Dublin man left furious after girlfriend’s accused murderers granted bail in India

desiboys

Andrew Jordan has slammed the Indian justice system as "a farce"

Dublin native Andrew Jordan, 42, has slammed the Indian justice system as “a farce” after the two men accused of brutally murdering his girlfriend Liga Skromane were released on bail.

In 2018, Skromane, a native of Latvia who had been living with her longtime boyfriend Andrew Jordan in Ireland, was found dead after she disappeared in India. She had been attending a wellness retreat where she was receiving PTSD treatment with her sister in the Indian state of Kerala.

Skromane, 33, was reported missing on March 14, 2018. Her body was found 40 days later, beheaded and hanging from a tree not far from where she was last seen. Police believe Skromane had been drugged and raped prior to her gruesome death.

Jordan told the Mail Online: “although Liga went missing on March 14, I don't think she was killed until early April."

"The official police theory is that she was killed the day she disappeared, but I showed photos of her remains to independent forensic scientists and they told me that the state of decomposition looked like she had been dead for 20 to 25 days, 30 days at the very most - not 40 days as police contest.”

An investigation led to the arrest of two men, known only by their first names Umesh and Udayan, who were charged with first-degree murder and rape. The men have been released on bail until a trial date is set.