Facebook shutdown AI after it invented its own language

Batman_fan

Facebook Shut Down AI After It Invented Its Own Language

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2274480-facebook-shut-down-ai-after-it-invented-its-own-language/

Researches at Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence (AI) program after it created its own language, Digital Journal reports.

The system developed code words to make communication more efficient and researchers took it offline when they realized it was no longer using English.

The incident, after it was revealed in early July, puts in perspective Elon Musk’s warnings about AI.

“AI is the rare case where I think we need to be proactive in regulation instead of reactive,” Musk said at the meet of US National Governors Association. “Because I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it’ll be too late.”

When Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that Musk’s warnings are “pretty irresponsible,” Musk responded that Zuckerberg’s “understanding of the subject is limited.”

irresponsible title for a normal AI news.

The task that AI bots were being trained on cooperation with a reward at the end, and the bots ended up figuring out that english is not the right language for maximizing the  reward.

senseless reporting and sensationalizing.

Elon Musk should quote more responsibly. his quotes from weeks ago will be used everywhere to fear monger against AI and stop its development.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

The task that AI bots were being trained on cooperation with a reward at the end, and the bots ended up figuring out that english is not the right language for maximizing the  reward.

Elon Musk should quote more responsibly. his quotes from weeks ago will be used everywhere to fear monger against AI and stop its development.

isnt it that the exact thing that we should be dead afraid of???

1 minute ago, kasi said:

isnt it that the exact thing that we should be dead afraid of???

why should you be afraid of it?

The bots aren't sentient yet. They have to be told what their goal is. They don't realise that on their own. Plus AI research could go a 1000 different ways. including improving our own brains.

14 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

you spoiled everything

I wanted to see how many agree with Musk statement and also wanted to see references from Terminator and Matrix movies. 

Anyway people who are not interested in philosophy, sociology etc, suddenly talk of ethical moral absolutes, when there's a danger of AI.

It's probably a good thing, because research on AI is what made me realise how horribly people treat each other, and how economic, social systems are less than ideal in human society.

Even if AI fcuks people, I won't mind. Because we deserve it, based on our understanding and practice of evolution. but its not going to happen.

I'm afraid they are going to end up regulating it, and create a stagnant human civilization.

7 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

you spoiled everything

I wanted to see how many agree with Musk statement and also wanted to see references from Terminator and Matrix movies.

contemporary Sci Fi dystopian books should be compulsory read in high schools.

AI taking over the world is too lame, and 70s propaganda about AI.

The recent 00's novels are much more imaginative about how AI could potentially be used.

As usual pop articles have atleast a decade of original sci fi to catch up to.

52 minutes ago, kiran karthik said:

Reporting ki kuda edo own tool develop chesukunnaru, pinto anukunta

lol okati kadu vanda unnayi valla daggara tool okkate kadu 3-4 databases kooda develop chesi vadutunnaru.

inka reporting tool antava in house built chala common silicon valley lo fb okkate kadu