile says 7+ years of experience, that’s something fishy)  
  • Ask for candidate's 1-797 Full Copy and with the receipt number validate it on the following link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. Enter the receipt number to find the date of approval and we cannot completely depend on the authenticity of H1B even though the information obtained directly from USCIS cannot completely validate the H1B Copy as we can’t see  the candidate name mentioned anywhere.
  • Below is the Screen shot

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXUAAAAJDEwNmJmZGM3LWFhZWEt

• Below is the Fake H1B Copy
  • AAEAAQAAAAAAAAeUAAAAJDE2Y2IyYzcwLTE4MjUt
  • Original H1b copy has Torch in the background and
  • Please check the Font and cross check dates from each document
  •  VerifyI-94 information using https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html. You need to get the passport copy and the consent from the candidate . This is again full proof since the information obtained is directly from Department of Homeland Security.
  • VerifyI-94 information using https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html. You need to get the passport copy or Visa Page from Candidate. This information obtained from Department of Homeland Security will provide us the details of the consultant arrival and Departures.
  • At last - Remember that mistakes and misunderstandings do happen. If you find a discrepancy, give the candidate an opportunity to explain. Use common sense and trust your intuition and experience. There is no perfect system to spot a fake resume however it is really essential to use every tool possible to minimize the risk of hiring a mistake.

I wish you all the best in finding right Talent.

I am available whenever you may have questions, comments or suggestions. Please don’t hesitate to comment or message me.

Sincerely

Abraham Regan

Vidi comedy,  H1B vachina 6 years ki I-140 apply chesthara ? ante OPT lo or H1 ragane apply cheyara!!

More over I94 ni evaru padithe vallu access cheyakudadu vere valladi. I-94 website lo undi evaru access cheyali ani..

Desi marketers idi thelusukunte better..

• You are declaring under penalty of perjury pursuant to 28 U.S. Code § 1746 that you: (1) are only seeking records about yourself, (2) are seeking records about someone for whom you are the legal guardian, or (3) you have the consent of the person whose records you are seeking. You are not authorized to access this website to retrieve records of another person unless you are the person's legal guardian or you have the person's consent.

20 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Intha background check chese time recruiters ki untada?

Ivi anni cheyyali antey recruiter ki one day paduthadi for each candidate. Appudu recruiting lo kooda contract positions open avuthayi

well said. its better kada some more jobs created.

1 minute ago, RahuI_PG said:

em saadidham anooo ilaa raasukuntuuu pothunaaaruuuu pichipulkesh gaaluuu

marketing chesevadu pedda hero la feel avuthunnadu , pichi peon gallu

2 minutes ago, Manmada9 said:

marketing chesevadu pedda hero la feel avuthunnadu , pichi peon gallu

avunu monnaaa oka vendor gaadu TX nundi FL ki move avthava paapam pillala chaduvulu elaa ani adigadu.....         neekenduku raaa avvaniii ani 10ganuuuuu vaadu edo manakiiii favor chesthunattuuu undhi vala attitudeeeeee

Jimmy Varghese, CSCP

Solution Architect at JDA Software

I agree with Madhu, it's easy to blame candidates who are desperate to find a job and (who at a certain point) will not stop at any means. A closer look must be taken at illicit relationships between clients and staffing companies who are incentivized to provide candidates with fake experience to bill at higher rates (and thereby be able to eat a bigger slice of the pie). Further some of these client-staffing company relations are built on dealings where the staffing companies pay the hiring managers at the client.

17 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Jimmy Varghese, CSCP

I agree with Madhu, it's easy to blame candidates who are desperate to find a job and (who at a certain point) will not stop at any means. A closer look must be taken at illicit relationships between clients and staffing companies who are incentivized to provide candidates with fake experience to bill at higher rates (and thereby be able to eat a bigger slice of the pie). Further some of these client-staffing company relations are built on dealings where the staffing companies pay the hiring managers at the client.

lol

25 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Jimmy Varghese, CSCP

Denni matram evadu expose cheyadu..IT mafia aypoyindi..Dollara Dollara

is he a vendor, had he never ever did 0.1% fake in his vendor business, i bet he did..then he is not eligible for writing articles like this,,stupid jerks...