What's the reason for rising unemployment in India?

Hydrockers

was interviewed at Cafe Coffee Day in 2007. It was for the role of Serving Boy. Compensation was Rs 150/- day.

I was happy because it was my first interview and I got the offer. But I didn’t take the job.

Because my parents were unhappy with the fact that I will be working as a waiter in a Cafe. And I think they were afraid more than being unhappy. Afraid of what society will say! What neighbors or relatives will think. Anyway, I didn’t take the job.

Another incident, I got an interview call from Convergys and I got the offer in 2013. But I didn’t take the job. Because it was rotational and no fixed holidays.

In short, I think we are more concerned about our status quo in society than grabbing an opportunity. Most of us are happy to struggle to get a job rather than accepting a low role. Because we want a role we deserve and we measure it in terms of our education.

Even companies understand this and that is why they mention in the requirements of job openings- B.Com, B.A. is preferred. MBAs or Master Degree holders do not apply for the job. Because they know well that a master degree holder won’t feel comfortable in a newbie role.

Our status quo is one of the reasons among others of rising unemployment in India. We are more concerned about what others will think rather than thinking about how an opportunity can help us grow?

If we take a look at Western Countries, teenagers of 14 years or above starting grabbing the opportunities. They work in marts or cafes part-time. It helps them learn how to survive in the working world, learn skills like public speaking, salesmanship, negotiation, etc. They learn to make independent decisions and choices.

While in our nation, we are covered in the shell until a minimum of 18 years. Our decisions are dependent on our parents and social norms. And on average, we seek a job between the age of 20–25. But the job we get are not the ones that make us happy. We struggle due to lack of life skills, peer pressure, etc and seek for a better job. Our growth rate is slower than counterparts.

And other factors also contribute to rising unemployment which is shared in other answers to this question.

21 minutes ago, sureshkonda said:

Pakkodu emi anukuntadu ane mindset lo brathukutharu akkada. These people have no self respect.

paina cheppindi alage undi...

what others think/status quo louda gallu ilanti posts quora lo vesi vere vallani chedagodatharu

demonetization, GST. modi ane oka tughlak palana. Pethanam cheyali, thokki pattali meedha vunna moju a RSS vallaki development meedha vundhadhu. They want caste system in india in which they dominate and others suffer. talented Others will be tolerated only if they accept their supremacy. shitty country right now.

2 hours ago, Hydrockers said:

was interviewed at Cafe Coffee Day in 2007. It was for the role of Serving Boy. Compensation was Rs 150/- day.

I was happy because it was my first interview and I got the offer. But I didn’t take the job.

Because my parents were unhappy with the fact that I will be working as a waiter in a Cafe. And I think they were afraid more than being unhappy. Afraid of what society will say! What neighbors or relatives will think. Anyway, I didn’t take the job.

Another incident, I got an interview call from Convergys and I got the offer in 2013. But I didn’t take the job. Because it was rotational and no fixed holidays.

In short, I think we are more concerned about our status quo in society than grabbing an opportunity. Most of us are happy to struggle to get a job rather than accepting a low role. Because we want a role we deserve and we measure it in terms of our education.

Even companies understand this and that is why they mention in the requirements of job openings- B.Com, B.A. is preferred. MBAs or Master Degree holders do not apply for the job. Because they know well that a master degree holder won’t feel comfortable in a newbie role.

Our status quo is one of the reasons among others of rising unemployment in India. We are more concerned about what others will think rather than thinking about how an opportunity can help us grow?

If we take a look at Western Countries, teenagers of 14 years or above starting grabbing the opportunities. They work in marts or cafes part-time. It helps them learn how to survive in the working world, learn skills like public speaking, salesmanship, negotiation, etc. They learn to make independent decisions and choices.

While in our nation, we are covered in the shell until a minimum of 18 years. Our decisions are dependent on our parents and social norms. And on average, we seek a job between the age of 20–25. But the job we get are not the ones that make us happy. We struggle due to lack of life skills, peer pressure, etc and seek for a better job. Our growth rate is slower than counterparts.

And other factors also contribute to rising unemployment which is shared in other answers to this question.

Simple kaka

70 years of congi rule

6 minutes ago, BetterThief said:

Simple kaka

70 years of congi rule

Congi developed a tolerant  socitey and people leant to live in cohesion. Never underder estimate  about  dreadful and fatal repercautions  of a polarization  in a religion and caste sensitive society.   if poliarization was created 70 years ago or through 70 years, We would have been another somalia (genocide) or likes of  middle east asian countries (IRAQ, SYRIA, IRAN, LIBYIA so on) with every passing day is like a war in the neightborhood. Much like today's Kashmir but whole India would have been Kashmir like.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Yaman02 said:

Congi developed a tolerant  socitey and people leant to live in cohesion. Never underder estimate  about  dreadful and fatal repercautions  of a polarization  in a religion and caste sensitive society.   if poliarization was created 70 years ago or through 70 years, We would have been another somalia (genocide) or likes of  middle east asian countries (IRAQ, SYRIA, IRAN, LIBYIA so on) with every passing day is like a war in the neightborhood. Much like today's Kashmir but whole India would have been Kashmir like.

Lol congi supporter

@batman2

@Gaali_Gottam_Govinda