Sublease problem in bayarea

lacumba

I rented my 1 bedroom apartment and a desi lady teacher occupied it. I wanted someone for 2 months to occupy the place because my lease ends after two months on August 31. The lady said she would need it for 2 months and occupied at the beginning of this month. Now she said it is emergency and would leave at the end of this month. I asked to leave right away if it is an emergency, so I could find some one else immediately. She would not tell me her last date. She is saying she already paid till end of month. While that is true, I gave it to her thinking she would stay for two months. 

She does not respond or answer my calls to talk. I want to get rid of her. She is not on lease. If I contact apartment security and try to get her out of apartment, can she still complain to cops about me.  

I think that she lied she would need it for two months because I would not give her the apartment if she said it is for 1 month. Should I just wait till end of month and wait for her to get out instead? I am worried she would just continue to stay without paying. 

2 minutes ago, lacumba said:

I rented my 1 bedroom apartment and a desi lady teacher occupied it. I wanted someone for 2 months to occupy the place because my lease ends after two months on August 31. The lady said she would need it for 2 months and occupied at the beginning of this month. Now she said it is emergency and would leave at the end of this month. I asked to leave right away if it is an emergency, so I could find some one else immediately. She would not tell me her last date. She is saying she already paid till end of month. While that is true, I gave it to her thinking she would stay for two months. 

She does not respond or answer my calls to talk. I want to get rid of her. She is not on lease. If I contact apartment security and try to get her out of apartment, can she still complain to cops about me.  

I think that she lied she would need it for two months because I would not give her the apartment if she said it is for 1 month. 

one month deposit and advance tisukoledha raja ?

court ki vellina neeke punch paduthundhi, I saw one of those cases where a guy was threat to owner who stays in same apartment.

ichindhe chillar fook beram malla dhaanlo cops/security ni pilsudu, throwing her out anta... things happen man, I think she had some emergency like she said. Let it be and look for someone else for the last month or eat up the cost 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xano917 said:

one month deposit and advance tisukoledha raja ?

court ki vellina neeke punch paduthundhi, I saw one of those cases where a guy was threat to owner who stays in same apartment.

Deposit tiskoledu.  Only two months ani

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

ichindhe chillar fook beram malla dhaanlo cops/security ni pilsudu, throwing her out anta... things happen man, I think she had some emergency like she said. Let it be and look for someone else for the last month or eat up the cost 

bay area rents ki humanity takes back seat .

Just now, xano917 said:

bay area rents ki humanity takes back seat .

nothing to do with humanity... just plain common sense... sub lease annadhi if the apartment people are not involved, its purely a hit or miss thing... there is nothing like a bound contract for someone to obey

Just now, lacumba said:

Deposit tiskoledu.  Only two months ani

Talk to her get someone as sharing basis in that ... you might save part of your loss. 

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

Emergency antundi kani month end varaku unde veltanu antundi.. 

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

nothing to do with humanity... just plain common sense... sub lease annadhi if the apartment people are not involved, its purely a hit or miss thing... there is nothing like a bound contract for someone to obey

$2500 rents man...

7 minutes ago, lacumba said:

I think that she lied she would need it for two months because I would not give her the apartment if she said it is for 1 month. Should I just wait till end of month and wait for her to get out instead? I am worried she would just continue to stay without paying. 

You can't do anything legally in this case. If you try to get her evicted on the grounds of her trespassing your property, the matter will go to court and you will be in trouble for even sub-letting the apartment to her( as subletting is illegal in the Bay Area). 

Consider this a lesson learned and move on. 

5 hours ago, lacumba said:

I rented my 1 bedroom apartment and a desi lady teacher occupied it. I wanted someone for 2 months to occupy the place because my lease ends after two months on August 31. The lady said she would need it for 2 months and occupied at the beginning of this month. Now she said it is emergency and would leave at the end of this month. I asked to leave right away if it is an emergency, so I could find some one else immediately. She would not tell me her last date. She is saying she already paid till end of month. While that is true, I gave it to her thinking she would stay for two months. 

She has no emergency. She wants to stay for 2 months but pay you for just 1 month. Even if you go to court or start eviction process, it could take weeks and she knows it! It’s a gone case.

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

Subletting is actually illegal in the Bay Area. I know because I have personal experience with a situation like this, he's on his own if he "sublet" it to someone else. That itself is a violation of the contractual terms he has with the apartment management. 

If he read his lease, he would have clearly seen on the lease that subletting is illegal and he is responsible for anything the subletter does to the apartment. 

Just now, lacumba said:

Emergency antundi kani month end varaku unde veltanu antundi.. 

emergency is common sollu, but you cannot force her force chesthey law neeku punch isthundhi. Just work it out .

deposit tisukoledu kabatti its your stupidity .