Assets vs Wealth

srshb445

hi guys, want to discuss on this.......why does people in india go after assets and don't enjoy their wealth.....i will tell whats the difference is.....

scenario 1 ->  you have 8 cr worth property in houses, lands, agricultural lands.....so most of the assets don't yield monthly income, so through rental income i am getting only 1 lakh per mth fixed rental income.....

scenario 2 -> you have 4 cr worth property, lyk say 2 cr in 1 house which yields very good rental income, 2 cr in cash throughfd or mutual funds, both will give 3 lakh per mth fixed rental income......

99% our people in india say scenario 1 is best, it is always good to have assets as in the future down the road, that 8 cr will become 15  cr in 5 yrs and in 20 yrs they become  30 cr, by that time we will get into 60's and we ideally don't enjoy the wealth.......whats the point in having assets when we don't enjoy any wealth from those assets, those numbers cheppukovadaniki matrame......so i would go with scenario 2, where it is balacing with 1 asset in house, a house only rental purpose lantidi which yields good rental income and some cash which yields good income......

scenario 2 valana adv enti ante, mth ki 3 lakhs vastundi kabatti, oka 30k we can be ready to keep it in to rent a 3 bhk apt.......my point is 2 cr or 3 cr house undatam kante, keep that 2 to 3 cr cash in savings or fd or mutual funds with less risk and stay in rental house by spending 30 to 35 k to rent a good apt.......that way we will enjoy our wealth........what do you say guys....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sboyr2r

• JollyBoy

• srshb445

• Jombo0108

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, srshb445 said:

hi guys, want to discuss on this.......why does people in india go after assets and don't enjoy their wealth.....i will tell whats the difference is.....

scenario 1 ->  you have 8 cr worth property in houses, lands, agricultural lands.....so most of the assets don't yield monthly income, so through rental income i am getting only 1 lakh per mth fixed rental income.....

scenario 2 -> you have 4 cr worth property, lyk say 2 cr in 1 house which yields very good rental income, 2 cr in cash throughfd or mutual funds, both will give 3 lakh per mth fixed rental income......

99% our people in india say scenario 1 is best, it is always good to have assets as in the future down the road, that 8 cr will become 15  cr in 5 yrs and in 20 yrs they become  30 cr, by that time we will get into 60's and we ideally don't enjoy the wealth.......whats the point in having assets when we don't enjoy any wealth from those assets, those numbers cheppukovadaniki matrame......so i would go with scenario 2, where it is balacing with 1 asset in house, a house only rental purpose lantidi which yields good rental income and some cash which yields good income......

scenario 2 valana adv enti ante, mth ki 3 lakhs vastundi kabatti, oka 30k we can be ready to keep it in to rent a 3 bhk apt.......my point is 2 cr or 3 cr house undatam kante, keep that 2 to 3 cr cash in savings or fd or mutual funds with less risk and stay in rental house by spending 30 to 35 k to rent a good apt.......that way we will enjoy our wealth........what do you say guys....

Desi mentality is different. 

If you have fixed assets, you dont have to worry about recession, stock market fluctuations, ...

what happens if your house collapse/damage due to a natural calamity? what happens if your mutual funds crash?... while these dont happen in reality, answers to these questions will take you to step 1 

5 minutes ago, Rabbo said:

4 cr investment cheste, 3 lakhs fixed income per month ela vasthadi 🤔🤔

Just example ki teesukomanna......3 lakhs koncham avvachu, but 2 to 2.5 l is definitely possible

17 minutes ago, srshb445 said:

mental enjoyment untundhi... you are talking about enjoying luxury 

2 hours ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Desi mentality is different. 

If you have fixed assets, you dont have to worry about recession, stock market fluctuations, ...

what happens if your house collapse/damage due to a natural calamity? what happens if your mutual funds crash?... while these dont happen in reality, answers to these questions will take you to step 1 

Scenario 1 ki kabja vundada, if you are in US you will never be able to use them for their value you put in. They just appreciate, neither your kids won’t enjoy as well provided they are born here why would they go back and enjoy those assets. Inka nuvvu retirement plan adì idi ante manaki em telsu one year tarvata emaithadoo let alone 10 yrs later. 

Mutual funds crash/ recession lantidi oste Nee assets ki kuda problem ee you cannot liquidate then if you are in dire need of capital. 

Everything in interlinked I would say. 

As per TS post I think second scenario is better ani naa yokka idi 

2 hours ago, Rabbo said:

4 cr investment cheste, 3 lakhs fixed income per month ela vasthadi 🤔🤔

Simple interest at 4 percent ee u will get around 16 lacs, FD cheste 7/8 % so around 30L not bad and if you diversify you can get good returns naa. First edanna TS adigina question ki answer cheyandii, ulta doubts adagamakandi just as an hypothetical question not all the time you will have upper hand kad a

I will give one more example.....a middle class man earns some 15 lakhs per anum......after taxes it will be 12 lakhs.....he decides to buy a decent 2 br apt......apt cost is some 60l.....so mthly he will pay 50k approximately for emi for the nxt 20-25 years......that means he has to spend half of his net income for emi only and that too for a property which he will own after 20 years......instead he didn't took the burden of buying the apt, in that 50k emi which I mentioned in the above, he spends 20k for apt rent and some 15 k in savings , 15k in luxury things, he will be more happy with the 2nd case...

First motive for People to buy assets is by comparing with others 

Secondly, after N years they want their assets to appreciate.

finally, no matter how much rental income you get your monthly expenditures won’t bump up & you would just Put that money into your savings