New construction on existing foundation

kuduvu

patha 1940 lo kattina illu ni full gutted/demolish chesi...only foundation unchi...extend chesi....complete brand new construction from foundation up chesthe tiskocha..

brand new construction in the area is 75k higher than this house...

pro's and con's em untayi...

the structural engineer already checked and verified foundation is good....emantaru

malli nenu amminappudu year built in MLS emani pettochu...is it 1940 or 2019?

You can probably build identical house. If you want to extend, build up 2 stories it might require lot of tweaks and needs approvals from City as well. I don't think you will save a lot if you do a lot of tweaks for current foudation. Rather new foundation to support the new layout is the way to go. 

better to go with old foundation as structural engineer already confirmed it is good.

When you build the house through contractor, you get good upgrade options and you get to choose the quality. 

14 hours ago, kuduvu said:

patha 1940 lo kattina illu ni full gutted/demolish chesi...only foundation unchi...extend chesi....complete brand new construction from foundation up chesthe tiskocha..

the structural engineer already checked and verified foundation is good....emantaru

It will show as 1940 but renovated or reconstructed in 2019 

14 hours ago, kuduvu said:

Kallu musukunni konavachu if you want to stay there for long term.

I dont know about highlighted though 

15 hours ago, kuduvu said:

neighborhood around such old homes may not be a good community for your family due to lack of young children, too many old people living, lack of community facilities, perception of lack of prosperity, resellability

if it was 150k or more, then i would think as i am saving a lot, not worth for 75k

spending anything on repairing is always a bigger pain than buying new

the ecosystem of people around home building/selling does not need to suggest you for your best interests

spend more and get the home at once than having a headache of uncertainties around building new home on existing foundation

building home yourselves is not suitable for us in IT/Working field, local ga undi business chesukuni americans ki workout aitademo due to their local network/community/church

5 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

neighborhood around such old homes may not be a good community for your family due to lack of young children, too many old people living, lack of community facilities, perception of lack of prosperity, resellability

if it was 150k or more, then i would think as i am saving a lot, not worth for 75k

spending anything on repairing is always a bigger pain than buying new

the ecosystem of people around home building/selling does not need to suggest you for your best interests

spend more and get the home at once than having a headache of uncertainties around building new home on existing foundation

building home yourselves is not suitable for us in IT/Working field, local ga undi business chesukuni americans ki workout aitademo due to their local network/community/church

im not building myself...this builder is selling a home like this...so asking if we can buy this kind of properties or not...