Nara Lokesh at "Technologies For Tomorrow: A special panel discussion"

psycopk

43 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I actually never heard Lokesh speak in English. He isn't half as bad as what people describe him to be. 

English speaking is not enough 

9 minutes ago, xano917 said:

English speaking is not enough 

Not being articulate was what he was mocked for. And he seems voracious to me, based on what he spoke here. I don't know why people would claim he isn't articulate. 

1 hour ago, Pillipilla said:

Not being articulate was what he was mocked for. And he seems voracious to me, based on what he spoke here. I don't know why people would claim he isn't articulate. 

He was always well spoken. He is being portrayed as something he is actually not just because of his appearance. You can pick mistakes in everyone’s speeches. Not everyone is a great orator like Obama and even he might have had slip ups that might have gone unnoticed. Stage presence and native language may have been the issue, but even in this he was not half as bad. 

4 minutes ago, tokkalogola said:

understanding is also required..

Most non native speakers can understand others, but not speak fluently themselves is what one would think 🤔 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

He was always well spoken. He is being portrayed as something he is actually not just because of his appearance. You can pick mistakes in everyone’s speeches. Not everyone is a great orator like Obama and even he might have had slip ups that might have gone unnoticed. Stage presence and native language may have been the issue, but even in this he was not half as bad. 

He comes across as well spoken, well behaved and from a good family. But he was succesfully branded as "pappu". It is a part of political strategy perfected by Congress, now BJP and YSRCP which seeks to destroy the person reputaion of the opponent because they know they cannot compete on issues. And they have been pretty succesful because indian society in general is very ignorant with no moral framework to pick right from wrong.

41 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

We went to the same school, I am sure students picked up something there.