Moving from Chicago to Houston - Need suggestions

athili_duvva_combo

6 hours ago, Amrita said:

I like winter better than summer.  MIku chicago winter worst emo naku okay.  I feel better than houston summer. 8-9 months roasting aey danikanna chicago better ani na bhavam. Also Illinois is much better than Texas *n$

Agree.

If you are the type who can withstand intense heat and humidity, you may move to TX, FL, AZ, NV, southern CA. On the other hand, if you cannot even take your kids to a park or outdoors in the summer (you cannot), these states are horrible and not for you (you can take them only to water parks). I lived in FL and San Antonio (the hottest place) before. You can get used to cold weather but you will never get used to hot weather if you cannot stand heat.

6 hours ago, Somedude said:

Adhe kadha vichithram.

Chicago winters experienced?

Yes, for 5 years now and counting...

There is no perfect place on Earth with respect to schools, jobs, rates, housing, cost of living, crime rate, weather, etc. The better places have people flocking to them and raising cost of living. Choose what suits your situation and body nature. Some people can withstand heat more than others can and vice-versa.

• Like 1

If you never experienced summer in TX, FL, AZ, NV, southern CA you may pay a trial visit for a week as it is summer now and see it for yourself before making the decision to avoid any surprises and shocks.

6 minutes ago, MobileMusic said:

Agree.

If you are the type who can withstand intense heat and humidity, you may move to TX, FL, AZ, NV, southern CA. On the other hand, if you cannot even take your kids to a park or outdoors in the summer (you cannot), these states are horrible and not for you (you can take them only to water parks). I lived in FL and San Antonio (the hottest place) before. You can get used to cold weather but you will never get used to hot weather if you cannot stand heat.

Yes, for 5 years now and counting...

There is no perfect place on Earth with respect to schools, jobs, rates, housing, cost of living, crime rate, weather, etc. The better places have people flocking to them and raising cost of living. Choose what suits your situation and body nature.

Yeah, I lived there. Its great city for many things except for the weather. I hated those winters. Good for you guys who don't mind the winters.

4 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Yeah, I lived there. Its great city for many things except for the weather. I hated those winters. Good for you guys who don't mind the winters.

But your profile picture indicates you are a cold blue freezer type and not a red hot furnace type.

7 minutes ago, MobileMusic said:

But your profile picture indicates you are a cold blue freezer type and not a red hot furnace type.

Chicago lo undi ala thayyaraina..

• Haha 1