Treatment for vitaligo for friend

buffaloboy

If Vitiligo gets worse it will spread all over. Example Ponnam Prabhakar if he/she is lucky like CBN ( gaddam kinda ) which can usually controlled thru medicines .

Pelliki yes, I have heard and seen cases where if either of the parent has vitiligo people usually don't show interest in that proposal.

I am not sure if english medicines have a full cure for this skin condition. Else ponnam prabhakar ki paisal emaina takkuva na ?

You can try homeopathy or aurvedic of do more research

5 hours ago, IsmileBhai said:

If Vitiligo gets worse it will spread all over. Example Ponnam Prabhakar if he/she is lucky like CBN ( gaddam kinda ) which can usually controlled thru medicines .

Pelliki yes, I have heard and seen cases where if either of the parent has vitiligo people usually don't show interest in that proposal.

I am not sure if english medicines have a full cure for this skin condition. Else ponnam prabhakar ki paisal emaina takkuva na ?

You can try homeopathy or aurvedic of do more research

totally agreed...actually he is my close  friend and the girl is my distant relative...that's the confusion.Rest all is ok from girls side.

Phototherapy is considered a second-line treatment for vitiligo.[1] Exposing the skin to light from UVB lamps is the most common treatment for vitiligo. The treatments can be done at home with an UVB lamp or in a clinic. The exposure time is managed so that the skin does not suffer overexposure. Treatment can take a few weeks if the spots are on the neck and face and if they existed not more than 3 years. If the spots are on the hands and legs and have been there more than 3 years, it can take a few months. Phototherapy sessions are done 2–3 times a week. Spots on a large area of the body may require full body treatment in a clinic or hospital. UVB broadband and narrowband lamps can be used,[27][28] but narrowband ultraviolet picked around 311 nm is the choice. It has been constitutively reported that combination of UVB phototherapy with other topical treatments improves re-pigmentation. However, some vitiligo patients may not see any changes to skin or re-pigmentation occurring. A serious potential side effect involves the risk of developing skin cancer, the same risk as an over-exposure to natural sunlight.

Ultraviolet light (UVA) treatments are normally carried out in a hospital clinic. Psoralen and ultraviolet A light (PUVA) treatment involves taking a drug that increases the skin's sensitivity to ultraviolet light, then exposing the skin to high doses of UVA light. Treatment is required twice a week for 6–12 months or longer. Because of the high doses of UVA and psoralen, PUVA may cause side effects such as sunburn-type reactions or skin freckling.[26]

Narrowband ultraviolet B (NBUVB) phototherapy lacks the side-effects caused by psoralens and is as effective as PUVA.[1] As with PUVA, treatment is carried out twice weekly in a clinic or every day at home, and there is no need to use psoralen.[26]