Desi Autism Kid

infoseeker786

7 hours ago, infoseeker786 said:

speech and behavioral are ok but how can they improve on social skils/interactions in US.In India social skills will be  easier to learn as there will be many people to interact

Social ki inka chala time.undi.. First language skills important. Also first language English aite better. My sister's kid had mild autism. Ikkada 6 years vache varaku he attended all therapies and went to school here.. Ikkada English fluent ga nerchukunnadu. When he was 6 my sister's family relocated to Hyderabad. Now he is 9. He can speak both English and telugu and 7 varaku social skills assal lekunde but now he started playing with other kids and has a big friends circle. 

19 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Social ki inka chala time.undi.. First language skills important. Also first language English aite better. My sister's kid had mild autism. Ikkada 6 years vache varaku he attended all therapies and went to school here.. Ikkada English fluent ga nerchukunnadu. When he was 6 my sister's family relocated to Hyderabad. Now he is 9. He can speak both English and telugu and 7 varaku social skills assal lekunde but now he started playing with other kids and has a big friends circle. 

Thanks for reply bro.But social skills first nundi unte,they can also learn from friends kadha. Also at 6 will be it difficult for the kid to make friends? Other kids might ignore my nephew since he is socially awkward ?

India or US annadi matter kaadu. Environment ekkada most comfortable for the family is what matter ani naa feeling. 

Parents ikkada undi baby ni India pampiste that could lead to a worsen situation. India lo aa shaming aithe nasty. Verri pichi ilanti names vaadatru. Ekkadaina parents and kid kalisi unde laaga aithe ne better. 

Overall I think US is a better place for these kinds of situations. People are familiar with the issue, they deal with more attention, many institutions are geared towards this etc. Autistic kids get really really smart if proper care/attention is given. Maa office lo oka atanu unnadu. 40years untayi, autistic but super duper smart. Adi oka lakshanam, ademi neram ghoram kaadu ani parents feel aithe kid will automatically get the desired help. 

20 minutes ago, infoseeker786 said:

Thanks for reply bro.But social skills first nundi unte,they can also learn from friends kadha. Also at 6 will be it difficult for the kid to make friends? Other kids might ignore my nephew since he is socially awkward ?

6 year old kids don't care about awkwardness.. Actually 6 to 7 is the best time to make friends.. 3 to 6 madhyalo edo nominal gaane untundi interaction and friendship.. Anta maturity levels undavu normal kids ki kooda between 3 to 6.. Edo give or take ante..

22 minutes ago, phatposts said:

India or US annadi matter kaadu. Environment ekkada most comfortable for the family is what matter ani naa feeling. 

Parents ikkada undi baby ni India pampiste that could lead to a worsen situation. India lo aa shaming aithe nasty. Verri pichi ilanti names vaadatru. Ekkadaina parents and kid kalisi unde laaga aithe ne better. 

Overall I think US is a better place for these kinds of situations. People are familiar with the issue, they deal with more attention, many institutions are geared towards this etc. Autistic kids get really really smart if proper care/attention is given. Maa office lo oka atanu unnadu. 40years untayi, autistic but super duper smart. Adi oka lakshanam, ademi neram ghoram kaadu ani parents feel aithe kid will automatically get the desired help. 

Just curious.what autistic symptoms he show bro at 40 -like doesnt interact much with team members?

29 minutes ago, infoseeker786 said:

Just curious.what autistic symptoms he show bro at 40 -like doesnt interact much with team members?

Edanna question adigite kaasta slow gaa reply istadu. You know that he is not ignoring you but he takes few extra seconds to recollect his answer and speak that out. Vision kaasta different gaa untundi. Squint eye kaadu kaani koncham oka angle lo tala vaalchi screen choostadu. He is legally eligible to drive and all.

Oka 1 or 2 interactions tarvata you will be comfortable with him. First time you will definitely he is slightly different but this guy I like very much. 3 kids, married, work horse attitude, team's favorite guy. Ala ani addamaina panulu vaadi meeda veste narikestadu. Smart fellow. 

9 hours ago, phatposts said:

Edanna question adigite kaasta slow gaa reply istadu. You know that he is not ignoring you but he takes few extra seconds to recollect his answer and speak that out. Vision kaasta different gaa untundi. Squint eye kaadu kaani koncham oka angle lo tala vaalchi screen choostadu. He is legally eligible to drive and all.

