Apple Reports 2Q 2019 Results: $11.56B Profit on $58B Revenue as Services Revenue Hits All-Time High

tacobell fan

Apple today announced financial results for the second fiscal quarter of 2019, which corresponds to the first calendar quarter of the year. 

For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $58.0 billion and net quarterly profit of $11.6 billion, or $2.46 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $61.1 billion and net quarterly profit of $13.8 billion, or $2.73 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. 

Gross margin for the quarter was 37.6 percent, compared to 38.3 percent in the year-ago quarter, with international sales accounting for 61 percent of revenue. Apple also declared an increased quarterly dividend payment of $0.77 per share, up from $0.73. The dividend is payable on May 16 to shareholders of record as of May 13. 

In addition to the increase in the dividend payment, Apple says it has authorized another $75 billion for share repurchases. 

Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-4.37.10-PM-800

This is the second quarter since Apple changed the way it reports its results, with the company no longer providing unit sales data for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. As a result, Apple is only providing revenue figures for its various segments, leaving analysts to estimate unit sales based on their own calculations.

“Our March quarter results show the continued strength of our installed base of over 1.4 billion active devices, as we set an all-time record for Services, and the strong momentum of our Wearables, Home and Accessories category, which set a new March quarter record,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We delivered our strongest iPad growth in six years, and we are as excited as ever about our pipeline of innovative hardware, software and services. We’re looking forward to sharing more with developers and customers at Apple’s 30th annual Worldwide Developers Conference in June.”

Apple's guidance for the third quarter of fiscal 2019 includes expected revenue of $52.5-54.5 billion and gross margin between 37 and 38 percent. 

Apple will provide live streaming of its fiscal Q2 2019 financial results conference call at 2:00 PM Pacific.

1 hour ago, Prince_Fan said:

Odiyamma oka quarter lo 58 billion aa...ante almost double to Microsoft...last quarter lo 30 billion report chesaam from Microsoft

Tim Cook on Services: These are not hobbies 

2 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Bought 20 calls 207.5 , hopefully stock Price goes up by the time i sell in the morning 

Kummeyi repu 210 to 212 avvudi emo

1 hour ago, iddaritho said:

Bought 20 calls 207.5 , hopefully stock Price goes up by the time i sell in the morning 

entha pettav bro

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

entha pettav bro

Not a good investment , bought at 6400 dollars , hopefully if the same price remains or go up should make around 10 k Profit

Just now, iddaritho said:

Not a good investment , bought at 6400 dollars , hopefully if the same price remains or go up should make around 10 k Profit

:3D_Smiles:

3 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Eyi kummesav ga

Risk chesav bane

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

:3D_Smiles:

I used to do really good options , especially last year , i should i have invested today , the profits would have been great ,  i was little too early 

1 minute ago, iddaritho said:

I used to do really good options , especially last year , i should i have invested today , the profits would have been great ,  i was little too early 

naku kuda teach cheyyi bro

22 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

naku kuda teach cheyyi bro

Unfortunately , you have to learn , Get an account , look for stocks which are good and invest , don't trust any one with your money 

No one will take good care of your money other than you 

8 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Unfortunately , you have to learn , Get an account , look for stocks which are good and invest , don't trust any one with your money 

Naa friend ilane stock options meeda $50k lost. He seemed confident when he started but over 8 month period he lost $50k without realizing what he is getting into. 

8 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Which stock account is better or you prefer ? 

Right now i m using Robinhood but it sukz 

51 minutes ago, Allarinaresh10 said:

Which stock account is better or you prefer ? 

Right now i m using Robinhood but it sukz 

Nenu bhi robinhood vaduthunna.. emi issues levu... why it sukz for you?