AWS CCP

The_One_Above_All

AWS Cloud certified Practitioner evaraina rasara?

Looks like an entry level certi , nenu functional so thinking it will be a good baby step in right direction 

throw some torch light please

I wrote Aws CSA - Associate thinking to write professional soon . Developer path too raddam anukuntunna as overlapping topics . Which path do you want to write after this ? E certification enduku man direct associate for architect/ developer/ admin  rayachu ga ? If you let me know your path I can tell you my study plan . 

Just now, Amrita said:

I wrote Aws CSA - Associate . Which path do you want to write after this ? E certification enduku man direct associate or developer ravachu ga ? If you let me know your path I can tell you my study plan . 

Will probably write associate , its been a while since I have written any tech certification so getting cold feet , ee basic cert aithe atleast one leg munduki vesam annattu untundi kada , so thats why thinking 

Just now, The_One_Above_All said:

Will probably write associate , its been a while since I have written any tech certification so getting cold feet , ee basic cert aithe atleast one leg munduki vesam annattu untundi kada , so thats why thinking 

Paisal waste man . Write associate 30 days prep for couple of hours is more than enough  IMO . 

1 minute ago, Amrita said:

Paisal waste man . Write associate 30 days prep for couple of hours is more than enough  IMO . 

ok thanks , did you follow Udemy or Linux academy ? any tips on prep?

3 minutes ago, The_One_Above_All said:

ok thanks , did you follow Udemy or Linux academy ? any tips on prep?

Both . I did from Linux academy too . Will post in detail in couple of hours . 

Previous post which I wrote months ago copy pasting . 

Study plan

AWS Certified Developer - Associate 2018
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate 2018
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Practice Tests
AWS Certified Developer - Associate 2017 (Practice Tests)
FREE: Practice Test AWS Certified Solutions Architect -- free in udemy

I bought these 1st 4 from Udemy which were by Ryan Kroonenburg for Developer and architect certifications.  You can port them to acloud guru account. Step by step video instructions there for lab.

Planning to do qwick labs and whizlabs simulator exams.

Qwick labs:

https://qwiklabs.com/quests/10?locale=en

https://qwiklabs.com/quests/20?locale=en

Whizlabs:

https://www.whizlabs.com/aws-solutions-architect-associate/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Study plan

I bought these 1st 4 from Udemy which were by Ryan Kroonenburg for Developer and architect certifications.  You can port them to acloud guru account. Step by step video instructions there for lab.

Qwick labs:

Whizlabs:

nuvvu keka kaka

nuvvu janam kosam puttav positivity ni panchadaniki

maanavathvam penchadaniki 

kaka

2 hours ago, Amrita said:

Study plan

Qwick labs:

Whizlabs:

Though it is easy to do CSA, if you don't have any computer science fundamentals , then you need more time to get the concepts. You may pass the exam, but it will be worth less is you can't use it in real world. 

Some people write certifications to learn new things, so write just to have it in there resumes.

4 hours ago, hunkyfunky said:

Though it is easy to do CSA, if you don't have any computer science fundamentals , then you need more time to get the concepts. You may pass the exam, but it will be worth less is you can't use it in real world. 

Some people write certifications to learn new things, so write just to have it in there resumes.

Why did you tell me this dude ? What is the point you wanted to make? I didn’t get it.

I kind of followed this guy's study plan. This guy now is a cloud guru as well. Enta kanna prep avasaram ayite ledu. You will learn a lot if you really follow this guy. August lo exam change ayyindi and i wrote after that but still almost the same. 

My Path to Solutions Architect Associate

Hello, all. I recently achieved certification as an AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, and I wanted to share my approach with those who might be interested.

I did start with a solid technical background, but I believe the following were the key activities that helped me learn AWS:

1) Watching all the videos in all five of ACloud.Guru's Associate- and Pro-level certification courses. I felt that the CSA-A course was a great overview, but the other four courses really deepened my understanding and I do think there's value in going through all of them right off the bat.

2) Doing many QwikLabs (34 labs; 10 quests; 40 hours), with determination to squeeze every last drop of learning out of each one. Before I did them, a colleague of mine had pointed out that the labs don't end when the script does, so you can keep trying out all sorts of things in that environment until the "Access Time" expires. And to maximize this leftover time available to you, you can read through the lab script before you actually start the lab. I highly recommend buying a one-month unlimited access subscription for $55 and doing as many of the quests as you can, in this way. (For more info about my use of QwikLabs, see the "Extra notes about QwikLabs", below.)

3) Spending lots of time answering questions and reading about people's experiences, on the ACloud.Guru forums. I paid particular attention to services/features that other people had trouble with, and learned about those things by reading the relevant documentation.

4) Getting hands-on and building things in AWS, such as: I built VPCs with bastions, NATs, VPC endpoints, and local-traffic-only subnets; I migrated a Wordpress web site to AWS and used RDS and both internal and external Route53 hosted zones; etc. Doing this also included reading AWS documentation about the things I was trying to do.

