TERADATA HELF FLEASE

Babu_Moshai

Vuncles need some helf with my assignment. DB course lo maaku Teradata isntall sesuko mananru. one question is that  oka exisiting table with data  ki identity column add cheyyali. unna records ki aa column oka default value ichi next insert row nunchi populate cheyyali

Technically, you cannot add an identity column to an existing table or add an identity attribute to an existing column bro. (For Teradata SQL)

The round about way is to create a new table with same schema plus added identity column, insert the data and rename to swap both table names. 

You can add an identity column using the code below: 

ALTER TABLE MyTable

ADD ID INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL

After you do this one, every new row that you insert, the identity column will be incremented by 1. 

2 minutes ago, RachaRaja said:

You can add an identity column using the code below: 

ALTER TABLE MyTable

ADD ID INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL

After you do this one, every new row that you insert, the identity column will be incremented by 1. 

Bro, Are you sure this works for Teradata? 

I know it works for MS SQL Server and Other SQL based DBs/DWs but I don't think it works for Teradata Bro. 

24 minutes ago, Babu_Moshai said:

Vuncles need some helf with my assignment. DB course lo maaku Teradata isntall sesuko mananru. one question is that  oka exisiting table with data  ki identity column add cheyyali. unna records ki aa column oka default value ichi next insert row nunchi populate cheyyali

You can not alter existence table bro

create new table only option 

1 minute ago, Suhaas said:

I know it works for MS SQL Server and Other SQL based DBs/DWs but I don't think it works for Teradata Bro. 

It won't work bro 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Suhaas said:

Yeah you are right. This is not possible in teradata. It only works for SQL. My bad.

You got only one option is to create a new schema with identity column.