Any runners here?

tennisluvr

8 minutes ago, Peter123 said:

HIIT - is tough burning more cals in high intervals..what that means is you got to run 10 speeds pr around in short time, your heart rate bumps crazy, your knees might get misplaced, ankles could get hurt,,,all these are possibilities, now if you want to run for ever..you dont want to do this stuff. 

HIIT works in exercises though, 

knee braces advantage is when you have knee pains when you keep running they manage that, protects knees and any pains to knees so that you could keep running, you could get them in amazon for 10 bucks, watch videos on that too, how to wear and where exactly to wear em..usually under the knees. 

Remember one thing - always we have to protect our knees and ankles in all ways possible so we could keep running. 

My exp: 7 years running 4-5 days a week 5 miles per day....Good Luck

I do squats to strengthen my knees regularly, in fact I do squats 3 times a week. Would you still recommend that I use knee braces? I don't want to get used to them to an extent I can't run without them. Plus I am planning on running mostly on softer surface(grass) at the local park. However, I like to sprint at a high school track nearby. I am wearing plantar fasciitis insoles to protect the feet and ankles. I don't know if I can use anything else specific to protect the ankles. 

Plus I don't plan to run more than 2 days a week at max, and mostly bike the rest of the days for endurance. 

1 minute ago, Nellore Pedda reddy said:

I’ve heard mixed views on using knee braces long term (although I used them in a marathon and they were helpful), what do you think? 🤔

you dont have to wear em' everytime you run...like of ypu want to run 3-4 days in a row, after the first 2 days of run, you might have a little sores around knees then you put em on.. to prevent those soars, especially long runs like for an hour...if you never had those kind of injuries or knee pains then you're good..

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I do squats to strengthen my knees regularly, in fact I do squats 3 times a week. Would you still recommend that I use knee braces? I don't want to get used to them to an extent I can't run without them. Plus I am planning on running mostly on softer surface(grass) at the local park. However, I like to sprint at a high school track nearby. I am wearing plantar fasciitis insoles to protect the feet and ankles. I don't know if I can use anything else specific to protect the ankles. 

Plus I don't plan to run more than 2 days a week at max, and mostly bike the rest of the days for endurance. 

Squats - one of the good exercises. keep it going...for best leg muscles quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, yes also good for knees.

knee braces - are for any injuries for knees that you had when you do constant runnings like 5 times a week, you get pains around knees, minor injuries, its only for after injuries protection.  its only needed when you have injuries or knee pains. 

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

neke thelusthadhi bro.. if you kinda overtrain .. your knees will be sore...either slowdown or take a break.. i dont use  knee braces.. i squat  2 times a week.. and run daily... i only use knee braces if i hit my PR on my squats