The mindset I've had when learning about AWS has been to try to understand things, not just memorize them. In particular, I want to understand how services and features are implemented, under the hood, and what that means for limits and gotchas. I do still think it's valuable to memorize certain important details, though--especially thresholds at which we need to switch from naive mode ("AWS does all the magic for us") into careful mode ("Avoid tripping over the leaks in the abstraction"). Some examples of these include S3 request rates and DynamoDB partitions (though I'm not sure partitions are tested at the associate level). I like this quote: "Leaky abstractions are precisely why it's important to understand what's going on at least one level below where you're working at. This has always been true of computers, whether you're working at a script level, system language level, assembly, or even hardware. Eventually something will break the abstraction".

Here are my more-traditional exam tips:

• Spot instances are good for cost optimization, even if it seems you might need to fall back to On-Demand instances if you wind up getting kicked off them and the timeline grows tighter. The primary (but still not only) factor seems to be whether you can gracefully handle instances that die on you--which is pretty much how you should always design everything, anyway!

• The term "use case" is not the same as "function" or "capability". A use case is something that your app/system will need to accomplish, not just behaviour that you will get from that service. In particular, a use case doesn't require that the service be a 100% turnkey solution for that situation, just that the service plays a valuable role in enabling it.

• There might be extra, unnecessary information in some of the questions (red herrings), so try not to get thrown off by them. Understand what services can and can't do, but don't ignore "obvious"-but-still-correct answers in favour of super-tricky ones.

• If you don't know what they're trying to ask, in a question, just move on and come back to it later (by using the helpful "mark this question" feature in the exam tool). You could easily spend way more time than you should on a single confusing question if you don't triage and move on.

• My exam questions required me to understand features and use cases of: VPC peering, cross-account access, DirectConnect, snapshotting EBS RAID arrays, DynamoDB, spot instances, Glacier, AWS/user security responsibilities, etc.

In the end, I was very pleased with my results:

Overall Score: 100%

Topic Level Scoring:

1.0 Designing highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, scalable systems : 100%

2.0 Implementation/Deployment: 100%

3.0 Security: 100%

4.0 Troubleshooting: 100%

At first I was a bit sceptical (I mean, I wasn't absolutely confident about every single answer), but an Amazon employee confirmed it: "We have reviewed your test scores and the scores are correct. Congratulations on scoring 100% across all topics and on the exam!"

Thank you to everyone who participates on these forums and to the ACloud.Guru team!

Extra notes about QwikLabs:

I'd like to clarify that none of what I described above should be considered necessary. I could have taken a different path to learning AWS and passing my exams, and you probably will. I only meant to share what I found particularly useful.

Also, while I did choose to do many QwikLabs, that should not be taken as a slight against the ACloud.Guru course labs. I got a lot of value out of watching the course labs; I just also got a lot of value out of going through dozens of diverse QwikLabs. As one example, the flexibility of EBS was really locked in for me when a QwikLab had me snapshot and create a second EBS volume to avoid re-downloading a large installer on a second EC2 instance. I binged on QwikLabs during their free promotion period, but I have since paid real money for them and would do so again--especially now that QwikLabs offers a monthly, all-you-can-use subscription.

For those who are interested in doing the same labs I did--or just knowing which they were--here is a link to my QwikLabs profile. From there, you can click on each badge to get to the associated quest and see which specific labs it includes. (Note that some of the badges look like duplicates but they are actually two different quests: an introductory one and an advanced one.) I have done a few more labs that haven't (yet) culminated in a badge, but the labs you can get to from my profile are the lion's share.

My path forward:

Since writing this post, I have also achieved additional certifications. I wrote up my experiences with those exams on these posts:

This Solutions Architect Associate certification was #1 on my path to 5/5.

I have also written a post answering many of the Frequently Asked Questions on these forums. I hope it might help you on your path.

Later edit: I wrote the above post following my SA Associate exam, in 2016, but I have since compressed all the best tips and strategies I used for all my exams into a course that shows how you, too, can succeed with AWS certifications: The AWS Certification Preparation Guide. If you're interested in getting certified--or even just interested in learning AWS well--then I believe this is the best place for you to start.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 1:17 AM, Amrita said:

I kind of followed this guy's study plan. This guy now is a cloud guru as well. Enta kanna prep avasaram ayite ledu. You will learn a lot if you really follow this guy. August lo exam change ayyindi and i wrote after that but still almost the same. 

My Path to Solutions Architect Associate

Hello, all. I recently achieved certification as an AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, and I wanted to share my approach with those who might be interested.

I did start with a solid technical background, but I believe the following were the key activities that helped me learn AWS:

1) Watching all the videos in all five of ACloud.Guru's Associate- and Pro-level certification courses. I felt that the CSA-A course was a great overview, but the other four courses really deepened my understanding and I do think there's value in going through all of them right off the bat.