Oka 1 or 2 interactions tarvata you will be comfortable with him. First time you will definitely he is slightly different but this guy I like very much. 3 kids, married, work horse attitude, team's favorite guy. Ala ani addamaina panulu vaadi meeda veste narikestadu. Smart fellow. 

thanks bro

19 hours ago, bharateeyudu said:

I would suggest to enroll the kid in Speech and behavioral therapy in US ASAP.

The reasons are: 
1. Even if the kid goes to India, the kid will have to come back to united states to live with the parents.  When he/she comes back he/she will be behind in learning English in comparison with other kids to attend the schools.  He/she will need special education to go to school here  to learn English.
2.  Speech therapy, behavioral therapy is not great in India.  Grandparents can pamper the kid instead of understanding the problem. Grandparents can be in denial because of social issues there and don't accept autism.
3.  Speech therapy and behavioral therapy is effective to treat mild to moderate autism. The kid will do well and by giving speech therapy in US kid will learn English, can go to school and continue speech therapy in school also.
4.  Sometimes the kid can do well on par with other kids or can exceed the other kids in terms of their speech, ability and learning capabilities once they go for speech and behavior therapy here.

Do not do the mistake of sending this kid to India.  The kid will struggle a lot once he or she comes back from India to accommodate and to learn english. It will be reinventing the circle and process coming back from India. 

Speech and behavioral therapies are covered by most health insurances.

if autism symptoms are not handle correctly, it may lead to newer problems such as aggression and self injury

there is a difference between speech delay and autism, india ki pampiste speech will be covered not aspects of autism such as sensory issue, aggressive behaviors, phobias etc

it might even be a safety hard in india, they tend to keep non food items into mouth to cater for sensory needs, india lo good poison control protocols levu, hotline ledu

I think kids need a safe environment and greater opportunities for interaction

lot of people are suggesting here for speech delay not for autism, autism is a genetic and each kid has a variety of symptoms that will not match with other kids, thats why its called spectrum

research just started identifying the root cause, Marijuana/Stem cells/FMT/Probiotics  are the most prominent treatment forms at this time, Israel is leading, US in the last spot, the system supporting autism and special needs is best in US, no other country can match the scale of government funding for special needs as US

https://www.genengnews.com/news/autisms-common-risk-genes-identified/

10 hours ago, infoseeker786 said:

most of the bad behaviors are learned to be controlled by them, you may never see them in any negative sense except lack of social behaviors and social awkwardness

the biggest negative is hyperactive brain, this is where parents need to teach them how to control and identify their thoughts

Hi . I would like to post my experience. My daughter has been diagnosed with autism at the age of 20 months . We were in denial initially . We discussed with my parents and decided not to send her to India . Services start chesamu . Improve avutundi . Ikkade aite chala services vuntayi . Maximum use cheste definite ga improvement vuntundi . It's been 5 months now . Memu okate decide ayyamu - tanaki vundo ledo diagnosis pakkana pedite maximum try cheddamani. Ipudu single words matladutundi, more eye contact .  We are happy with the way she is progressing. I don't think you will get all these services in Hyderabad except for speech therapy .  I am not sure though. But again if you have good family support back in India , that will definitely help . Maku ekkuva relatives leru. So akkadiki pampinchina use emi vundadu ani decide ayyamu. 

14 minutes ago, Googleyahoo said:

Hi . I would like to post my experience. My daughter has been diagnosed with autism at the age of 20 months . We were in denial initially . We discussed with my parents and decided not to send her to India . Services start chesamu . Improve avutundi . Ikkade aite chala services vuntayi . Maximum use cheste definite ga improvement vuntundi . It's been 5 months now . Memu okate decide ayyamu - tanaki vundo ledo diagnosis pakkana pedite maximum try cheddamani. Ipudu single words matladutundi, more eye contact .  We are happy with the way she is progressing. I don't think you will get all these services in Hyderabad except for speech therapy .  I am not sure though. But again if you have good family support back in India , that will definitely help . Maku ekkuva relatives leru. So akkadiki pampinchina use emi vundadu ani decide ayyamu. 

Thanks for the info bro.My nephew has been undergoing ABA since 4 months(28 hours per week) and speech(2 hours per week) and OT since 10 months.Ma cousin valaki ki kuda india lo ekkuva relatives leru. Between how old is your daughter now?

16 minutes ago, Googleyahoo said:

My personal opinion school age varaku ikkada unchi.. Around 6 to 7 India ki velite better.. By that time language and other sensory issues konchem control vastundi.. Social interactions and behavior with outsiders it is a lot easier to learn in India.. US lo chinnappudu ok gaani as you grow up isolate ayye chances ekkuva..