Triggers- help

Mr Mirchi

Oracle... oke column meedha rendu triggers vunte performance prb emanna vuntumdhaa...for insert

Primary key id column meedha join select query trigger lo pettochaaa....before inserting id value into some temp table...ante basic ga trigger lo select qeury vunte emanna problem aaa

3 hours ago, Mr Mirchi said:

Oracle... oke column meedha rendu triggers vunte performance prb emanna vuntumdhaa...for insert

Primary key id column meedha join select query trigger lo pettochaaa....before inserting id value into some temp table...ante basic ga trigger lo select qeury vunte emanna problem aaa

Bro, If you are adding a trigger there will be a some performance overhead but entha anedhi Relative bro. If the select you are using in the trigger is pulling a record from a table with a million records then there performance overhead is higher when compared to pulling a record from smaller table.

so, basically it totally depends on the your environment. I would suggest you to test it out and see how the performance is changing by inserting some test data. 

In my case I faced both situations, in some cases with large data sets there was significant performance overhead where as in other relatively simple triggers there wasn't any. 

Also one more thing, Any reason you are using multiple triggers instead of consolidating into one? Are those on two separate events, one on insert and the other on update?

Just now, Suhaas said:

Bro, If you are adding a triggerthere will be a some performance overhead but entha anedhi Relative bro. If the select you are using in the trigger is pulling a record from a table with a million records then there performance overhead is higher when compared to pulling a record from smaller table.

so, basically it totally depends on the your environment. I would suggest you to test it out and see how the performance is changing by inserting some test data. 

In my case I faced both situations, in some cases with large data sets there was significant performance overhead where as in other relatively simple triggers there wasn't any. 

Also one more thing, Any reason you are using multiple triggers instead of consolidating into one? Are those on two separate events, one on insert and the other on update?

👏🏼