2) Doing many QwikLabs (34 labs; 10 quests; 40 hours), with determination to squeeze every last drop of learning out of each one. Before I did them, a colleague of mine had pointed out that the labs don't end when the script does, so you can keep trying out all sorts of things in that environment until the "Access Time" expires. And to maximize this leftover time available to you, you can read through the lab script before you actually start the lab. I highly recommend buying a one-month unlimited access subscription for $55 and doing as many of the quests as you can, in this way. (For more info about my use of QwikLabs, see the "Extra notes about QwikLabs", below.)

3) Spending lots of time answering questions and reading about people's experiences, on the ACloud.Guru forums. I paid particular attention to services/features that other people had trouble with, and learned about those things by reading the relevant documentation.

4) Getting hands-on and building things in AWS, such as: I built VPCs with bastions, NATs, VPC endpoints, and local-traffic-only subnets; I migrated a Wordpress web site to AWS and used RDS and both internal and external Route53 hosted zones; etc. Doing this also included reading AWS documentation about the things I was trying to do.

The mindset I've had when learning about AWS has been to try to understand things, not just memorize them. In particular, I want to understand how services and features are implemented, under the hood, and what that means for limits and gotchas. I do still think it's valuable to memorize certain important details, though--especially thresholds at which we need to switch from naive mode ("AWS does all the magic for us") into careful mode ("Avoid tripping over the leaks in the abstraction"). Some examples of these include S3 request rates and DynamoDB partitions (though I'm not sure partitions are tested at the associate level). I like this quote: "Leaky abstractions are precisely why it's important to understand what's going on at least one level below where you're working at. This has always been true of computers, whether you're working at a script level, system language level, assembly, or even hardware. Eventually something will break the abstraction".

Here are my more-traditional exam tips:

• Spot instances are good for cost optimization, even if it seems you might need to fall back to On-Demand instances if you wind up getting kicked off them and the timeline grows tighter. The primary (but still not only) factor seems to be whether you can gracefully handle instances that die on you--which is pretty much how you should always design everything, anyway!

• The term "use case" is not the same as "function" or "capability". A use case is something that your app/system will need to accomplish, not just behaviour that you will get from that service. In particular, a use case doesn't require that the service be a 100% turnkey solution for that situation, just that the service plays a valuable role in enabling it.

• There might be extra, unnecessary information in some of the questions (red herrings), so try not to get thrown off by them. Understand what services can and can't do, but don't ignore "obvious"-but-still-correct answers in favour of super-tricky ones.

• If you don't know what they're trying to ask, in a question, just move on and come back to it later (by using the helpful "mark this question" feature in the exam tool). You could easily spend way more time than you should on a single confusing question if you don't triage and move on.

• My exam questions required me to understand features and use cases of: VPC peering, cross-account access, DirectConnect, snapshotting EBS RAID arrays, DynamoDB, spot instances, Glacier, AWS/user security responsibilities, etc.

In the end, I was very pleased with my results:

Overall Score: 100%

Topic Level Scoring:

1.0 Designing highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, scalable systems : 100%

2.0 Implementation/Deployment: 100%

3.0 Security: 100%

4.0 Troubleshooting: 100%

At first I was a bit sceptical (I mean, I wasn't absolutely confident about every single answer), but an Amazon employee confirmed it: "We have reviewed your test scores and the scores are correct. Congratulations on scoring 100% across all topics and on the exam!"

Thank you to everyone who participates on these forums and to the ACloud.Guru team!

Extra notes about QwikLabs:

I'd like to clarify that none of what I described above should be considered necessary. I could have taken a different path to learning AWS and passing my exams, and you probably will. I only meant to share what I found particularly useful.

Also, while I did choose to do many QwikLabs, that should not be taken as a slight against the ACloud.Guru course labs. I got a lot of value out of watching the course labs; I just also got a lot of value out of going through dozens of diverse QwikLabs. As one example, the flexibility of EBS was really locked in for me when a QwikLab had me snapshot and create a second EBS volume to avoid re-downloading a large installer on a second EC2 instance. I binged on QwikLabs during their free promotion period, but I have since paid real money for them and would do so again--especially now that QwikLabs offers a monthly, all-you-can-use subscription.

For those who are interested in doing the same labs I did--or just knowing which they were--here is a link to my QwikLabs profile. From there, you can click on each badge to get to the associated quest and see which specific labs it includes. (Note that some of the badges look like duplicates but they are actually two different quests: an introductory one and an advanced one.) I have done a few more labs that haven't (yet) culminated in a badge, but the labs you can get to from my profile are the lion's share.

My path forward:

Since writing this post, I have also achieved additional certifications. I wrote up my experiences with those exams on these posts:

This Solutions Architect Associate certification was #1 on my path to 5/5.

I have also written a post answering many of the Frequently Asked Questions on these forums. I hope it might help you on your path.

Later edit: I wrote the above post following my SA Associate exam, in 2016, but I have since compressed all the best tips and strategies I used for all my exams into a course that shows how you, too, can succeed with AWS certifications: The AWS Certification Preparation Guide. If you're interested in getting certified--or even just interested in learning AWS well--then I believe this is the best place for you to start.

This is good info , thanks