Desi Autism Kid

infoseeker786

My daughter is 26 months now . How old is your nephew ? Looks like he is getting enough services . So don't worry . Screen time avoid cheyandi. Most of the times , it is just delay in speech as well as social skills . Usual ga improve avutaru unless if it is severe autism . 

Avoid iphones/ iPads/ TV cartoons etc.. these shows talk in strange gibberish and kids can’t differentiate between real language and fake language in these shows.

1 minute ago, Googleyahoo said:

My daughter is 26 months now . How old is your nephew ? Looks like he is getting enough services . So don't worry . Screen time avoid cheyandi. Most of the times , it is just delay in speech as well as social skills . Usual ga improve avutaru unless if it is severe autism . 

My nephew is now 4 year one month bro.Diagnised when we was at 3 and undergoing services since almost an year.He is able to speak few sentences for his needs and maintains eye contact but only when he wants something.Also  he responds to commands.Also he has habit of stretching his hands whenever he is excited.Social skills ante he is doing parallel play now with other kids and is able to share things.But not completely playing with kids 

India pampinchatam anedi subjective .  Like I said , ekkuva interaction vuntundi anipiste definite ga good option . But ledu anukunte not worth it . My Son was in India for 3 years . He is bilingual now . Ma father chala important role play chesaru . Daily morning evening bayataki teesukellevaru. Ekkadiki vellina teesukellevaru . Helped a lot . Chala interaction vundedi ma son ki with others including my dad's friends . My dad and my son were like friends . Unfortunately that is not the situation now and hence I don't think I can take my daughter to India . So we have decided to provide her with all the services available here 

6 minutes ago, Googleyahoo said:

India pampinchatam anedi subjective .  Like I said , ekkuva interaction vuntundi anipiste definite ga good option . But ledu anukunte not worth it . My Son was in India for 3 years . He is bilingual now . Ma father chala important role play chesaru . Daily morning evening bayataki teesukellevaru. Ekkadiki vellina teesukellevaru . Helped a lot . Chala interaction vundedi ma son ki with others including my dad's friends . My dad and my son were like friends . Unfortunately that is not the situation now and hence I don't think I can take my daughter to India . So we have decided to provide her with all the services available here 

My cousin want to enroll him in a play school in India so that the kid can have more social l exposure.So what is your opinion bro.We are seeing this autism issue only because the kids had not much social interactions and exposure at young age right?Had they stayed in india for couple of years since birth they would have been fine?Doctors here say its is genetic 

This is my sister's son's story. I posted this in another thread a few months ago. Posting it here again for your info..

At 3 the doctors diagnosed my sister's son as autistic because he had repetitive behaviors and he was not talking. After that he was in lots and lots of therapies for 3 years Speech, ABA and OT. Now he is talking well and his repetitive behaviors have greatly reduced.. He is very intelligent and very ahead in school in math and English. but in some ways he is still different. He doesn't make a lot of eye contact and he wants everything organized. He likes only some colors and foods etc.. My sister and bro in law went back to India for good last year.. In India no one cares about these things and he has improved a lot with playing with other kids and social behavior. He started speaking telugu too. Now he is 8 and only if you really observe him very closely you can tell that he is different, otherwise people will just think that he is a shy kid. On the flip side he is very bright and intelligent. He memorized the whole table of elements and symbols in chemistry at 8.. . With right therapies most of the kids on the spectrum will turn out fine by the time they are around 7 or 8 but they need a lot of attention between 2 to 6/7..

9 hours ago, infoseeker786 said:

My cousin want to enroll him in a play school in India so that the kid can have more social l exposure.So what is your opinion bro.We are seeing this autism issue only because the kids had not much social interactions and exposure at young age right?Had they stayed in india for couple of years since birth they would have been fine?Doctors here say its is genetic 

Genetic ante family history unte, it passes on. I am not saying only autism, but other mental issues too. Grand parents lo unna pass ayipothundhi. Sometimes it skips a generation too. Andhuke atu yedu tharalu itu yedu tharalu choodalantaru.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:30 AM, infoseeker786 said:

speech and behavioral are ok but how can they improve on social skils/interactions in US.In India social skills will be  easier to learn as there will be many people to interact

Once speech and behavioral therapy ippisthe social skills improve avutayi, dont have to worry about social skills. Behavioral therapy helps to improve social skills.

One of my neighbour son has autism. He doesn't communicate at all and he is 6 or 7 years old. 

Based on what you mentioned , he is able to speak one or 2 sentences that is good.

My suggestion is to take him to India in April to May as kids will be having summer holidays . Stay there for summer holidays and he will get chance to interact with kids and also socialize. Once school starts you dont get that chance. If you see any improvement stay there otherwise come back in May and start therapy here. 2 months doesn't matter and if you feel you miss therapy here take speech therapy in India. 

4 hours ago, AnthegaAnthega said:

One of my neighbour son has autism. He doesn't communicate at all and he is 6 or 7 years old. 

Based on what you mentioned , he is able to speak one or 2 sentences that is good.

My suggestion is to take him to India in April to May as kids will be having summer holidays . Stay there for summer holidays and he will get chance to interact with kids and also socialize. Once school starts you dont get that chance. If you see any improvement stay there otherwise come back in May and start therapy here. 2 months doesn't matter and if you feel you miss therapy here take speech therapy in India. 

thanks bro

In my experience, Better have kid here as soon you realize whether its developmental delays or special needs. Problem kids will be the same either in India or USA. its just a myth , he will get better. It can be overwhelming with their situation to process information. First option if you are in a good school district use public shool special needs education. Send to Speech and OT privately in parallel. If insurance covers ABA , use them. Give him help when needed with max therapies. One day everything will come together between 6 to 8.  Just accepting as parents will be hardest part. Just accept them and you will enjoy with them. All the stress in the end will not worth it.  Now a days its a common problem among everyone irrespective of region.  

After kid is grown up and is 4 and if you send him to india and if you stay here it can negatively impact him too. If its under 3 they wont remember that much .