US lo PHD .. pros and cons.. like immigration, jobs, personal life

RangasthalamRasikudu

I applied for PhD programs during my final year of my undergrad, they look at the whole application, prior research experience, GPA, SOP, recommendation letters, GRE and TOEFL. I did not get a Masters. Part of the reason I did a direct PhD is that, they provide a full tuition waiver and pay 30-45k stipend per year. It took me five years to finish my PhD, although it depends mostly on your research, coursework and the University. 

• 6 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 4:20 PM, Anta Assamey said:

All the information I am telling you is related to my experience and information I have found over the course of my journey  and in a SCIENCE field --

I am currently registered for PhD in a Government University in India and all the information I am giving is based upon the rules of UGC (Uniion Grants Commission) so there are exceptions that you don't need national level exams for PhD entrance.

First you need to do is --

1. Check with your current employer to see if he/she is ok with your PhD and can give a supporting letter because you need to submit this letter to Indian University.

2. Find a University in India that supports you for doing your PhD remotely, Some universities call it Part Time PhD as you won't stay at the university and part time PhD is no different just a name because you do it remotely.

3. Entrance exam is not needed for someone of the Government Universities but they will ask you to write the Internal exam for the University and you can clear it.

3. Indian Uinversities --> Regarding course work, because you already have a Masters from abroad ..... Indian University will give you exceptions for the course and complete the mandatory courses like Ethics and etc... Which are hardly 1 or 2 courses. You can go to india just to write those exams for a week and come back. 

4. OPTIONAL ---> In USA if you are working in an University based employe then you can request your Director or Professor for an MOU with the University in India ... which will makes all the above things very easy and its a common thing in US to do the MOU.

5. Some universities have rules that you need to spend 6 months to 1 year in India on a CUMULATIVE before you finish your PhD so can visit India when ever you are free and account towards it. This is based on the university you select.

6. In India 3 years is minimum and maximum of X years .. max depends on the university. Minimum is definitely 3 years.

Not sure if I missed any information you asked for.... Please Go ahead and keep quesitoning  .... 

Are you on F1 OR H1

I am in search for phd bioinformatics ...suggest me indian universities. Have masters here.

Naa friend vaalla annayya PhD chesadu for 5 years but after PhD he got job as assistant professor Now he is a Professor. Very decent pay and regular foreign trips with family. Very less work. Eppudu papers presentations

untayi. Full respect. Excellent work life balance. He is receiving opportunities from various parts of the world.

Apart from university grants and salaries he makes money from companies who want university to do some

research. 5 to 6 Years Kashtapadithe chala benefits untai but patience kavali.

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 10:45 AM, RangasthalamRasikudu said:

mee views cheppandi.. already phd chesina valu or right now chestunna valu unte.. mee anubhavalu eskondi 

On 10/25/2017 at 12:45 PM, RangasthalamRasikudu said:

mee views cheppandi.. already phd chesina valu or right now chestunna valu unte.. mee anubhavalu eskondi 

Phd waste of time buffalo🐃

25 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Why?

first real job ochetime ki 27 itadi, and initial ga pay takva untadi.. compared to IT and other Engg guys... apart from this gals will feel like phd guy anta, ewww so boooring yaa..