Material science nano tech etc ki mestris

karthikn

2 minutes ago, karthikn said:

Untara.. Evaranna working aa.. Only full times kottala

Friend brother wants to do Ms but I suggested to switch to computer science 

match ochinda johnubhai_01

Full times baaga untayi, friends unnaru naa rommates mostly andaru material science lo PhD chesinolle. 

Mostly Intel lo unnaru as yield Engineers, some as scientists on wafer tech etc. Don't suggest him to go to CS, material science manchi school lo chesthey plenty of long term prospects. 

59 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Full times baaga untayi, friends unnaru naa rommates mostly andaru material science lo PhD chesinolle. 

Mostly Intel lo unnaru as yield Engineers, some as scientists on wafer tech etc. Don't suggest him to go to CS, material science manchi school lo chesthey plenty of long term prospects. 

OK will pass info

9 minutes ago, cheenu said:

Nanotechnology and cryogenics were my dream subjects when I was kid.... dream ga ne migilipoindi 

You can still get into them if you really want to

1 hour ago, karthikn said:

Untara.. Evaranna working aa.. Only full times kottala

Friend brother wants to do Ms but I suggested to switch to computer science 

nijam seppu frend bedar aa BM lo kotha fafa kosama braces_1

Make sure he gets into right school. Ask him to talk to seniors to understand which one is right school. Good school isn't enough for Indians with lottery system going on.

Otherwise, he would be forced to do Phd. 

Just now, Batman_fan said:

Make sure he gets into right school. Ask him to talk to seniors to understand which one is right school. Good isn't enough for Indians with lottery system going on.

Otherwise, he would be forced to do Phd. 

Most people in material science do end up doing PhDs. I don't know a single person who specialized in Material sciences who didn't complete their PhD. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Most people in material science do end up doing PhDs. I don't know a single person who specialized in Material sciences who didn't complete their PhD. 

Sunder Pichai.

It depends on person to person. Not everyone comes to do Phd. At least half of the people I know did phd because they didn't get job after MS.