Help! Questions before accepting full time with small local bank

gunturfriends

hello everyone,

full time accept chese mundu what questions are to be asked , just curious if I am missing anything?

employer is a small local bank with 30-40 people in IT and I might be the first one ever to join on H1B.

GC sponsorship chestaru/visa ammendments etc chestaru...pay is reasonable for the location.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, gunturfriends said:

hello everyone,

full time accept chese mundu what questions are to be asked , just curious if I am missing anything?

employer is a small local bank with 30-40 people in IT and I might be the first one ever to join on H1B.

GC sponsorship chestaru/visa ammendments etc chestaru...pay is reasonable for the location.

Thanks!

nuvvu first H1b ante vallaki GC process asalu em teluso kanuko

extensions or transfers ki RFE paditeh ela solve chestharo kuda kanukko 

39 minutes ago, gunturfriends said:

hello everyone,

Thanks!

Small bank risk and that too with 40IT is very risky 

10 minutes ago, TelugodNene said:

Small bank risk and that too with 40IT is very risky 

now contracting bhayya, epudu job aipotundo..malli eppudo vastado family tho ane risk kanna better kada current situation lo? bank established in 1852 but only local to state.

enduku risky o konchem points cheppara?

Just now, gunturfriends said:

now contracting bhayya, epudu job aipotundo..malli eppudo vastado family tho ane risk kanna better kada current situation lo? bank established in 1852 but only local to state.

enduku risky o konchem points cheppara?

Big banks acquire chesukuntayi small banks ni and their IT system will change including security, your Bank is very small in IT so more chances of layoff when acquired by big banks 

Bro, I work for a small size family based company(30 employees total, 7 in IT) local to my state and I didn't have any issues so far. 

These are the things you need to talk to them about IMO 

1.  H1B visa is temporary and need to be renewed every 3 years,  if they like your performance it will be wise to start Permanent Residence process sooner rather than later. 
  2. Ask about the position longevity, if they foresee any reasons for the position to be short lived or if they are planning on keeping it long term. 
  3. It  may be required to send the Organization's tax statements and employee records to immigration, ask them if that is going to be a problem for them. 
  4. Tell them that the organization should be in good financial standing for certain immigration petitions to be processed. 
  5. In my case I requested my employer that if ever a day comes that I needed to be let go, I would like him to let me know a couple weeks in advance. (I told him being on H1B visa, if I am    let  go I wont have any time to find another job so I needed that advance notice).
  6. I also spoke to my employer about PTO. I told him, that I would like to visit my home country once every two years and I would be gone for a month or so if I go. 

PS: This depends on your employer bro. My employer is very understanding so he I spoke to him candidly. I am not suggesting you to do the same, I am just listing what I did in the past. My employer is a health care org. 

1 hour ago, Suhaas said:

Bro, I work for a small size family based company(30 employees total, 7 in IT) local to my state and I didn't have any issues so far. 

These are the things you need to talk to them about IMO 

1.  H1B visa is temporary and need to be renewed every 3 years,  if they like your performance it will be wise to start Permanent Residence process sooner rather than later. 
  2. Ask about the position longevity, if they foresee any reasons for the position to be short lived or if they are planning on keeping it long term. 
  3. It  may be required to send the Organization's tax statements and employee records to immigration, ask them if that is going to be a problem for them. 
  4. Tell them that the organization should be in good financial standing for certain immigration petitions to be processed. 
  5. In my case I requested my employer that if ever a day comes that I needed to be let go, I would like him to let me know a couple weeks in advance. (I told him being on H1B visa, if I am    let  go I wont have any time to find another job so I needed that advance notice).
  6. I also spoke to my employer about PTO. I told him, that I would like to visit my home country once every two years and I would be gone for a month or so if I go. 

PS: This depends on your employer bro. My employer is very understanding so he I spoke to him candidly. I am not suggesting you to do the same, I am just listing what I did in the past. My employer is a health care org. 

Thanks a lot Suhaas, in my case its not small,  bank established in 1852 and is doing good.

yes, they are okay to support renewals/ GC process.
They are more concerned I may leave, position is needed for very long term..and can definitely give long notice/they have policy to pay well if they had to terminate in worst case.

yep, PTO and all they are flexible.

3 minutes ago, gunturfriends said:

Thanks a lot Suhaas, in my case its not small,  bank established in 1852 and is doing good.

yes, they are okay to support renewals/ GC process.
They are more concerned I may leave, position is needed for very long term..and can definitely give long notice/they have policy to pay well if they had to terminate in worst case.

yep, PTO and all they are flexible.

That is great Bro. Congratulations and All the Best. 

3 hours ago, gunturfriends said:

hello everyone,

Thanks!

cons naku emi kanipinchatledu..