Sublease problem in bayarea

lacumba

14 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

He will lose more if he goes to the court, since the management of the apartment could sue him as well if he agrees to have given it to someone else breaching the terms of his contract. 

Unnadi poye unchukunnadi poye avutundi if you go to court, best to let it go and suck it up. 

I dont want to go to court. My lease ends next month. She is not on the lease, if I call cops on her, can it backfire on me?

Just now, lacumba said:

I dont want to go to court. My lease ends next month. She is not on the lease, if I call cops on her, can it backfire on me?

It would backfire on you. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

It would backfire on you. 

Did you move to Dallas? I thought you were going to ping me once you are in town and settled down?

Just now, lacumba said:

How bhayya? Ame lease lo ledu. So apartment nadi kada. 

You are not the owner of the apartment, you have leased the apartment as well. The terms of the lease clearly indicate that you can't sublease the apartment. However you did that, so you broke the law. 

If you call the police, you have to give a reason saying that she's illegally trespassing on a property that you have leased. If she has proof that she paid you the amount she paid you, she can use that indicate that you have taken the money from her. Taking the money from her promising a service(in this case leasing your apartment to her) and failing to deliver it, will make you the culprit here. 

She broke the law as well by subleasing a property however you have willfully done the same. If you call the police, don't expect them to throw her out of the house. Google "squatter's law". She can take you to court and sue in small claims court, and you will lose a 100%. If you still want to go ahead and call the cops, go ahead. 

4 minutes ago, lacumba said:

How bhayya? Ame lease lo ledu. So apartment nadi kada. 

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/squatters-rights-law-california-45887.html

Evicting a dedicated squatter could be a lengthy process. In an attempt to delay eviction, squatters have been known to present authentic-looking leases or ownership documents to authorities when confronted. In some cases, property owners have given squatters cash payments to move out.

You are not the owner of the apartment, you have leased the apartment as well. The terms of the lease clearly indicate that you can't sublease the apartment. However you did that, so you broke the law. 

If you call the police, you have to give a reason saying that she's illegally trespassing on a property that you have leased. If she has proof that she paid you the amount she paid you, she can use that indicate that you have taken the money from her. Taking the money from her promising a service(in this case leasing your apartment to her) and failing to deliver it, will make you the culprit here. 

She broke the law as well by subleasing a property however you have willfully done the same. If you call the police, don't expect them to throw her out of the house. Google "squatter's law". She can take you to court and sue in small claims court, and you will lose a 100%. If you still want to go ahead and call the cops, go ahead. 

No I want to stay out of trouble. Anduke db lo post chesa. I will suck it up... i guess. Dhanyavadalu.... andariki for replying.....

2 minutes ago, lacumba said:

you cannot call to cops if you sub-lease the apartment in a written form or  thru the property management. 

you can call to cops after August 5 , if 1. she doesn't pay rent or not leaving the home. 

You have 100% right if you didn't lease for her and if you pay the August rent. 

Cops will resolve in 30 mins. 

When you call the cops tell that it is not emergency but its a critical situation and make sure you pay the August rent by that time  and have certain proofs you messaged and email  to her. Have proofs ready. Before you call the police , go to her and give one day time to leave the apartment other wise you are going to take a further step by calling police. make it a amicable  . Even if she didn't react or reply then you have 100% right on your apartment by styaing outside of your apartment. 

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/squatters-rights-law-california-45887.html

Evicting a dedicated squatter could be a lengthy process. In an attempt to delay eviction, squatters have been known to present authentic-looking leases or ownership documents to authorities when confronted. In some cases, property owners have given squatters cash payments to move out.

@lacumba Read that article carefully. She can sue you in small claims court if you call the cops on her, and you will most definitely lose. If she can prove it was actually a personal emergency that made her not stay for 2 months, you will have to pay her in return. cheppa ga unnadi poye, unchukunnadi poye ani

1 minute ago, lacumba said:

No I want to stay out of trouble. Anduke db lo post chesa. I will suck it up... i guess. Dhanyavadalu.... andariki for replying.....

Yeah andariki bokkalu paddayi bhayya ee situations lo if it makes you feel any better. A friend of mine lost close to 6k in San Francisco in a situation like this, pedda la**da lo place adi as far as renting is concerned. Astronomical rents and on top of that ilanti laws malli