Can women be more educated and/or earn more in an Indian family?

DrBeta

I earn more than my other half and he has zero ego about it. At this point I earn more.  He might earn more than me at a different point in life who knows? House responsibilities equal ga share chesukuntam. Earn chesindi kooda iddari money ne. 

2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Enti No?

Indian men don't prefer women smarter than them.

sometimes women too don't prefer men who are from lower background than they are.

but if you take low income households, women are sometimes the sole bread earners in many families. upper middle classes ki vasthey ee preference kanipisthundi.

1 minute ago, Rushabhi said:

I earn more than my other half and he has zero ego about it. At this point I earn more.  He might earn more than me at a different point in life who knows? House responsibilities equal ga share chesukuntam. Earn chesindi kooda iddari money ne. 

you are an exception. generally, its not true.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

sometimes women too don't prefer men who are from lower background than they are.

but if you take low income households, women are sometimes the sole bread earners in many families. upper middle classes ki vasthey ee preference kanipisthundi.

Well you fall in my target audience then, what do you personally think?

Indra Nooyi inka ICICi bank chairwoman ila chala mandi upper middle class e ga. Do we know their husbands?

2 minutes ago, uttermost said:

you are an exception. generally, its not true.

My colleague's wife also is in the same position. She earns more and he has zero ego. Kaani household chores antha help cheyyadu. Ala Naaku telise 4 5 members unnaru

2 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Indra Nooyi inka ICICi bank chairwoman ila chala mandi upper middle class e ga. Do we know their husbands?

Indra nooyi herself spoke about the discrimination she faced while moving up the echelon.

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

Well you fall in my target audience then, what do you personally think?

personally, I don't care for all these. and its materially impossible for my wife to make more than I do. if I had to prove that I don't mind my woman making more than I do, I'll have to marry some bimbo with a rich dad.

because you see, I'm like a short and physically unattractive nerd with a lot of money. and my options are limited to the girls who show interest in me. Not the other way around. I pick the smartest girl who liked me. money was never in the equation.

personally, I don't care for all these. and its materially impossible for my wife to make more than I do. if I had to prove that I don't mind my woman making more than I do, I'll have to marry some bimbo with a rich dad.

because you see, I'm like a short and physically unattractive nerd with a lot of money. and my options are limited to the girls who show interest in me. Not the other way around. I pick the smartest girl who liked me. money was never in the equation.

A bimbo with a rich dad doesn't qualify as a women who is smarter/earns more unless she is making her own money.

3 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

My colleague's wife also is in the same position. She earns more and he has zero ego. Kaani household chores antha help cheyyadu. Ala Naaku telise 4 5 members unnaru

my father shut my mother's entire life down, and kept her home. she was a post graduate in the 80s. she found freedom after his death, and she now manages a small business and goes on world tours with her cousins.

yeah, most in family are not like my dad. but if the husband is making enormous amount of money, they normally prefer wives who are around managing the house.