Role Change - Suggestions

YoungBlood

Bro's.. need your suggestions..

currently in a technical role working full time..one of my business user reached out to me offering a position in his team.. it would be same pay with a different job description. This new role is semi technical.30% technical(data analysis), 80% attending meetings and designing strategies for increasing customer enrollment and few other key metrics.. basically this is the team that provides requirements to my current team.. if I move to the new position, I might be doing UAT for my current team.  I am confused about taking a decision. I am scared of going away from technology and at the same time I am happy that I would not have to deal with desi politics in current team. Line of business teams lo future etla untadi..

What would you do if you were in my shoes..🙏🙏

26 minutes ago, YoungBlood said:

currently in a technical role working full time..one of my business user reached out to me offering a position in his team.. it would be same pay with a different job description. This new role is semi technical.30% technical(data analysis), 80% attending meetings and designing strategies for increasing customer enrollment and few other key metrics.. basically this is the team that provides requirements to my current team.. if I move to the new position, I might be doing UAT for my current team.  I am confused about taking a decision. I am scared of going away from technology and at the same time I am happy that I would not have to deal with desi politics in current team. Line of business teams lo future etla untadi..

Vellipo bro...peaceful life..edhava technology lo adhe goddu chaakiri...entha chesina value undadhu...inka techology meedha touch antava..rojuki okati vasthundhi..if you have to change, appudu unna recent and happening tech nerchukoni vellipovacchu.....

but nuvvu chepthunna team lo tech involvement ledhu ganaka...thellolla politics undocchu..you might have to deal with that..if you are ok..then go ahead

51 minutes ago, YoungBlood said:

jpmorgan chase client aa?

Nee company profile and ne role kuda chepthe evaraina better suggestions istharu.

and another thing is people here don't know about how your division is operating and how your team is. So I think you should be a better judge based on how you want to see yourself in few years down the line.

45 minutes ago, nokia123 said:

Vellipo bro...peaceful life..edhava technology lo adhe goddu chaakiri...entha chesina value undadhu...inka techology meedha touch antava..rojuki okati vasthundhi..if you have to change, appudu unna recent and happening tech nerchukoni vellipovacchu.....

but nuvvu chepthunna team lo tech involvement ledhu ganaka...thellolla politics undocchu..you might have to deal with that..if you are ok..then go ahead

Thanks bro.. thellola politics mana tamil kodukula kante ekuva untaya

Pedda clients daggara business roles baane untay man..you will be more valuable and growth ki opportunity untadhi..you can always come back if you think you wanna do more technical..try it out

Think long term too. What happens after this project/company. Shifting from IT to non-IT is easy. But coming back to IT is not so easy. Technology is changing so fast your skills will be out dated within short period. 

1 minute ago, Sword said:

Pedda clients daggara business roles baane untay man..you will be more valuable and growth ki opportunity untadhi..you can always come back if you think you wanna do more technical..try it out

Thanks for the suggestion bro

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

Think long term too. What happens after this project/company. Shifting from IT to non-IT is easy. But coming back to IT is not so easy. Technology is changing so fast your skills will be out dated within short period. 

😿this is the scary part. Anduke em samaj ayitaledu..

Mastaru , Do you have interest in doing non-tech roles? If not , don't even bother , you will hate it in 30 days max..

If you are really interested , then immerse yourself , rewards will payoff , once you build reputation that you are a performer people would not like to lose you , whether it is a non-tech or tech , so do that first

You said your work will be 30% technical , does that data analysis involve any latest tools/tech ? if so , improve your skill on them and be market ready..

Coming back to tech may be hard , but do remember that you did not know tech before you did your engineering or grad etc..you can learn tech given time..

To excel in non-tech roles(ba or other analyst roles) people need to stay with the team/company for a while , do you like the team you are planning to join? do you plan to stay in that role for at least 2-3 years ? If not , you may not really build business knowledge in short time and it may not be worth while..