Role Change - Suggestions

YoungBlood

first thing stranges me out is you getting same pay as technical and business,,afaik business will not have much pay, as they dont have to apply too much knowledge of IT, still you getting same pay, even tho hard to belive,,good for you,,,

about growth - you can eventually get growing bigger on business than IT, your role from business coud b avp, vp, director level,,remember these are business roles only....if you're in the same company forever, since u said same pay u cud eventually grow broader roles,,,,once u have all business knowledge,,,its hard for them to kick you out if they have to...Business has goood and bad as well,,,its all your choice,,,yea you will be uat side,,,you have to sign off uat testing for production,,,long story short no headache of coding, applying logics etc.,

on IT you know everything,,,i dont have to fill you in here,...so good luck!!!

3 hours ago, YoungBlood said:

Bro's.. need your suggestions..

currently in a technical role working full time..one of my business user reached out to me offering a position in his team.. it would be same pay with a different job description. This new role is semi technical.30% technical(data analysis), 80% attending meetings and designing strategies for increasing customer enrollment and few other key metrics.. basically this is the team that provides requirements to my current team.. if I move to the new position, I might be doing UAT for my current team.  I am confused about taking a decision. I am scared of going away from technology and at the same time I am happy that I would not have to deal with desi politics in current team. Line of business teams lo future etla untadi..

What would you do if you were in my shoes..🙏🙏

Answer depdents on business you are dealing with