• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrBeta

• Staysafebro

• riashli

• MagaMaharaju

16 minutes ago, JambuLingam said:

Post the questions ra beta

Assuming all the female population is divided into groups, would you say that being stupid encompasses all these groups and is the characteristic requirement of a female? Would you still stick with the assumption that rich, ugly, stupid is one group and poor, beautiful, stupid is another group that is independent of each other? Instead of a Gaussian distribution, would you say that stochastic distribution is probably likely  making a very rare population of beauty and brains? 

9 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Assuming all the female population is divided into groups, would you say that being stupid encompasses all these groups and is the characteristic requirement of a female? Would you still stick with the assumption that rich, ugly, stupid is one group and poor, beautiful, stupid is another group that is independent of each other? Instead of a Gaussian distribution, would you say that stochastic distribution is probably likely  making a very rare population of beauty and brains? 

Areyy nee kosen endhira dinosaur madda antha podugu undi

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

In short, is beauty and brains a myth?

Nuv unnav ga beauty with brains amongst female population 

14 hours ago, DrBeta said:

@DrBeta can we put something like intelligence on a curve? I mean standardized tests do put them and I bet it will show up as right skewed, but is it even right? Women in general have been selected for their beauty rather than their brains. From an evolutionary perspective, the general female population doesn’t have the same mean as men. It is actually lower which is fair enough as they are selected based on other criteria. The beauty of a woman has its own worth. An intelligent woman is perceived to be not attractive even if she physically is. Now coming to intelligence, it is something that is built on a base. Most of the time this base is inherited and what the individual does in their life time will add to what is already there- something similar to a Markov process. Even here women tend to start at a lower base than men. Their peak intelligence never tends to match the same level of men - assuming similar growing conditions. 

4 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

@DrBeta can we put something like intelligence on a curve? I mean standardized tests do put them and I bet it will show up as right skewed, but is it even right? Women in general have been selected for their beauty rather than their brains. From an evolutionary perspective, the general female population doesn’t have the same mean as men. It is actually lower which is fair enough as they are selected based on other criteria. The beauty of a woman has its own worth. An intelligent woman is perceived to be not attractive even if she physically is. Now coming to intelligence, it is something that is built on a base. Most of the time this base is inherited and what the individual does in their life time will add to what is already there- something similar to a Markov process. Even here women tend to start at a lower base than men. Their peak intelligence never tends to match the same level of men - assuming similar growing conditions. 

Would you say that there is a scientific evidence for women being evolutionarily less intelligent than men or is that merely your perception?

22 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Would you say that there is a scientific evidence for women being evolutionarily less intelligent than men or is that merely your perception?

There is evidence that there are more beautiful women than  handsome men. There is also evidence that there are more intelligent men and fewer intelligent women. Intelligent women have been/ are being bred out. It is like kale and cabbage. Both come from the same plant- One has been bred to be kale and the other has been bred to be cabbage. 

9 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

There is evidence that there are more beautiful women than  handsome men. There is also evidence that there are more intelligent men and fewer intelligent women. Intelligent women have been/ are being bred out. It is like kale and cabbage. Both come from the same plant- One has been bred to be kale and the other has been bred to be cabbage. 

I like kale better than cabbage anyway. Jokes apart, I am talking about evolutionarily evidence. What makes women "less intelligent" as you call it? We can divide this into cognitive ability, behavioral differences and psychological evaluation. Would this help? https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html 

My point is, despite the general perception that women are less intelligent than men, I am wondering if there is an evolutionary advantage for men to have better cognitive abilities when compared to women? If that's not the case, are the differences because of the statistical differences in the samples sizes hightened by this perception making women less inclined to pursue degrees that require more cognitive capabilities?

Coming to your point about beauty, I am a strong believer of beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. So I wouldn't argue that either men or women are more or less handsome/beautiful.