post your daily schedule

kakatiya

1 hour ago, Meow said:

NSF-REU lo ostaruga undergrads

Yeah. You know that is not very easy. You need show the facilities and labs. That is difficult where I am.

Just now, galiraju said:

Yup

Cool, koncham details cheppu, enni years track? startup ki enta icharu? E madhya 7 year tracks chaala stressful unnayi anukunta, and 3 years fast track is horrible. 

1 hour ago, Meow said:

NSF-REU lo ostaruga undergrads

only a few undergrads know what they are doing. Most of them it takes time. I did it once. I wrote all the codes and explain to the guy all the theory. undergrads work provided I have grads and postdoc to take of them. Otherwise it is nightmare.

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

Yeah. You know that is not very easy. You need show the facilities and labs. That is difficult where I am.

REU ki proposals raayalsindi undergrads, manam kadu. Ante kavalante manam help cheyochu valla proposal meeda but it depends on their credentials. 

Just now, galiraju said:

only a few undergrads know what they are doing. Most of them it takes time. I did it once. I wrote all the codes and explain to the guy all the theory. undergrads work provided I have grads and postdoc to take of them. Otherwise it is nightmare.

I trained a few undergrads. I actually like training undergrad students better because you can train them from scratch. Some grad students already have experience so it's hard to retrain them. 

2 minutes ago, Meow said:

Cool, koncham details cheppu, enni years track? startup ki enta icharu? E madhya 7 year tracks chaala stressful unnayi anukunta, and 3 years fast track is horrible. 

mine is regular 5 year track. I am at a primarily teaching institution so no startup. If it were a  tier 1 research then depending on the state funding and your negotiation. Lot of state universities are running with budget cuts so I dunno

7:15 wake up

7:30 to 8 getting ready 

8 to 9 breakfast, commute

9 to 5:30 office 

5:30 to 6 commute 

6 to 7 cko

7 to 8 post workout routine and commute 

8 to 12 cooking cleaning, parents ki hai bi ramusim 

12 to 7 sleep

1 minute ago, Meow said:

I trained a few undergrads. I actually like training undergrad students better because you can train them from scratch. Some grad students already have experience so it's hard to retrain them. 

Mine is theoretical physics/computational physics. So It was hard at that time.  may be I dunno. Problem is I have no time to even look at my work :(

1 minute ago, galiraju said:

mine is regular 5 year track. I am at a primarily teaching institution so no startup. If it were a  tier 1 research then depending on the state funding and your negotiation. Lot of state universities are running with budget cuts so I dunno

Mari requirements enti tenure raadaniki? Funding ki enta ravali? I guess student evaluation ki chaala importance untundemo

5 minutes ago, galiraju said:

Mine is theoretical physics/computational physics. So It was hard at that time.  may be I dunno. Problem is I have no time to even look at my work :(

Sir ipude me prathiba nu chusa.. me univ seat istara

Just now, Meow said:

Mari requirements enti tenure raadaniki? Funding ki enta ravali? I guess student evaluation ki chaala importance untundemo

Yup. Student Evals and Service. Research is not a requirement for the tenure. It is completely up to us.