Friday Story: Lifestyle

LordOfMud

I hopped off the bus in Times Square and started to walk toward the office. That's when he saw me. He shook his head back and forth slowly as he stared down at my chest. "Why do you do that?" the man moaned loudly. Yes, seriously. I sped up into a walk-run, suddenly feeling extremely self-conscious.

I was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck in a fuzzy mustard-colored material so as to distract from my nipples as much as possible. Clearly, it wasn't really working. Plus, a bathroom selfie I had taken in the mirror that morning confirmed it was definitely easy to make out the shape of my b00bs.

All in all, going braless is far less manageable at the workplace. I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable when I was sitting in meetings, the AC was blasting, and my nipples were the most excited things in the room.

Not that bra size is of much importance to me, but as a 32A, I wouldn't mind being, like, one cup size bigger. It'd be nice to fill out a bodyhugging top with a plunging neckline, instead of swimming in the material or having to secure a safety pin behind my neck to hold things in place. And I'd love to wear one of those retro-style swimsuits with a half-moon cup and underwire that provides lift. Unfortunately, I don't really have much of anything to "lift." Even so, my b00bs became more visible to me during the week I went braless. As soon as I took off my shirt at the end of the day, there they were!

I discovered the natural shape of my b00bs, too, because I was always staring right at them when I looked in the mirror. It turns out, my b00bs aren't perfect mini-circles, as they appear to be when I'm wearing a bra. Without a bra, I had to support my own breasts, and I did this by wearing my head high and shrugging off the double takes and widened eyes of the people I passed on the street. I did this by paying attention to my posture. Instead of slouching, I stood up straight. Instead of hunching over at my desk, I perked my head up and rolled my shoulders back. The whole week was a sort of lesson in poise for me, and I'm proud of myself for sticking through it. I'm proud of my b00bs, too.

Comments

SmartyPants 9 hours ago

This is the longest article I have ever witnessed that led nowhere.

carl 9 hours ago

Another "Look at me" article

Cory 10 hours ago

Why is a 15 year old writing about this stuff?

thinkerone 9 hours ago

If she had gone braless for any reason except to get attention for her nipples (which must look like the Empire State Building, lying horizontally, from completely unnecessary descriptions) she could have done what women of taste have done for decades, and put a bandaid over each nipple, to reduce it apparently overly ripe and swollen appearance that even gathered public "moaning" (really?) under a sweater on the street?? But as the psychologists will tell you, someone who is very needy and wants attention badly, will settle for negative attention. And if she doesn't get that, she will take selfies and write a ridiculous article to post on Yahoo. Try and get some class, woman.