Sublease problem in bayarea

lacumba

Just now, MobileMusic said:

She wants to stay for 2 months but pay you only for just 1 month. Even if you go to court or start eviction process, it could take weeks and she knows it.

He will lose more if he goes to the court, since the management of the apartment could sue him as well if he agrees to have given it to someone else breaching the terms of his contract. 

Unnadi poye unchukunnadi poye avutundi if you go to court, best to let it go and suck it up. 

• Haha 1

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Subletting is actually illegal in the Bay Area. I know because I have personal experience with a situation like this, he's on his own if he "sublet" it to someone else. That itself is a violation of the contractual terms he has with the apartment management. 

If he read his lease, he would have clearly seen on the lease that subletting is illegal and he is responsible for anything the subletter does to the apartment. 

ok naku aa matter idea ledu about sublease but general common sense tho cheppina anthe... he cant do anything in this case... let her stay for one month and look for someone else for the last month okkate option makes sense to me

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

ok naku aa matter idea ledu about sublease but general common sense tho cheppina anthe... he cant do anything in this case... let her stay for one month and look for someone else for the last month okkate option makes sense to me

How to Sublet Legally in California

Posted by Roger Graham | Checked for accuracy and updated August 21st, 2017

The Bottom Line: According to California law you must receive written consent from your landlord prior to subletting, and if your lease says no subletting, then that really means no subletting. The rules are different for San Francisco, where tenants have more subletting rights.

https://flip.lease/tutorials/how-to-sublet-legally-in-california

Simple google search bhayya. 

@OP, what does your lease say? 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Subletting is actually illegal in the Bay Area. I know because I have personal experience with a situation like this, he's on his own if he "sublet" it to someone else. That itself is a violation of the contractual terms he has with the apartment management. 

If he read his lease, he would have clearly seen on the lease that subletting is illegal and he is responsible for anything the subletter does to the apartment. 

Unless it is a state law, it may depend on the apartment. Some apartments allow to sublet but charge a fee.

3 minutes ago, MobileMusic said:

She wants to stay for 2 months but pay you only for just 1 month. Even if you go to court or start eviction process, it could take weeks and she knows it.

Ala cheyaru man ... 1 month untadhi ... Thanaki varey location lo apartment vadu waiting time untundgu so appati varaku ekada 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

He will lose more if he goes to the court, since the management of the apartment could sue him as well if he agrees to have given it to someone else breaching the terms of his contract. 

Unnadi poye unchukunnadi poye avutundi if you go to court, best to let it go and suck it up. 

Yeah it is my stupidity... Lesson learnt.

Just now, MobileMusic said:

Unless it is a state law, it may depend on the apartment. Some apartments allow to sublet but charge a fee.

I doubt the OP took that route before subletting. It seems more like a trust issue, and he just happened to trust the sublease person's word for it. 

15 minutes ago, lacumba said:

I rented my 1 bedroom apartment and a desi lady teacher occupied it. I wanted someone for 2 months to occupy the place because my lease ends after two months on August 31. The lady said she would need it for 2 months and occupied at the beginning of this month. Now she said it is emergency and would leave at the end of this month. I asked to leave right away if it is an emergency, so I could find some one else immediately. She would not tell me her last date. She is saying she already paid till end of month. While that is true, I gave it to her thinking she would stay for two months. 

She does not respond or answer my calls to talk. I want to get rid of her. She is not on lease. If I contact apartment security and try to get her out of apartment, can she still complain to cops about me.  

I think that she lied she would need it for two months because I would not give her the apartment if she said it is for 1 month. Should I just wait till end of month and wait for her to get out instead? I am worried she would just continue to stay without paying. 

Desi is always a desi . if you behave as a desi and treat a desi with a desi mentaility desi punches will return to you as a desi. 

Who ever renting doesn't have 100% right to stay unless if its in a written form or sublease. EVen if tenant doesn't pay next month and want to stay . you cannot do her anything if there is not written form or sublease form. You leased the apartment. you risked it to save couple of dollars with out breaking the lease in the middle. you have to deal with it . After August as your lease ends , No one has right to stay in that apartment. 

If you want to behave like a cheated person, you can call the cops anytime staying outside of your home and complain on tenant. Even though she gave money or money transactioned happened on any form you have 100% right to stay . Cops will give her 30 mins time to vacate the place right away in a smooth way. 

we are desi proud to be desi 

Just now, lacumba said:

Yeah it is my stupidity... Lesson learnt.

It's okay I learned my lesson too a long time ago like this. Anduke experience tho cheptunna of course my situation was pretty benign to be honest. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

I doubt the OP took that route before subletting. It seems more like a trust issue, and he just happened to trust the sublease person's word for it. 

My apartment does not allow. 

5 minutes ago, sameer1384 said:

Desi is always a desi . if you behave as a desi and treat a desi with a desi mentaility desi punches will return to you as a desi. 

Who ever renting doesn't have 100% right to stay unless if its in a written form or sublease. EVen if tenant doesn't pay next month and want to stay . you cannot do her anything if there is not written form or sublease form. You leased the apartment. you risked it to save couple of dollars with out breaking the lease in the middle. you have to deal with it . After August as your lease ends , No one has right to stay in that apartment. 

If you want to behave like a cheated person, you can call the cops anytime staying outside of your home and complain on tenant. Even though she gave money or money transactioned happened on any form you have 100% right to stay . Cops will give her 30 mins time to vacate the place right away in a smooth way. 

we are desi proud to be desi 

Ame email lo acknowledge chesindi, next month ki rent pay chestanu, 2 months untanu ani.

Just now, lacumba said:

Ame email lo acknowledge chesindi, next month ki rent pay chestanu, 2 months untanu ani.

If it is not notarized , that doesn't work 

Handle with care. You cannot harass any tenant by calling multiple times and keeping an email till she responds. If she took it serious , it will backfire very badly. 
Fortunately certain laws are very favour to women . They don't do proper justice to the situation