Is Modi going to make his Lal Chowk stint a permanant place ..--- I hope he does...

Spartan

This happened in 1992. Kashmir was in the grip of a full-fledged, Pakistan-backed militancy when Murli Manohar Joshi announced his decision to hoist the Tricolour at Srinagar’s historic square, the Lal Chowk, on Republic Day.

The militants were infuriated. They threatened Joshi and BJP supporters, and dared them to hoist the flag on the iconic clock tower.

They had managed to carry out a huge strike two days before January 26. The militants had snuck in a bomb in the meeting room of the state DGP. The bomb went off while a meeting was in progress and top police officials, including the DGP, sustained critical injuries.

On January 26, Lal Chowk was surrounded by hundreds of security men and curfew was imposed in Kashmir. Joshi did raise the flag on the pedestal of the clock tower, though he sustained injuries when the staff supporting the Tricolour snapped.

Apart from the by-and-large Hindu supporters of the BJP, at some distance was a Kashmiri local, in his early 20s, Mohammad Ashraf Aazad, who had taken great risks to reach Lal Chowk from his village, Hakarmulla in Budgam. He, too, stood still, saluting the flag.

“There was a curfew and I had to lie to the forces about going to hospital,” says Ashraf, adding that his reason to reach Lal Chowk was to see and admire “the man who had challenged the might of militants”.

When he saw Joshi unfurling the flag and others saluting it, he too saluted, says Aazad. “It was out of respect for their dedication.”

Then, he recalls, his arm was gripped by somebody. “I saw a man with the black beard on his face, wearing black waistcoat over white kurta, asking me my name. I was frightened but told him.”

Aazad says the person took him along in a vehicle to a place which he later found out was Srinagar’s Nehru Guest house.

“That man, I later got to know, was a member of the RSS and his name was Narendra Damodardas Modi,” recalls Aazad.

Those who had come along with Joshi were impressed after interacting with Aazad. He was taken to Jammu where he was asked to form a peace group. His work was to make people understand that gun is not the solution.

“When I returned to Srinagar, I got security and government accommodation,” he says. According to Aazad, he was running a small LPG -filling unit in Bemina locality of Srinagar. However, a local from his village said he was already considered a renegade.

The next year when Narendra Modi visited Kashmir, Aazad was asked to stay with him. “Kashmir had only six districts at the time. Modi ji and I visited almost all districts,” he claims. “We met a number of people.”

During this time, he says, Modi stayed at his home for three days. “He would only eat vegetarian food,” recalls Aazad.

• Upvote 1

There is an incredible story behind Narendra Modi, the current Prime Minister of India. Have you ever come across Modi’s earlier life? In the year 1992, Narendra Modi put his life at risk in order to unfurl the tricolor Indian flag in Srinagar. In the Kashmir valley, there were different times during the period of the 1990s. In that era, the armed militants governed the entire streets of Srinagar.

2013_09_17_05_59_30_modi-profile14.jpg

Image Source

To be precise, there was an elevated level of militancy in that period. During such circumstances, the Bharatiya Janata Party aka BJP decided to oppose the terrorist attack. They have commenced ‘Ekta Yatra’ from Kashmir to Kanyakumari including Narendra Modi. On 26th January, they have successfully hoisted the Indian flag at Lal Chowk.

2017_1largeimg119_Jan_2017_145448873gall

Image Source

The enraged militants tried a lot to resist the rally. They showed their anger by blowing up a police station. Besides this, they jammed the highway of Jammu Srinagar where the BJP party leaders have decided to carry out their Yatra. But, the BJP leaders took it as a challenge and went ahead without any fear. Modi gave his speech during the Yatra 2 days before the Republic day in the year 1992.

50107-vzjmklzmwv-1485353184-667x350.png

Image Source

During the speech, he said that the terrorists are seeking to stop the success of this mission. The terrorists placed posters on the walls near Lal Chowk. On the posters, they have written that those who had his mother’s milk shall come forward and unfurl the Indian Flag at Lal Chowk. Those who come forward and go alive then, terrorists will give him the best reward. Later, Modi warned the terrorists saying that there are just a few hours left for the beginning of 26th January. On that day, it will be proved at Lal Chowk who has had his mother’s milk.

BlfISEfCAAADn0A.jpg

Then, the BJP Leaders reached Srinagar through the planes and walked near Lal Chowk which is the main square in Srinagar. They proudly hoisted the Indian Flag and showed that Kashmir is an integral part of the Republic of India. Narendra Damodardas Modi was the one who played a crucial role in that rally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best thing Modi is doing is empowering people like never before,

The old eco system of 'mai baap' is being destroyed - an achievement that will surpass any other in the long term.

Lal Chowk gurinchi chala mandi ki telvadu...kani indeipendent India la chala pedda story vundi Srinagar Lal Chowk ki....

Many of you might not aware but even Kishan Reddy, BJP MP from Secunderabad was also part of this team who hoisted Tricolor at lal chowk

I was there at Lal Chowk on 26th Jan 2010. There was not even one flag visible...

ilanti places anni identify chesi indian flags hoist cheyali..luv da lo congrease has ruined enough being secular. aa hyd old city lo kuda kummi denkali aa owaisi and co ni...

57 minutes ago, boeing747 said:

ilanti places anni identify chesi indian flags hoist cheyali..luv da lo congrease has ruined enough being secular. aa hyd old city lo kuda kummi denkali aa owaisi and co ni...

Kashmir set ayithe, chinnaga anni set avuthaayi ..