After Asansol Violence, Babul Supriyo Says Officer Stage-Managed Voting....okappudu veedi songs ki fan ni now he is behaving like lucha

bhaigan

KOLKATA: 

BJP leader and Union Minister Babul Supriyo on Tuesday denied allegations of threatening election officials at a voting booth in West Bengal during the fourth phase of the Lok Sabha election, and accused the presiding officer of stage-managing the polling process.

"When I entered the booth, I caught the Presiding Officer standing right behind the EVM. He would have protested if I were wrong. I warned him and said that he was a government officer and should behave like one and do his duty accordingly," the BJP leader told news agency ANI.

After reports of Mr Supriyo's altercation with poll officials, the Election Commission directed the police to file a case against him.

The Union Minister allegedly entered the voting booth without permission and got into an argument with polling officials, following which Trinamool Congress supporters vandalised his vehicle. Photos of the incident showed the rear windows of the car smashed.

"The windows adjacent to electronic voting machine (EVM) were open. People from outside could actually see what is going on inside the booth. The entire set up was wrong. We had the information about all this," Mr Supriyo said.

Workers of the BJP and Trinamool Congress clashed outside a polling station in Barabani after the BJP activists demanded that the voting process be continued only after central forces came to the spot.