Next big industry in Tech

tennisluvr

Just now, k2s said:

2010’s to 2020’s is cloud era... so any one who owns cloud will be millionaires. 

Billionaires bro, they already established themselves. 

It's the same big 3 though, Amazon, Microsoft and Google that dominate more than 95% of the market share. 

Plus 2020 is in one year, lets talk 20 years from now. 

Will the inviduals like Bezos, Zuckerberg etc still continue to be in the top 5 wealthiest individuals. 

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

80s lo digital revolution, PC etc made Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc billionaires

90s lo eCommerce e.g, Amazon made Jeff Bezos world's richest man in modern history

00s lo social media revolution created Mark Zuckerberg

10s lo Electric car revolution made Elon Musk a billionaire

Barring the top industries, what do you think will be the next big industry in the coming decades? 

Would the top individuals continue to rule for the next 40-50 years, since they have the means to hire the best brains in town to further their research into things like AI and ML etc. Or would there be a new player on the horizon? If so what do you think that industry will be. 

Kastha intellectual disco, vuuu. Kwalling all the intellectuals of DB. 

Uber, Airbnb. 

Just now, pittagoda said:

Uber, Airbnb. 

Doubt that. They are already losing money plus once self driving cars become common there's no incentive to use Uber/Lyft. Airbnb might continue to make money but it's kinda saturated right now, I think they have hit their peak. 

The next big thing is going to be a biomedical revolution, maybe nanobots for treatment etc instead of using drugs. That's where I believe the next billionaire is going to emerge from. 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Billionaires bro, they already established themselves. 

It's the same big 3 though, Amazon, Microsoft and Google that dominate more than 95% of the market share. 

Plus 2020 is in one year, lets talk 20 years from now. 

Will the inviduals like Bezos, Zuckerberg etc still continue to be in the top 5 wealthiest individuals. 

My guess is there will be more millionaires than 1-2 billionaires. Peanut spread of those billions into millions. Idi latest trend

Just now, k2s said:

My guess is there will be more millionaires than 1-2 billionaires. Peanut spread of those billions into millions. Idi latest trend

In that case, the ones at the top will continue to be at the top for a hundred years since their stronghold will be firm. 

In twenty years, I see the trend reversing. 

For example, Amazon may not survive the same way it is now. Or even Walmart. I believe all these corporations have become so big and complex that they will split into many small companies, one main reason would be availability of technology very cheap and ready made products. 

All big corporations today became big by buying out the smaller companies and twenty years from now, I see these companies splitting into smaller groups again with majority of the companies working with concentration on local entities. 

Although this thread is about ‘tech changes’, My analysis is not related to the tech but pointing out the trend it may happen..

• Confused 1

All the ride sharing services and uber’s Or delivery services which utilize the platform developed by UBeR will cease to exist and exit from the business, the yellow taxis which lost the business, will get back into the business with controlled regime. I think UBER and LyFT etc will restructured their usage to common individuals and start the B2B model which will create an artificial demand and more money for the services..

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

In twenty years, I see the trend reversing. 

For example, Amazon may not survive the same way it is now. Or even Walmart. I believe all these corporations have become so big and complex that they will split into many small companies, one main reason would be availability of technology very cheap and ready made products. 

All big corporations today became big by buying out the smaller companies and twenty years from now, I see these companies splitting into smaller groups again with majority of the companies working with concentration on local entities. 

Although this thread is about ‘tech changes’, My analysis is not related to the tech but pointing out the trend it may happen..

amazon ni walmart ni oke genre lo vesesinava kaka...amazon is making most of its money through aws not through retail sales..

11 minutes ago, k2s said:

2010’s to 2020’s is cloud era... so any one who owns cloud will be millionaires. 

thatha, mari niku emaina unnayaa ee cloud side?

FEDEX and UPS, we may not see these trucks plying in the roads and making deliveries to home anymore, the present day uber drivers and lyft drivers will be replaced with FeDeX and UPS delivery trucks. The UBER drivers who are driving passengers today, will ferry goods from depots to door step...

Just now, ARYA said:

amazon ni walmart ni oke genre lo vesesinava kaka...amazon is making most of its money through aws not through retail sales..

Good point. 

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

FEDEX and UPS, we may not see these trucks plying in the roads and making deliveries to home anymore, the present day uber drivers and lyft drivers will be replaced with FeDeX and UPS delivery trucks. The UBER drivers who are driving passengers today, will ferry goods from depots to door step...

If self driving cars become affordable and common place, why even have human drivers anymore? Can't this be done with autonomous driving cars, Amazon is already using drones to deliver goods. 

1 minute ago, ARYA said:

Nah, I did not club Amazon’s AWS business...When I took example of Amazon and Walmart, it’s clear that I was trying to compare the online and retail slaws of today and their market..