Who Shaped this current IT Situation and Our Life in USA

dasari

1 hour ago, dasari said:

Friends,

we are in USA, doing good jobs and probably earning good as well... 

in fact Indians (specially south Indians) known for strong technical skills and took major part to shape current IT world ... 

but what was the roots for all this?...why Indians (south Indians specially from AP, TS, TN, KA) are major workforce in IT?

in my opinion, we should be competing for lecture jobs , DSC notification or Bank jobs, if none of the below was happens...

1. Our Family System - Parents forcing us to be Engineer or Doctor, and they will suffer and support you until you become either one of them. (Family Support - this is lacking in most of the US families).
  2. Immigration Act of 1990 -  Origins of H1b. 
  3. Y2K BUG - this is the turning point - major opportunity for lot of Indian engineers
  4. Indian Companies Contribution - in my opinion two companies should get credit
    1. Infosys (Established in 1981) 
    2. Satyam Computer Services (Established in 1989) -- (even though it is failed now, but it was path breaking for many companies...I APPRECIATE SATYAM EFFORTS IN  INDIAN IT FIELD) 
  5. Local Governments - irrespective of controversies our local governments has done good jobs as well..
    1. CBN - gave good support for IT, Hi-tech city and spread the awareness
    2. YSR - made every common man engineer. Now at least 1 out 10 become IT Professional because of his fee reimbursement.  (US is lacking this support in higher educations)
    3. S M Krishna - he did his best job to make the Bangalore as silicon valley.

these are my thoughts about Current IT situation and reasons of our presence in USA...

Agreed

5 minutes ago, jpismahatma said:

You forgot main people.. and remembering side kicks... Narasimha rao, man Mohan singh..

They did good for entire Indian economy not specific to IT

10 minutes ago, dasari said:

Thanks drbeta for reminding this story again ..when I was 11 years old I did attend Telugu essay writing competition  conducted by Rama Krishna mission.  I wrote this same story (vivekanandha chicago vupanyasaalu) and got second prize...

good old days ..now remembering because of you. Thanks again 

24 minutes ago, dasari said:

They did good for entire Indian economy not specific to IT

Cbn did not bring regulations.. he was early man..when mms thought about it..and the options.. it would bring to India ...even hitec city was not started by  cbn.   It was not mms or Pv we would not have developed this much...

37 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Baavi loni kappas all IT people are

Technology is the future!

Every single field under this sky needs it and uses it - directly or indirectly.

4 minutes ago, MobileMusic said:

Technology is the future!

Every single field under this sky needs it and uses it - directly or indirectly.

Lol, I would put science beyond anything. So, physics, chemistry and biology are way ahead of information technology. 

South India is more literate and less impoverished compared to North.

India is the 2nd largest English-speaking country in the world (after USA) and Indians have no language barriers compared to other countries like China, Japan, Philippines, etc. who are more traditional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

https://www.google.com/search?q=largest+english-speaking+countries

Indians are highly competitive and desperate for success due to over-population and limited resources. You hear all the indecent honking - it is due to the over-crowding and everyone wants to get there first - it's a RAT RACE !! No honking in countries with scarce population.

It is probably the spicy food (and no red meat) we eat that make us more nerdy and techy compared to Americans who are mostly "country" and not cut out for technology. We can speak fast and understand fast speaking by others. Americans cannot understand when someone speaks fast and they ask to slow down because their attention span is poor.

4 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Lol, I would put science beyond anything. So, physics, chemistry and biology are way ahead of information technology. 

Sure, Technology is the cool new kid on the block!

Watch out...