Sanskrit should be taught like other skills

Rushabhi

1 minute ago, Ram51 said:

instead of learning sanskit.. time shud be spent on updating ancient texts to current scenarios.. a lot of them are out of date 

only reading them in sanskrit will give the accurate depiction. translating into other languages will kill most of the real meaning in texts

16 minutes ago, Ram51 said:

instead of learning sanskit.. time shud be spent on updating ancient texts to current scenarios.. a lot of them are out of date 

Listen to Garikapati Videos. 

13 hours ago, Rushabhi said:

Skills like Bharatanayam, Kuchipudi, music. There should be organanizations like Hindi prachara sabha. At least some will get interest in learning and interpreting our ancient texts. Idhi naaku ninna vachina showerthought.

They have taught Hindi to all high school students; hardly can any student understand Hindi or speak Hindi unless they watch Hindi movies. That's the same point JP of Loksatta  made about Kasturi Rangan report, and about English medium schools: the teacher can't speak/understand English, nor students do, yet schools are English medium.

Don't force any language through schools; it is a futile business.

13 hours ago, Rushabhi said:

Skills like Bharatanayam, Kuchipudi, music. There should be organanizations like Hindi prachara sabha. At least some will get interest in learning and interpreting our ancient texts. Idhi naaku ninna vachina showerthought.

what is showerthought ?

2 hours ago, Hector8 said:

French, German, Spanish nerchukunte vere country ki poyi aina bathakochu... sanskrit nerchukunte em vastadi 

Knowing some Latin words helped me learn English faster, understand it faster and if I do not understand helped me to structure it so that I can understand from its structure. Example pater meaning priest/ father in Latin helped me understand words like paternal/paternity.

Sanskrit predates Spanish/German and can be considered the oldest Indo European language in existence.Learning it helps in learning other European languages easily and making us polyglots. 

On top of that there is a lot to discover in terms of works/ poetry and all if we learn these classical languages.

I am not asking to include them in schools but to increase its popularity outside 

Everyone I conversed with so far about advocating Sanskrit was interested in teaching it to their kids but not making an effort and learn it for themselves. Why not parents and grand parents learn Sanskrit and enjoy ancient texts/scriptures and leave the kids alone? Too many talkers but not many takers. Kids are so busy with homework and other stuff - where is the time to learn Sanskrit which won't get used anyway?

Years ago back in India, there used to be Sanskrit news daily on the radio. I never understood the purpose of that content or the 0.00001% audience they were targeting. I asked many people if they understood any of it and no one said they did. What a waste of resources! What percentage of Indian population has Sanskrit as their mother tongue?

We don't need to learn Sanskrit to learn or understand other languages. No one in other countries has learnt Sanskrit to learn other languages and there were no issues for them learning other languages. They don't even know Sanskrit exists - they don't care even if they knew it exists or even if it is the oldest language or even if it is the mother of all other languages or even if it helps learn/understand other languages easily (just like they don't care about cricket).

Be young, think modern and prepare for the future - don't live in the past and definitely not in the ancient times. When it comes to finding a job, being BI-LINGUAL (with foreign languages) is a huge advantage and will score you some points. We cannot mention Sanskrit at a job interview - it has no commercial value. I can mention that my hobby is playing music and that is acceptable and no one will make fun of me. We should focus on learning things which we can add to our resume and add value to ourselves - not waste our time on futile stuff that never gets used and no one cares about.

4 hours ago, dasara_bullodu said:

only reading them in sanskrit will give the accurate depiction. translating into other languages will kill most of the real meaning in texts

aa depictions ee out of date antunna.. write more realistic contemporary stuff ya

4 hours ago, reality said:

Listen to Garikapati Videos. 

ya he is good but he adds his own bias into his speeches..

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jefferson1 said:

Who has time to learn all those 

homework thone thadisioothundi...kids have no free time 

asalu ippudu unna system complete ga thsesi, old model thisukuravali.

38 minutes ago, Ram51 said:

aa depictions ee out of date antunna.. write more realistic contemporary stuff ya

ya he is good but he adds his own bias into his speeches..

Universal truths lo date geet em undav ... eppudaina Upanishads chadavataniki try chesava?

21 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu said:

Universal truths lo date geet em undav ... eppudaina Upanishads chadavataniki try chesava?

ante for example ramudu forests ki elladu ani akkada chetlani puttalni varninche badulu.. ramudu gre toefl rasi MS seyyadaniki elladu ani raasaranuko.. janalu ekkuva relate avtaru ani naa yokka idi.. 

అయితే తెలుగు చదవడం రాయడం ఎందుకు నేర్చుకోవాలి? మాట్లాడేసి ఆంగ్లం స్పానిష్ మాండరిన్ జర్మన్ తదితర భాషలు నేర్పించి పనికి పంపవచ్చు గా! 

సంస్కృతం నేర్చుకోవాలి ప్రతి ఒక్కరు. ఆధునిక భావాలు కలిగి ఉండటం తప్పు కాదు కానీ చైనా వాడి కర్మాగారాల్లో పని చేయాల్సి వస్తుంది కదా అని ముందే మాండరిన్ నేర్పి మన విలువలు కొల్పోలేము అని విన్నపం 

3 minutes ago, Kaashayam said:

అయితే తెలుగు చదవడం రాయడం ఎందుకు నేర్చుకోవాలి? మాట్లాడేసి ఆంగ్లం స్పానిష్ మాండరిన్ జర్మన్ తదితర భాషలు నేర్పించి పనికి పంపవచ్చు గా! 

సంస్కృతం నేర్చుకోవాలి ప్రతి ఒక్కరు. ఆధునిక భావాలు కలిగి ఉండటం తప్పు కాదు కానీ చైనా వాడి కర్మాగారాల్లో పని చేయాల్సి వస్తుంది కదా అని ముందే మాండరిన్ నేర్పి మన విలువలు కొల్పోలేము అని విన్నపం 

కఇకది కచెకప్పకడాకనికకి కక్రొకత్త కఐకడి కవేకస్కుకని కరాకవాకలా

4 minutes ago, Ram51 said:

కఇకది కచెకప్పకడాకనికకి కక్రొకత్త కఐకడి కవేకస్కుకని కరాకవాకలా

Kotha ID veskoni evarocharu brother? Thread lo vallade vere ID anukunte you are wrong. Kothavallu typing cheyakudada mee opinions ki against ga?