Job change scenario: profit to non-profit to profit

halwaraaj

hello guys, 

I am working for profit based company P1 on H1-B full time, I got an offer from non-profit(and cap exempt) company NP1. They are willing to transfer H1 and sponsor GC. If I accept the offer:

In future if I want to move from NP1 to some profit based company P2. Is it a regular H1-B transfer? or do I have to go thru cap again? online konni articles lo chadivanu, you have to go thru cap antunnaru, alane inkonni articles lo they are saying, you need to go thru cap only if you did not go thru already. Ante already cap subject H1 neeku past lo undi unte, you need not ani. I am not sure if this is right, this is an excellent offer, except this one thing which I dont have a clear idea about, I am thinking I need to consult a immigration attorney privately, but if you know someone who has gone thru this situation let me know and it would be helpful if you backed up your opinion with source links or personal experiences.....

Note: I know one thing for sure, if you started your H1 in US with a non-profit, when you move to profit based you are subject to cap, i.e you have to apply for H1 in april and start working on that new h1 from october only.

34 minutes ago, halwaraaj said:

hello guys, 

I am working for profit based company P1 on H1-B full time, I got an offer from non-profit(and cap exempt) company NP1. They are willing to transfer H1 and sponsor GC. If I accept the offer:

In future if I want to move from NP1 to some profit based company P2. Is it a regular H1-B transfer? or do I have to go thru cap again? online konni articles lo chadivanu, you have to go thru cap antunnaru, alane inkonni articles lo they are saying, you need to go thru cap only if you did not go thru already. Ante already cap subject H1 neeku past lo undi unte, you need not ani. I am not sure if this is right, this is an excellent offer, except this one thing which I dont have a clear idea about, I am thinking I need to consult a immigration attorney privately, but if you know someone who has gone thru this situation let me know and it would be helpful if you backed up your opinion with source links or personal experiences.....

Note: I know one thing for sure, if you started your H1 in US with a non-profit, when you move to profit based you are subject to cap, i.e you have to apply for H1 in april and start working on that new h1 from october only.

profit to non-profit to profit - no issues at all.

35 minutes ago, halwaraaj said:

hello guys, 

inthaki elanti non-profit bhayya...any university?

5 minutes ago, naaperunenu said:

inthaki elanti non-profit bhayya...any university?

nope, research institution......deals with research mainlny related to k-12 education among other things.....

Just now, naaperunenu said:

congrats bro...

Thanks bro......kani.....future lo Visa/GC issue avutundi ane doubt unte lite teeskundam anukuntunna offer.....trying from all sources.....no problem ani antunnaru which is giving me some confidence.....but things backing up those "no problem" statements are all online articles, I need a solid reason behind why it is not a problem.....I will probably get that when I meet an attorney....chuddam.....

1 hour ago, halwaraaj said:

Thanks bro......kani.....future lo Visa/GC issue avutundi ane doubt unte lite teeskundam anukuntunna offer.....trying from all sources.....no problem ani antunnaru which is giving me some confidence.....but things backing up those "no problem" statements are all online articles, I need a solid reason behind why it is not a problem.....I will probably get that when I meet an attorney....chuddam.....

Non-Profit valaki stamping, gc problms takkuva...

okasati cap subject quote lo n1 H1 count ayyi n approve ayyithe chaalu.. you are good. You can transfer from cap-subject (for profit) to cap-exempt (not for-profit) to cap-subject without any issues. 

4 hours ago, halwaraaj said:

hello guys, 

I140 techuko...nee ishtam vunna place ki marochu

4 hours ago, halwaraaj said:

hello guys, 

Congrats man... all the best