Next big industry in Tech

tennisluvr

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

All the ride sharing services and uber’s Or delivery services which utilize the platform developed by UBeR will cease to exist and exit from the business, the yellow taxis which lost the business, will get back into the business with controlled regime. I think UBER and LyFT etc will restructured their usage to common individuals and start the B2B model which will create an artificial demand and more money for the services..

Manual cabs will be obsolete, once self driving cars come into picture. Also buying cars will become an obsolete concept, people will just rent the service when they need. Kinda like a pay as you go service. 

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Nah, I did not club Amazon’s AWS business...When I took example of Amazon and Walmart, it’s clear that I was trying to compare the online and retail slaws of today and their market..

gotcha

Just now, tennisluvr said:

If self driving cars become affordable and common place, why even have human drivers anymore? Can't this be done with autonomous driving cars, Amazon is already using drones to deliver goods. 

Self driving cars and drones, I still fancy them and don’t see reality for another 20 years at least...May be driverless car with a human sitting inside but an autonomous car, may be far away...not because people can’t create then but infra and laws...

5 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

In twenty years, I see the trend reversing. 

For example, Amazon may not survive the same way it is now. Or even Walmart. I believe all these corporations have become so big and complex that they will split into many small companies, one main reason would be availability of technology very cheap and ready made products. 

All big corporations today became big by buying out the smaller companies and twenty years from now, I see these companies splitting into smaller groups again with majority of the companies working with concentration on local entities. 

Although this thread is about ‘tech changes’, My analysis is not related to the tech but pointing out the trend it may happen..

These companies are a product of the "free market" economy and a by product of the capitalistic society. No one imagined corporations to become so omnipotent when this system was designed. Anyone that comes with a concept that's futuristic will be brought out by the big tech companies unless there are checks and balances to prevent that from happening. At the moment that's not happening. 

And gas cars may not be common like they are today...with the way investments going on in the industry, I think we are going to witness rapid change in the way we travel...

2 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

My guess is health industry only, since @tennisluvr said it is biomedical industry, there is possibility for this

Right that's what I meant. Nanobots being injected into the blood stream instead of let's say tablets and pills like now, might be a thing that will become common. Of course, there are security implications in this as they will all be controlled by an external source(AI entity). 

1 minute ago, ARYA said:

I feel the electric auto  revolution along with self driving cars will be a thing in the next 2 decades  

Yes that's already happening which is why it's an industry that's already emerged. Elon Musk is a house hold name now. 

Let's think about something that's not yet mainstream but on the periphery. 

Asian countries will lead the world in electric driving technology than the western counterparts, I know it may sound silly but trust me, Asian counties especially China and India will witness the electric car, which has just began..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Doubt that. They are already losing money plus once self driving cars become common there's no incentive to use Uber/Lyft. Airbnb might continue to make money but it's kinda saturated right now, I think they have hit their peak. 

The next big thing is going to be a biomedical revolution, maybe nanobots for treatment etc instead of using drugs. That's where I believe the next billionaire is going to emerge from. 

Self driving cars are being implemented by Uber and Lyft on the streets. They take uber because they don't have a car. If they don't have a car then where did the question of self driving car come from?

11 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Asian countries will lead the world in electric driving technology than the western counterparts, I know it may sound silly but trust me, Asian counties especially China and India will witness the electric car, which has just began..

Agreed

Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Facebook, Google......... With in 20 years all these will be replaced by new startups.

Too big ayye kodhi...... Innovation rate padipotundi...... Go back last 50 years............ Every 10-15 years....... the Top 10 most valuable firms list changes. 

13 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

True.......... India & China electricity demand adhi solve cheste thru green technology........ They will rule the world with in next 25 years. 

Electric car charging stations and connectivity will big advantage in India........ Most of Major Indian cities are connected across India within 500 kms.