Car repair help

iddaritho

31 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

Brake pads in AutoZone cosm with life time warranty 

Buy them find a local mechanic nad fix them 

Power steering rack anylte go-to good year they charge very less compRed to dealer 

Better to buy original pads... They fit well and some online Honda dealership sell for cheap ( Google for Curry honda...I don't have Honda anymore so forgot)

19 hours ago, iddaritho said:

I have 2012 honda accord , done with warranty.

Today took it to dealer for service maintainance.

He tells me my brake pads needs to be changed and charging 690 dollars 400 for labor and 290 for parts 

next power steering fluid is leaking and said i have to replace the system which he is charging 1700 dollars 

700 per parts and 1000 for labor 

total 2600 anni kalipi and he will give 150 discount annadu.

i am surprised as my car is in great shape and dont know if he is conning me 

how to know if the dealer is not trying to rip me off 

is it worth to repair it or take it to car max and sell it and get a new car 

Its total rip off..

Just buy parts in ebay, you can get genuine honda parts for cheap in ebay..buy them and take it to local shop who can install for you, they wont charge more than $150 labor for brakes and rotors..

if rotors are smooth and no rust and sufficient thick then dont change them, you can just resurface them for $10 each..anyway you can also get new for $30 now a days..

ask mechanic to take a look at power steering leak when he lifted the car for brakes and note down the parts needs for it. order them in ebay and go second visit to that mec. again to completed the job.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:17 PM, nokia123 said:

ee dealer dhaggaraki veltha chalu....leni poni repairs anni cheyyinchi sava godatharu...how to avoid this? 

S

Just say next time... And also ask to their nose.. is it in owners manual as compulsory maintenance.. 

Break pads or rotors shouldn't cost more than 250 including labour..

Calipers might go up to 400..and this for fwd ..where you only repair front callipers mostly..

Other than that..your regular maintenance like power fluid..break fluid not required to replace for Japanese vehicles..they come for life time..

Alternator belt..timing belt you might have to replace after 150k ..because they rupture on heat

20 hours ago, krishna0125 said:

Its total rip off..

Just buy parts in ebay, you can get genuine honda parts for cheap in ebay..buy them and take it to local shop who can install for you, they wont charge more than $150 labor for brakes and rotors..

if rotors are smooth and no rust and sufficient thick then dont change them, you can just resurface them for $10 each..anyway you can also get new for $30 now a days..

ask mechanic to take a look at power steering leak when he lifted the car for brakes and note down the parts needs for it. order them in ebay and go second visit to that mec. again to completed the job.

nenna na 2013 highlander oil change lo front axle brake change quote adigitha $550 cheppadu dealer..aa money ki I can buy  front and rear rotors, brake pads and struts and can cover labor in local shops.

Dealer place is only good for oil change or repairs for car in warranty..I go only for oil changes, rest I will take care my self or go to local mechanic